Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is a 6-1 team
I get that last second field goals are a part of the game, but at least 2 of those losses should be wins save for some reprehensible dumb decisions. No blowouts, just stupid decisions and last second field goals. I think the highest margin of loss was 3 points. It’s rare that a team goes to the playoffs that starts out 0-2 but I think it happens.
Reply/Quote
So you’re saying Burrow shouldn't force his way out of town anymore?? :ninja:
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
0-2 start is making Burrow a better QB... as long as they make the playoffs it was worth it IMO
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2022, 11:49 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: I get that last second field goals are a part of the game, but at least 2 of those losses should be wins save for some reprehensible dumb decisions. No blowouts, just stupid decisions and last second field goals. I think the highest margin of loss was 3 points. It’s rare that a team goes to the playoffs that starts out 0-2 but I think it happens.

4 new OL starters with no preseason work was a mistake. But if they’d got hurt we’d be second guessing that.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
They were 5-4 at the bye last year. Even starting 0-2, they still have a chance to be one game better at the bye this year.
Reply/Quote
Believe they make playoffs as well but the games will be getting harder in 2nd half.

Yet the Bengals can play with anybody when they're playing well.

So it should be a fun ride again.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2022, 12:24 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Believe they make playoffs as well but the games will be getting harder in 2nd half.

Yet the Bengals can play with anybody when they're playing well.

So it should be a fun ride again.

The only mega tough games we have left are the Chiefs and the Bills. Everyone else is definitely beatable. Browns depends on how rusty Watson is.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2022, 01:32 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: The only mega tough games we have left are the Chiefs and the Bills. Everyone else is definitely beatable. Browns depends on how rusty Watson is.

It's much tougher than we've had so far.

Plus we're only 4-3  with the defense not even giving up a TD in any game in 2nd half. Should be 6-1 or 7-0 with that stat and especially factoring in the QB's the Bengals have faced, but we're not. Not to mention 2 of those opponents you're  considering beatable have already beaten us this season. 

Now like I said, believe the Bengals can play with anybody including the Bills. Believe Bengals will even make another deep run in playoffs as well which possibly ends with the hoisting of the Lombardy Trophy at its completion.  

Yet they'll have to continue getting better to achieve this goal. Still going to sweat it out personally. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2022, 02:15 AM)Go Cards Wrote: It's much tougher than we've had so far.

Plus we're only 4-3  with the defense not even giving up a TD in any game in 2nd half. Should be 6-1 or 7-0 with that stat and especially factoring in the QB's the Bengals have faced, but we're not. Not to mention 2 of those opponents you're  considering beatable have already beaten us this season. 

Now like I said, believe the Bengals can play with anybody including the Bills. Believe Bengals will even make another deep run in playoffs as well which possibly ends with the hoisting of the Lombardy Trophy at its completion.  

Yet they'll have to continue getting better to achieve this goal. Still going to sweat it out personally. 

Honestly think we should be able to hang with any team in the league and the only ones looking obviously better than us in the AFC is Buffalo and Kansas City. But KC was “better” than us last year and we went 2-0
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2022, 11:56 PM)QueenCity Wrote: 0-2 start is making Burrow a better QB... as long as they make the playoffs it was worth it IMO

This.  They had to adapt and adjust to what essentially the entire league is doing.  They haven't solved it just because they pummeled two beat up teams, but they surely have begun to hit their stride.  Burrow's vision and accuracy are back, no doubt.  It would be nice if they could get the run game more involved, especially as the weather turns.  
Reply/Quote
This team can beat every team on its schedule. Not every team in the nfl can say that.

If this team misses the play offs, we will be looking at game 1 all offseason.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2022, 11:56 PM)QueenCity Wrote: 0-2 start is making Burrow a better QB... as long as they make the playoffs it was worth it IMO

I think so too. Gut check, and now we're heading in the right direction.
Reply/Quote
Both sides of the ball are playing well. We definitely have 'play with anyone' potential.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2022, 11:57 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: 4 new OL starters with no preseason work was a mistake. But if they’d got hurt we’d be second guessing that.

They had to do something. The line was terrible last year.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2022, 09:07 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This.  They had to adapt and adjust to what essentially the entire league is doing.  They haven't solved it just because they pummeled two beat up teams, but they surely have begun to hit their stride.  Burrow's vision and accuracy are back, no doubt.  It would be nice if they could get the run game more involved, especially as the weather turns.  

Yes. It seemed like Atlanta played a lot of man against us and didn't really have the personnel for Cover 2 like say some of the other teams do.

Time will tell.

I think the board likes to think in absolutes. We beat 2 teams on offense so now we're unlocked the achievement. In reality, it's a great sign but every team is different.
Reply/Quote
When we were 0-2 and people were declaring our playoff hopes dead, I said then there were still 15 games to play. People hit the panic button too soon. The Bengals are getting better with every game, and just like last year will peak at the right time.
Reply/Quote
Perhaps you can say it every week. But I think this next week will tell a lot about our playoff chances. A browns team with an elite running game and a team that is desperate for a win. We are 0-2 in the division and need to get a divisional win.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2022, 02:15 AM)Go Cards Wrote: ...Still going to sweat it out personally. 

This is pretty much every week, as there are no "gimmies" in the NFL, anymore.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2022, 07:52 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Honestly think we should be able to hang with any team in the league and the only ones looking obviously better than us in the AFC is Buffalo and Kansas City. But KC was “better” than us last year and we went 2-0

said that as well ? 

yet it does not change the fact they've dropped 3 games and certain they were heavy favorites in two of them that caused the their margin of error to shrink. Did not evaporate but its tight, but very happy they're playing better presently. 

I believe they will do good and have stated this and know not why your trying to force me to defend the other side of the argument. 

Get it, you think the 2nd half of the schedule is easy and I think it is laced with playoff teams and will be tougher. Will have to agree to disagree and wait and see if its a cake walk or not. 

Its not worth bickering over after a much needed victory that finally got the Bengals a winning record for the first time all season. 

Got to keep this train rolling  !

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2022, 10:18 AM)Tomkat Wrote: This is pretty much every week, as there are no "gimmies" in the NFL, anymore.

Nope, it's the NF "F'ng" L

That's why we love it !

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote