Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
PFF OL grades - Week 10
(11-20-2020, 11:19 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: He played a guard for a little while and wasn't that good. Wanna say vs the Browns?

Jonah did?  I must have missed that...Which game?  The second game the offense was really damn good.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2020, 11:24 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Jonah did?  I must have missed that...Which game?  The second game the offense was really damn good.  

When we played them at the Browns. They gave up 4 sacks and 8 QB hits. Trying to find snap counts at guard, but I can't seem to find it. Maybe I am wrong, but i thought I remember them trying him out there.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2020, 10:58 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This is likely to start a shit storm blowing in my direction, so I responded to your post as others might ignore it  Ninja.

If you truly value the guard position and look at the interior linemen the Bengals face in the division, maybe you consider moving Jonah Williams to LG and Adeniji to LT.  If Williams could be a Joe Thuney/Quinten Nelson at LG, and Adeniji and Hart could be 75 rated OTs, the offensive line might be better than any we have had in recent history, and my a large margin.  

The only knock on Jonah has been arm length.  Not saying that has shown in his play, but he is built more like a guard, and I doubt the speed issues that have plagued virtually every other guard we have rolled out there would be an issue.  

It simply doesn't work in reverse if you try to put Adeniji, as he has always been a tackle and seems to have his strengths for that skill set, whereas I think Jonah could be successful at any position.

And for those discounting the Guard position (like the Bengals?), look at how the solid play at OT has helped this team run the ball and protect the QB...it really hasn't.  The guard play has been, largely, awful.  

Not saying this is a bad idea if Adeniji can play up to par with Jonah at LT. The thing about both of them is they pride 
themselves on technique. I just don't know if Adeniji is there yet. Guard is usually easier to play then OT, so I just thought
it might be a good idea to get our best O-lineman on the field. Redmond is a walking penalty, doesn't matter if he can run
block at times if he is called for a false start before hand.

Also, I know Adeniji is extremely versatile and has played all the positions, I don't know if Jonah has ever played Guard.

Just saw HH's post, but I watched every snap of every game and don't remember Jonah playing Guard in any game.

Not even the first Browns game.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2020, 11:36 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: When we played them at the Browns. They gave up 4 sacks and 8 QB hits. Trying to find snap counts at guard, but I can't seem to find it. Maybe I am wrong, but i thought I remember them trying him out there.

I might go back and watch this game to make sure.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2020, 11:36 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: When we played them at the Browns. They gave up 4 sacks and 8 QB hits. Trying to find snap counts at guard, but I can't seem to find it. Maybe I am wrong, but i thought I remember them trying him out there.

You must be thinking of Fred Johnson. Jonah Williams has not played OG in a game for the Bengals.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2020, 05:10 PM)ochocincos Wrote: You must be thinking of Fred Johnson. Jonah Williams has not played OG in a game for the Bengals.

And saying Johnson "played" OG is stretching it. He's lined up at OG
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2020, 05:10 PM)ochocincos Wrote: You must be thinking of Fred Johnson. Jonah Williams has not played OG in a game for the Bengals.

I think that’s what I was thinking as well. I was wrong about that. I looked it in and couldn’t find it either. Not uncommon for me to be wrong
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2020, 06:17 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: I think that’s what I was thinking as well. I was wrong about that. I looked it in and couldn’t find it either. Not uncommon for me to be wrong

Eh, you are usually pretty spot on HH.
Reply/Quote
PFF does not have Williams registering any snaps at OG. 100% LT. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote