Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This comment on PFT made me feel better
Quote:Fellow Bengals fans need to come off the ledge:

We’re hosting a Playoff Game regardless.

We lost by 3 in OT on the road, in Denver (literally the toughest atmosphere), to another really good team, with our QB making his 2nd start against the #1 defense.

And I’m sure everyone will point to history recently, but be real with yourselves:

2011: No business being in playoffs, were major underdog against Houston.
2012: Best defense of this era, but offense still stunk and were legit underdog on road and narrowly lost.
2013: This was the choke job, plain and simple.
2014: Mohammed Sanu, Cobi Hamilton and Greg Little flanked out wide…enough said.

This year’s team is the best team overall. The Dalton injury is horrible timing but if McCarron can nearly win last night, I give him a legit good chance against a lesser defense at home with Eifert back. Who knows, maybe Dalton comes back WC round…seems unlikely but not impossible. Win 1 game as the favorite should and watch this team make a push for Super Bowl.

Get off the ledge…at least we don’t root for Cleveland.

Feel free to claim credit for this comment on PFT. I know it made me feel better
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 08:49 PM)Captain Happy Pants Wrote: Feel free to claim credit for this comment on PFT.  I know it made me feel better

Thanks for sharing that.  I feel better now too.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
All that makes me feel is how much of a tragedy it will be if we are 1 and done this year. Our D and O are better than any of those years. If we lose due to a Dalton thumb injury it will be awful.

Reply/Quote
TRUTH "We lost by 3 in OT on the road, in Denver (literally the toughest atmosphere), to another really good team, with our QB making his 2nd start against the #1 defense".

Aj-Mac did very well and made me eat crow. Was glad to do so all day.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 08:49 PM)Captain Happy Pants Wrote: Feel free to claim credit for this comment on PFT.  I know it made me feel better

Finally Good LORDY!
Reply/Quote
I absolutely do agree with that.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
Great post CHP. I feel the exact same way .
Reply/Quote
I shall take credit for it - as the double spacing and statistics usage is something I might do, although I don't remember posting it, I need rep points, so.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
That comment gives me confidence in this team...

Maybe we aren't 1 and done after all...
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
Sounds like excuses for gullible fans. Imo
Reply/Quote
I keep seeing this excuse about AJ Mac, but he really wasn't a problem yesterday. I doubt Andy would have done much better in the second half, and his first half was excellent. BTW, Denver was starting a backup too!

Unfortunately I blame the coaching first and foremost for the loss. Their inability to adapt, and unwillingness to be aggressive in the second half killed our chances.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
Thing is...the goal here isn't just winning a single playoff team. We had an elite offense and elite defense. Both ranked in the top 25% in the NFL. We had a Pro Bowl punter, good overall health and an AFC that was up for grabs.

All of that is looking bleak now...because the goal isn't just winning against a 6-seed in the playoffs. It's winning a Super Bowl, given the competition in the conference.
Reply/Quote

2015: Dalton broke his thumb. Backup qb not good enough.

These stories are getting old. Either win or shut up ( not you ).
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 09:01 PM)Whacked Wrote: TRUTH "We lost by 3 in OT on the road, in Denver (literally the toughest atmosphere), to another really good team, with our QB making his 2nd start against the #1 defense".

Aj-Mac did very well and made me eat crow. Was glad to do so all day.

I agree with you on the Denver game... I went in just hoping we had a shot to win late.. though the game started out with our offense on fire.. I felt at some point Denver's defense was too good to do that all night, my main disappointment on Monday night game was our defense just did not stop Denver enough in 2nd half... but in the end it came down to OT in Denver, I'm not jumping off a cliff with that lose .
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2015, 11:32 AM)Fresno B Wrote: 2015: Dalton broke his thumb. Backup qb not good enough.

These stories are getting old. Either win or shut up ( not you ).

Injuries probably Affect more teams as much as who you are playing and where you are playing so to ignore that to me is getting old.. does not mean we can;t win but it sure makes it tough ( ie Indy game last year)... If we have to go into our 1st playoff game with our 3rd string QB I am not going to ignore that fact.. but after watching AJ play the last two games.. I feel we can hold our own with other teams at home in the 1st round.. it would be great though for him to get Eifert back for the playoffs.
Reply/Quote

Similar things were pointed out repeatedly in here too. You didn't have to go to PFT to find posters who would tell you that....there were some right under your nose.
Reply/Quote
I'm sure I'm wrong (because I'm a big ol' dum dum) but I have this pre-loaded:

2015 - Entered playoffs with a 4-game losing streak against winning teams, were missing starting QB, only lost by 3-8 points, Bengals fans "encouraged by loss"
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2015, 12:11 PM)Beaker Wrote: Similar things were pointed out repeatedly in here too. You didn't have to go to PFT to find posters who would tell you that....there were some right under your nose.

Thank you thread police.  Sorry, it was hard to weed out all the negativity.  Do you have anything to share?  
Reply/Quote
Pretty much read the same thing on here yesterday. It was just hard to find between all the negative crap.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2015, 12:26 PM)Captain Happy Pants Wrote: Thank you thread police.  Sorry, it was hard to weed out all the negativity.  Do you have anything to share?  

That was more me letting you know that we have some great minds right here in this very good MB than being the thread police. I agree wholeheartedly about the negativity. There were plenty of people needed to be talked down off the ledge Monday night.
Reply/Quote