Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This guy needs to be a captain next year
(11-08-2021, 11:24 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: But if fans have no confidence they will watch a competent team they have to pay for, is it worth going?

I can’t with any confidence say this team is going to win anymore games the rest of the way even if Burrow throws no more picks. Every team they see can gang 40 on this defense easily with these performances and Burrow probably can’t win a shootout every week assuming his line holds up.

I see a 5-12 team playing right now and I cant be convinced otherwise until that unit proves otherwise.

I think that depends on the fan.
Some fans like to go to games simply for the atmosphere. They don't care about winning or losing.
Some fans like to go as long as they think there's a chance to win.
Some only care to go if they think the team is a true contender.

Maybe the Bengals have more fans that fall into the last category, but look at the Browns fans. They often sold out or a high percentage of their seats even when they knew year after year their team was going to be bad. 

I'll say this about myself.
I will continue watching games until the team is nearing elimination from playoffs.
I think we won't know that until December.
I think they've got at least 2 more wins in them, if not 3-4 more.
I don't see a double-digit win season though.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 11:24 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote:
But if fans have no confidence they will watch a competent team they have to pay for, is it worth going?

I can’t with any confidence say this team is going to win anymore games the rest of the way even if Burrow throws no more picks. Every team they see can gang 40 on this defense easily with these performances and Burrow probably can’t win a shootout every week assuming his line holds up.

I see a 5-12 team playing right now and I cant be convinced otherwise until that unit proves otherwise.

Not if you are the classic definition of a bandwagon fan... Ninja
Reply/Quote
These guys beat the Ravens and threw in the towel after that, everybody wants it handed to them or rely on somebody else to do the work.
Reply/Quote