Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This Weeks Threads After Last Weeks Threads
I’m just gonna sit back and enjoy the shit show

You guys are great
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 11:17 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Houston won their division and had the #3 defense in the league that year.

The Texans had a great 2nd half of the season defensively, but going into the Bengals game they were ranked 22nd in points given up, 27th against the run and 20th in QB rating allowed. The also had 2 games on the road where they allowed 40+ points, and had given up 500 yards to the Dolphins 2 weeks prior. 

Their team overall was around 25th in most of the major power rankings going into the game and had been one of the worst first half teams in the NFL, yet they came into Cincy on MNF and beat an undefeated, heavily favored team. 

Those things happen in the NFL. Every week is a different animal. 
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 11:59 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: Cincy on MNF

Well there's your problem right there. Marvin in Prime Time. 'Nuff said.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 11:17 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Houston won their division and had the #3 defense in the league that year.

Great. But the Texans were 4-5 when we played them. And all I was doing was pointing out that 15 team had a big letdown after their hot start. Again, scoring 6 points at home is bad. Idc who it’s against.

But I’m sure you were making plenty of excuses for Burrow and the offense for struggling against the Bears week 2 just because they have a really good defense… :rollseyes:
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 08:37 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Super glad I skipped the GameDay thread today. Had to be a shit show.

Since I usually don't get to see the games live on TV, sometimes I'll pop into GD just to see if there's more to the story than the score.  When the Bengals weren't doing well, I dipped in to see what might be going on, and bounced back out pretty quick.  Instant thoughts to every play from that many people just hurts my brain. Like sitting in a room with 100 people and everyone has a microphone to shout their reaction to every snap.  It's just too much.  

But everyone was riding pretty high after last week, and the world seemed to be the Bengals' oyster.  To go from that high to losing to the Jets hurt a whole lotta people. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote