Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This Steelers and Titans game shows how bad we truly are
(11-17-2017, 08:24 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: No comparisons can ever be made about teams based off of a single game against a common opponent.

Agreed. But you can sure make comparisons about the two teams based on their overall W-L records,  being that both teams play the same opponents.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2017, 08:24 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: By the same rationale, we are just as good as they are by comparing their game against the Colts to our game against the Colts.

Actually we are clearly superior to them, as they walked into Cleveland and just escaped with a 3 point win, while we went in there and beat them so bad they were given two losses for it.

No comparisons can ever be made about teams based off of a single game against a common opponent.

Nice post, there is no rationality in comparing these games.

Cuz of Marv we always suck against the Steelers, wish i could see us have a HC that is not a Steelers fan as a Bengals HC....

Then we will see somethin' to compare. Until then it is all irrational.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2017, 10:25 AM)Nately120 Wrote: This game also makes me wonder why any Bengals fan wouldn't love the Patriots.  Almost every year we get to a point where we try to stand between the Steelers and yet another Lombardi and they run over us with little to no effort and we are stuck rooting for the Patriots to do what we can't do and prevent them from winning it all.

We are all Patriots fans by some point during the season.

This is why I always defend the Patriots. I'm not a fan of theirs, but, I am glad they've been who've they been the past 15 years or the Steelers would probably have another 2-3 Super Bowls. Hell, the Ravens even have helped on occasion. 

Unfortunately, I think the Steelers will beat the Pats this year in the playoffs. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It's right about this time of a shitty season in Cincinnati where I begin to tune out. 
I'm trying to find a reason for paying any attention at this point and the only thing I can come up with is I actually like reading most of your comments on this board. If this board were to go under I probably would just quit paying attention to football at all..
Pat yourselves on the backs fellas.. You're keeping me somewhat entertained. lol
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2017, 01:26 AM)Trademark Wrote: The Steelers are dominating them, while we basically got dominated except for the one pass to Green for a TD. Can’t wait to see how bad we get dominated this week!

Do not watch anymore, but I am in 100% agreement with Terry Bradshaw.  If a Chuck Knoll type mind was coaching this team instead of Mike Tomlin, they would have even more titles than the 6 they do!  
Reply/Quote
I think our record shows how bad we are.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote