Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This guy needs to be a captain next year

I hope they re-sign him, and put a C on his jersey. He’s definitely one of the best leaders we have on this team.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Should definitely be panic in that locker room since neither side of the ball did **** all yesterday.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 08:21 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Should definitely be panic in that locker room since neither side of the ball did **** all yesterday.

This.

Saying "We know we can play better" is completely unless unless they can say "WHY" they didn't play better.  If you don't know "why" then you don't know shit and you should be panicking.

Just saying "We'll are fine" or "I take the blame" doesn't fix anything.  You have to change something.
Reply/Quote
Panicking solves nothing. They know what they need to do. They need to catch balls that should be caught. They need to not fumble or throw picks. They need to actually tackle and not let RB’s have astronomical YAC, etc, etc, etc.

It’s not rocket science. Like CJ said, it all comes down to execution.

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 09:14 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Panicking solves nothing. They know what they need to do. They need to catch balls that should be caught. They need to not fumble or throw picks. They need to actually tackle and not let RB’s have astronomical YAC, etc, etc, etc.

It’s not rocket science. Like CJ said, it all comes down to execution.

When one player looks bad then blame the player.

When the whole team looks bad you have to blame the coach.

"Poor tackling" can be due to defensive players not having the proper reads and being out of position to make the tackle.  "Poor coverage" can be dues to opposing offenses exploiting holes in our scheme.  "Throwing interceptions" can be due to defenses reading our tendencies and jumping routes.

If you are going to depend on players making zero mistakes and winning every single one-on-one matchup with other NFL players in order to win a game then you are not going to win many games.  We have some decent talent, but we are not going to beat teams by just overwhelming them with superior talent.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 09:29 AM)fredtoast Wrote: When one player looks bad then blame the player.

When the whole team looks bad you have to blame the coach.

"Poor tackling" can be due to defensive players not having the proper reads and being out of position to make the tackle.  "Poor coverage" can be dues to opposing offenses exploiting holes in our scheme.  "Throwing interceptions" can be due to defenses reading our tendencies and jumping routes.

If you are going to depend on players making zero mistakes and winning every single one-on-one matchup with other NFL players in order to win a game then you are not going to win many games.  We have some decent talent, but we are not going to beat teams by just overwhelming them with superior talent.

Pretty sure the coaches are not coaching players to drop catchable balls or fumble. And blaming the coaching for either of Burrow’s picks yesterday is quite a stretch. They were just straight up inaccurate throws.

But, I should have known better than to try and start a positive thread about a non-controversial player. Especially after 2 straight losses.

Resume doom and gloom!

Reply/Quote
And good luck getting Bengal fans in the stadium the rest of the way. The way they lost these past 2 weeks tells us they still aren’t worth spending money on. Smoke and mirrors
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 03:45 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
I hope they re-sign him, and put a C on his jersey. He’s definitely one of the best leaders we have on this team.

agreed 

(wish he would lose the yellow hat with black tag on it though)
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 09:39 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Pretty sure the coaches are not coaching players to drop catchable balls or fumble. And blaming the coaching for either of Burrow’s picks yesterday is quite a stretch. They were just straight up inaccurate throws.

But, I should have known better than to try and start a positive thread about a non-controversial player. Especially after 2 straight losses.

Resume doom and gloom!

Exactly! Putting the blame on coaching when they are throwing picks, dropping passes and fumbling the ball is a lazy argument.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 09:39 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Pretty sure the coaches are not coaching players to drop catchable balls or fumble. And blaming the coaching for either of Burrow’s picks yesterday is quite a stretch. They were just straight up inaccurate throws.

Resume doom and gloom!

Pretty much this. Also, CJ is a fellow Deadhead, so he gets bonus points in my book...lol.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I agree CJ should get the C next year. He is a constant, a great leader, extremely personable, and has been here to see the good and the bad.
Reply/Quote
well, the ratbirds were getting beat by the vikings, but came back and won. We on the other hand, did not.
They are clearly first, we are tied with the stains, and tonight the squeelers will join us in that mix. Sad

Uzo was never to be seen yesterday.
Reply/Quote
Uzomah is articulate and has that leadership quality that's been debated in other threads. I agree with the OP, get this man a deal and "C" for next season. He's the kind of guy you can have on the roster even if he's only in a backup role.

