Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is a legit reason why the Bengals should trade the #1 pick
It's really simple.
The Bengals last several drafts have overall been frankly porous.
Look at the most recent 1st and 2nd RD draft picks.

Williams IR
Price bust
Ross injured all 3 years at some point ( and OCs having no clue how
To.use him)
Sample bust
Bates is a starter but hardly a guy that has shown he can impact the game
Mixon Top 7 NFL RB.

When take players in the Top.64 you need serious home run
Not just mere starters.but players that can be the difference
Between losing and winning

The Bengals need to acquire has many top 64 picks as they can
Because of the recent draft failures by Tobin.
1 14 teams are that for a reason. It's just more than inconsistant
QB play.
1 14 means there are other areas that Need upgrades ASAP
in order to compete in the North.
The Bengals at the moment are 1 and 10 in the North dating back
To 2018.
Joe Burrow alone isn't going to close that gap.

Chances are Price gets cut in 2020. Ross will be in his last year in stripes. That's 1st RD picks that are considered failures.
Sample showed nothing in 2019 that says he's a long term contributor.
And as it stands the 2019 overall draft is a trainwreck. Wren did very little. Finely bust.
Only Pratt looks like a keeper
When a team relies on the draft to.compete it cannot
Afford to miss in the Top 64.

The only draft picks that are showing steady improvement of the recent drafts are 2 late Picks.....Tate...Phillips...and Hubbard and Bates,
That 2018 Draft is a complete failure in general. Walton. Out of NFL.
Brown. Flashes.

That's why it needs to trade out of #1. Because the lack
Of draft picks this team has hit on over the last 3 years
Reply/Quote
No to trading back.

If the Bengals think Burrow is a franchise quarterback you take him. If they don't take the generational pass rusher Chase Young.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
You forgot to mention Boyd as a great 2nd round pick. Between him and Mixon those are both “home runs” imo.

That said, please stop with all this trading the 1st pick nonsense. It’s not happening. Nor should it.

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2019, 01:42 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You forgot to mention Boyd as a great 2nd round pick. Between him and Mixon those are both “home runs” imo.

That said, please stop with all this trading the 1st pick nonsense. It’s not happening. Nor should it.

Can't say that it "shouldn't" without knowing the package offered. If it is pick 3 or 4 and another 1st rounder, then why shouldn't you? Get a top OL men, and plenty of QB options at the 2nd 1st rounder or even pick 33 if you go oline and LB 1st two picks. That is more improvement then any 1 guy provides 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2019, 02:26 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Can't say that it "shouldn't" without knowing the package offered. If it is pick 3 or 4 and another 1st rounder, then why shouldn't you? Get a top OL men, and plenty of QB options at the 2nd 1st rounder or even pick 33 if you go oline and LB 1st two picks. That is more improvement then any 1 guy provides

I’m not ok with coming out of this draft without Burrow or Young. The absolute ONLY trade I’d consider would have to include the #2 pick. And that’s not happening.

As to the bold? Not necessarily. Some of you seem to forget (or ignore) how poorly we draft in the 1st round recently, Price, Ross, Ogbuehi, Jonah is a ? mark. We haven’t really hit on 1st rounder since WJ3, and even he’s not been much of a difference maker.

If Burrow turns out to be as good in the NFL as he’s been in college it’s going to move the needle a hell of a lot more than a bunch of mediocre olinemen or injured WR’s, etc.

Reply/Quote
Only one way I would trade down is to get a huge hoard in return. Chicago overpaid by a 1st rounder to get Trubisky. I mean, that's the starting point...overpay me a lot.

The advantage of picking 1st is that you hold the cards. You don't have to worry about a run at certain positions or other teams trading in front of you.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2019, 12:22 AM)impactplaya Wrote: It's really simple.
The Bengals last several drafts have overall been frankly porous.
Look at the most recent 1st and 2nd RD draft picks.

Williams IR
Price bust
Ross injured all 3 years at some point ( and OCs having no clue how
To.use him)
Sample bust
Bates is a starter but hardly a guy that has shown he can impact the game
Mixon Top 7 NFL RB.

When take players in the Top.64 you need serious home run
Not just mere starters.but players that can be the difference
Between losing and winning

The Bengals need to acquire has many top 64 picks as they can
Because of the recent draft failures by Tobin.
1 14 teams are that for a reason. It's just more than inconsistant
QB play.
1 14 means there are other areas that Need upgrades ASAP
in order to compete in the North.
The Bengals at the moment are 1 and 10 in the North dating back
To 2018.
Joe Burrow alone isn't going to close that gap.

Chances are Price gets cut in 2020. Ross will be in his last year in stripes. That's 1st RD picks that are considered failures.
Sample showed nothing in 2019 that says he's a long term contributor.
And as it stands the 2019 overall draft  is a trainwreck. Wren did very little. Finely bust.
Only Pratt looks like a keeper
When a team relies on the draft to.compete it cannot
Afford to miss in the Top 64.

The only draft picks that are showing steady improvement  of the recent drafts are 2  late Picks.....Tate...Phillips...and Hubbard and Bates,
That 2018 Draft is a complete failure in general. Walton. Out of NFL.
Brown. Flashes.

That's why it needs to trade out of #1. Because the lack
Of draft picks this team has hit on over the last 3 years

You forget that Washington is getting a new HC at the end of the season.  You assume their QB situation is status quo for next season.  But what if new guy doesn't want Dwayne Haskins as the starter.  With Dan Snyder, the one thing you can count on, is that he will make even stranger decisions that Mike Brown will.  We trade places to him what is stopping him from taking Burrows and trading him for even more draft picks.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2019, 10:20 AM)pally Wrote: You forget that Washington is getting a new HC at the end of the season.  You assume their QB situation is status quo for next season.  But what if new guy doesn't want Dwayne Haskins as the starter.  With Dan Snyder, the one thing you can count on, is that he will make even stranger decisions that Mike Brown will.  We trade places to him what is stopping him from taking Burrows and trading him for even more draft picks.

They’re not moving on from Haskins.

Reply/Quote
I can't wait until April whatever so these trade the first pick threads stop.

We have a blown motor in our car so let's go get a new radio.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2019, 10:31 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I can't wait until April whatever so these trade the first pick threads stop.

We have a blown motor in our car so let's go get a new radio.

You don't have a blown motor...You have motor with some miles (Dalton) and some sloppy pistons (the OL) and worn tires (AJ Green)....Going and getting the radio for this team is Burrow, he is not going to fix the whole team.  I have relinquished that he is going to be the pick but I like to think of other options.  I do not like the one year wonder thing with him, something just does not feel right about it to me.  I hop e he becomes a HOFer but I just don't see it.
Reply/Quote
I never want the Cincinnati Bengals to be in this position again. Ever. It’s humiliating and embarrassing; being in the national media spotlight for being the worst is not a badge of honor. It’s a bruise of shame. It’s disgusting to consider the team once led by Paul Brown, Forrest Gregg, and Sam Wyche is already on the clock with one game left in the 2019 regular season.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2019, 10:45 AM)spazz70 Wrote: You don't have a blown motor...You have motor with some miles (Dalton) and some sloppy pistons (the OL) and worn tires (AJ Green)....Going and getting the radio for this team is Burrow, he is not going to fix the whole team.  I have relinquished that he is going to be the pick but I like to think of other options.  I do not like the one year wonder thing with him, something just does not feel right about it to me.  I hop e he becomes a HOFer but I just don't see it.

QB is the most important position. No way he’s the “radio” in that type of analogy. BF74 had it right. A top notch QB would be like getting a new motor or even a transmission.

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2019, 11:09 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I never want the Cincinnati Bengals to be in this position again. Ever. It’s humiliating and embarrassing; being in the national media spotlight for being the worst is not a badge of honor. It’s a bruise of shame. It’s disgusting to consider the team once led by Paul Brown, Forrest Gregg, and Sam Wyche is already on the clock with one game left in the 2019 regular season.

I don’t see it like that. Some pretty good franchises like the Chiefs have picked #1 in recent years. And they’re now one of the best teams in the league.

The Rams picked 1st a few years ago and they just played in a Super Bowl. Sometimes bottoming out is what’s needed.

Reply/Quote
It may not be as simple as you think. You spend a great deal at arguing how incompetent the Bengals are at drafting. Yet you make the argument that you should give them more draft picks.

Hence more draft picks would amplify the incompetence of the front office and management in making poor picks.

A better argument would be to limit the draft picks by the Bengals. Make the draft simple for them so that they have a better chance to succeed.

Your argument would work if Mike Brown were to retire and the Cincinnati Bengals were to hire a competent GM.

Sticking with your argument, one draft pick will not fix the Cincinnati Bengals nor will many draft picks by an incompetent front office fixed Cincinnati Bengals.

I agree that the Zach taylor draft was not great. I think maybe three players from the draft will play for the team. I would like to give Zac Taylor another draft before I become overly pessimistic. My hope is that the whirlwind from his new hire and if he has more time he'll make better draft decisions but that is if he has a voice in the draft.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
If you can get a big haul then do it if not better taking Burrow.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
If Miami is offering us all three of their first round picks for the #1 overall pick, I take it.

Otherwise, Burrow is a Bengal.
Reply/Quote
I'm against trading back but if you're going to do it you need a trade back target...

I would love to see Isaiah Simmons in stripes. Hes my number 3 guy in the draft. Burrow Young Simmons. I just got done watching him and he does EVERYTHING.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2019, 07:49 PM)Synric Wrote: I'm against trading back but if you're going to do it you need a trade back target...

I would love to see Isaiah Simmons in stripes. Hes my number 3 guy in the draft. Burrow Young Simmons. I just got done watching him and he does EVERYTHING.

To me he is the perfect fit for this team and thus would put him ahead of Young in the draft.
J24

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2019, 04:15 PM)J24 Wrote: To me he is the perfect fit for this team and thus would put him ahead of Young in the draft.

The only other LB in the draft that is close to Simmons in Height Length Speed and overall Athleticism is Troy Dye and Dye isn't half as good as Simmons at the point of attack.

...oh yea and Dylan Moses lol.

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2019, 05:02 PM)Synric Wrote: The only other LB in the draft that is close to Simmons in Height Length Speed and overall Athleticism is Troy Dye and Dye isn't half as good as Simmons at the point of attack.

...oh yea and Dylan Moses lol.
The thing about Simmons is he can play anywhere in the back 7. If we were to draft him he probably starts at SS in Lou's defense. Which is basically a LB.
J24

Reply/Quote