[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Rooooxanne

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=8076921]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Super glad I skipped the GameDay thread today. Had to be a shit show.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Anybody wanna change their mind on the 2015 team vs this one?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 08:37 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Super glad I skipped the GameDay thread today. Had to be a shit show.

It was very reminiscent of a 2020 or 2019 thread.

So, yes.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Man, this was awful
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 08:37 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Super glad I skipped the GameDay thread today. Had to be a shit show.

It was beyond a shit show and it was the same turds with their verbal violent diarrhea spewing that was making it worse than being submerged in a toxic sludge of rancid feces and raw sewage. 

**** that forum. They can have it with all the whiney-ass sky is falling bullshit from the get go. I'd feel sorry for them if i didn't want them to...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__qSe1b_ukM

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
[Image: ab8a72128577a930819c263edd2f7ac8.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 08:54 PM)jason Wrote: Anybody wanna change their mind on the 2015 team vs this one?

Meh. That team wasn’t perfect either. Even before Andy went down. They laid an egg against Houston at home. Dalton only completed like half his passes, had <200 yards, and a passer rating in the 60’s.

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 11:29 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Meh. That team wasn’t perfect either. Even before Andy went down. They laid an egg against Houston at home. Dalton only completed like half his passes, had <200 yards, and a passer rating in the 60’s.

JJ Watt was DPOY that year with 17.5 sacks, 29 TFL, 50 QB Hits. Mercilus with another 12 sacks. 

2 weeks after the Bengals they held Drew Brees to 56.8% completion, 228 yards, 0 TD/1 INT, and a 61.6 QB Rating.

They had a winning record and a playoff berth off that defense, despite having Brian Hoyer/Ryan Mallett/TJ Yates/Brandon Weeden as their starters at QB that season. 

Not really sure that's the same as losing to a truly awful Jets team.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 12:31 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: JJ Watt was DPOY that year with 17.5 sacks, 29 TFL, 50 QB Hits. Mercilus with another 12 sacks. 

2 weeks after the Bengals they held Drew Brees to 56.8% completion, 228 yards, 0 TD/1 INT, and a 61.6 QB Rating.

They had a winning record and a playoff berth off that defense, despite having Brian Hoyer/Ryan Mallett/TJ Yates/Brandon Weeden as their starters at QB that season. 

Not really sure that's the same as losing to a truly awful Jets team.

Scoring 6 points at home is scoring 6 points at home. I don’t care if you’re playing the 2000 Ravens.

Anyway, ofc it’s not the “same.” The whole premise of two Bengals teams playing each other is stupid in the first place. I merely pointed out that 2015 team had a big letdown of their own.

Yes, the Jets suck, but winning 3 straight road games (what are the stats on that stat guy?) is extremely difficult for any team, and the Jets did beat a very good Titans team. NY’s DL is no joke. And their OC called a fantastic game.

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 11:29 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Meh. That team wasn’t perfect either. Even before Andy went down. They laid an egg against Houston at home. Dalton only completed like half his passes, had <200 yards, and a passer rating in the 60’s.

The 4 "best" teams in Bengals history, since 1980 at least, all had a clunker games from mid-season on. 

1981, 5-2 Bengals lost to 1-6 Saints in game #8 (sound familiar?) After that loss, they won 5 in a row and went to the Super Bowl
1988, 6-0 Bengals lost to 2-4 Patriots in game #7. Went on to the Super Bowl.
2005, 11-3 Bengals lost to the 4-10 Bills in game #15. Finished 11-5.
2015, 8-0 Bengals lost to 3-5 Texans in game #9. Finished 12-4.

Game #8, in a 17 game season, is not going to determine how the season ends up. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
off-season - Maybe ZT is good...who could succeed with Lou as DC?
early season - Holy crap, Lou is awesome!
today - Do you think we could get Mike Zimmer to come back after the Vikings can him?
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 12:44 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The 4 "best" teams in Bengals history, since 1980 at least, all had a clunker games from mid-season on. 

1981, 5-2 Bengals lost to 1-6 Saints in game #8 (sound familiar?) After that loss, they won 5 in a row and went to the Super Bowl
1988, 6-0 Bengals lost to 2-4 Patriots in game #7. Went on to the Super Bowl.
2005, 11-3 Bengals lost to the 4-10 Bills in game #15. Finished 11-5.
2015, 8-0 Bengals lost to 3-5 Texans in game #9. Finished 12-4.

Game #8, in a 17 game season, is not going to determine how the season ends up. 

And before we start chanting "chicago, chicago, chicago", the 2-0 '81 team lost game #3 to the 0-2 Browns (another crazy similarity to this year) and the '88 team also lost to the 1-8-1 Chiefs. 

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 08:56 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: It was very reminiscent of a 2020 or 2019 thread.

So, yes.

Good times  Hilarious

(10-31-2021, 09:02 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It was beyond a shit show and it was the same turds with their verbal violent diarrhea spewing that was making it worse than being submerged in a toxic sludge of rancid feces and raw sewage. 

**** that forum. They can have it with all the whiney-ass sky is falling bullshit from the get go. I'd feel sorry for them if i didn't want them to...

Hilarious Hilarious

Honestly today was the best game experience of the season for me, outside of the outcome of course. Literally was so nice to just be sitting in a Brewery with a group of friends (some Bengal fans, some other fans) and just watching the game with none of the "3 and out" the season is over stuff or the board "NFL Experts" trying to over analysis and act like they know all. Just fans, being fans and drinking beer, eating some Grubhub delivered wings and enjoying game day again. I almost checked at the half to just see what was happening, but then thought, why ruin a great day with the usual suspects being the usual suspects. 

It is the way to go Faulk!

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 09:02 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It was beyond a shit show and it was the same turds with their verbal violent diarrhea spewing that was making it worse than being submerged in a toxic sludge of rancid feces and raw sewage. 

Come on, we can't let them just have the game day threads to themselves.  I enjoy talking to everyone in the GD threads for the most part.   I usually just get a laugh out of the "game and season over" people that start grumbling in the first quarter.  Then there are some I can't laugh at because I just feel sorry for them. 

But we need more people like you in those threads to balance everything out.  ThumbsUp

As for Jungle Noise threads this week verses last week.  I cautioned people to temper their expectations when some were already talking about playing the Bills or Titans in the playoffs after last week's win.   I certainly hope that a playoff game comes to fruition but yesterday was a display showing that the Bengals still have a lot of work to do.  

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
I can't do the Game Day threads. About as much as I can muster is to check in at halftime to see the mood. Some truly miserable people populate that thread.
Reply/Quote

Houston won their division and had the #3 defense in the league that year.
Reply/Quote
I was fuming during the game. I still am withholding judgement before going off the deep end. This is the same team that throttled the Ravens the week before. We have not lost 2 games in a row yet. If we bounce back and beat the Browns AT HOME, going into the bye, it will level out.
Reply/Quote