Regarding the other discussion in this thread, I'd hope Zac remains calm and collected for his players but within his coaching ranks has a sense of panic with realization that the coaches have to be accountable for making adjustments to get this team back on a winning streak.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 10:49 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: well, the ratbirds were getting beat by the vikings, but came back and won. We on the other hand, did not.
They are clearly first, we are tied with the stains, and tonight the squeelers will join us in that mix. Sad

Uzo was never to be seen yesterday.

As much as some people want to melt down and  Cry the season is over, how many people had this team at 2-4 wins and had Cleveland as Super Bowl contenders? 
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 10:52 AM)Sled21 Wrote: As much as some people want to melt down and  Cry the season is over, how many people had this team at 2-4 wins and had Cleveland as Super Bowl contenders? 

Yeah, season is not over, the play however (the last 2 games) is very reminiscent of Zac with Andy and company. The offense struggles to score.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 09:04 AM)fredtoast Wrote: This.

Saying "We know we can play better" is completely unless unless they can say "WHY" they didn't play better.  If you don't know "why" then you don't know shit and you should be panicking.

Just saying "We'll are fine" or "I take the blame" doesn't fix anything.  You have to change something.

It's all just coach talk. It's the exact same shit that ZT says every week.

I gotta agree with this. Words are useless. Who was that guy that said "I see better than I hear"?  
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 10:04 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: And good luck getting Bengal fans in the stadium the rest of the way. The way they lost these past 2 weeks tells us they still aren’t worth spending money on.  Smoke and mirrors

If the fan is expecting a true postseason contender, they probably shouldn't go.
But if they wanna see a potential win, it's a higher chance this year than the past two years.
There's also still a chance that the Bengals could push for a playoff spot.

The Chargers just barely beat the Eagles, who are 3-5.
The Broncos just beat the 6-2 Cowboys but have looked inconsistent this year (like the Bengals).
Raiders just lost to the 3-6 Giants.
49ers just got beaten down by a Cardinals team who didn't have Murray or Hopkins.

Bengals still have a shot to end the season with a winning record and possibly a playoff appearance.
You just can't have high confidence that they will yet.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 11:11 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I gotta agree with this. Words are useless. Who was that guy that said "I see better than I hear"?  

They need to undust Marvin's infamous shovel to re-energize them. DO YOUR JOB!
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 11:11 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: It's all just coach talk. It's the exact same shit that ZT says every week.

I gotta agree with this. Words are useless. Who was that guy that said "I see better than I hear"?  

I've never understood how people are even interested in Zac's coach talk. It's empty platitudes and mostly based on putting accountability on anything and everything except himself. He more often than not defers to player execution than commenting on his own flaws.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 11:12 AM)ochocincos Wrote: If the fan is expecting a true postseason contender, they probably shouldn't go.
But if they wanna see a potential win, it's a higher chance this year than the past two years.
There's also still a chance that the Bengals could push for a playoff spot.

The Chargers just barely beat the Eagles, who are 3-5.
The Broncos just beat the 6-2 Cowboys but have looked inconsistent this year (like the Bengals).
Raiders just lost to the 3-6 Giants.
49ers just got beaten down by a Cardinals team who didn't have Murray or Hopkins.

Bengals still have a shot to end the season with a winning record and possibly a playoff appearance.
You just can't have high confidence that they will yet.

But if fans have no confidence they will watch a competent team they have to pay for, is it worth going?

I can’t with any confidence say this team is going to win anymore games the rest of the way even if Burrow throws no more picks. Every team they see can gang 40 on this defense easily with these performances and Burrow probably can’t win a shootout every week assuming his line holds up.

I see a 5-12 team playing right now and I cant be convinced otherwise until that unit proves otherwise.
Reply/Quote