Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
This is a new team.
Is it just me or does it seem like Adam Jones is playing out of his mind this year. He plays with such passion and fire (maybe overboard sometimes) and it seems to be firing up the lifeless ones!
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2015, 07:55 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: Is it just me or does it seem like Adam Jones is playing out of his mind this year. He plays with such passion and fire (maybe overboard sometimes) and it seems to be firing up the lifeless ones!

Adam is on the final year of his contract I believe... and Adam plays for money haha
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2015, 07:58 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Adam is on the final year of his contract I believe... and Adam plays for money haha

True, but it is still fun to watch!  I think that he owes most of this money to other people right now!
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2015, 07:58 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Adam is on the final year of his contract I believe... and Adam plays for money haha

I am okay for that. They should all play like they have a job on the line. 

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 02:54 PM)Bengal Jells Wrote: The components to the machine we have seen thusfar hasn't changed, but this is indeed an completely new and way improved model. Everything about this team right now I am in love with.

Watching the Bengals play always would make me nervous. I felt like even though the week before we done well, we could come out and scrub it up. During games i was always waiting for the momentum swing and us falling on our faces. Things have changed. During all the games this year, i just havent had that feeling. I expect us to go out there and put together a good performance and take home the win.

A lot of that has to do with our weapons and our defense but mostly its Dalton. He looks different in the pocket and his throws, for the most part, are on point.

I've always been one to be critical of Dalton but I also always wished he would put it together. I have also always said "he can never put this team on his back and carry it to a big win."

He has done that this season. All of our guys have stepped up so far. Im finally drinking the kool-aid without wondering if it will make me a little sick.

We have a confident team and for good reason, and I believe their confidence is starting to rub off on me and others like me.

Rock On Who Dey!

I agree that the team is playing with noticeably more confidence all around, with the exception maybe of Hill, who I believe will get back on track soon. Teams are stacking up the middle deliberately. Letting Hill or Gio get lose in to the secondary would spell doom for the opposition.

While Dalton has improved significantly I wouldn't go so far as to say he's carrying the team. The team hasn't even been in a situation which would dictate the need for this.

What the team needs from Dalton is getting the offense into the right play or out of the wrong play, smart throws (not desperate ones to Green in double or triple coverage), moving through his progressions with the correct timing and ball security, and throw in the occasional run when it's open. If he just does those things he'll end up with really nice numbers and the Bengals will go a long ways.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2015, 08:33 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I agree that the team is playing with noticeably more confidence all around, with the exception maybe of Hill, who I believe will get back on track soon. Teams are stacking up the middle deliberately. Letting Hill or Gio get lose in to the secondary would spell doom for the opposition.

While Dalton has improved significantly I wouldn't go so far as to say he's carrying the team. The team hasn't even been in a situation which would dictate the need for this.

What the team needs from Dalton is getting the offense into the right play or out of the wrong play, smart throws (not desperate ones to Green in double or triple coverage), moving through his progressions with the correct timing and ball security, and throw in the occasional run when it's open. If he just does those things he'll end up with really nice numbers and the Bengals will go a long ways.

I felt like in Baltimore the pressure was on in the fourth quarter, they had the momentum. Andy throws perfect passes to get us that win. He stepped up and didnt crumble. He looks different to me.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 09:04 PM)Joe Pong Wrote: They need help at LB.

Too often, it's almost as if they may as well be playing with no LBs on the field.

There's a huge gap in the defense especially on passing plays where teams can just dump the ball of to backs and TEs and let them run for days. Good teams will exploit that all day long.

If I am going to nitpick and try to focus on one thing that needs help, it is the LB corps.

The running game will be there, and I think Dalton has proven that if you are dead set against the run that they can throw it over your head.  He must have had 10 passes that traveled over 15 yards in the air last week.

I understand he may not have all the schemes down, but I would love to see PJ Dawson in there on some of these second or third-and-long situations.  I want to see him slowly get game experience.  Once Burfict is back, if the Bengals were able to go nickel with Burfict and Dawson, I think the defense would be phenomenal. 

Use Rey M and a mixture of Hawk/Lamur in base with Burfict (and I realize it is no guarantee he will be back after 6 weeks, although I am very hopeful) and then have Dawson in at nickel.

I remember the year Lamur had to start the playoff game for his first NFL start.  I would rather help develop Dawson along the way.  I think he will develop in to a key player for this defense. 
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 09:54 PM)jason Wrote: Would have been 21-0...  I'd rather have 17-0, and the ball back in the 2nd half.  I thought that was a horrible play call.  Had they lost yesterday, people would have been griping about  that  choice, and the subsequent incompletion all week.

Agreed.  I honesty think Marv did poor math and thought 17-0 wasn't three scores.  If you are ALREADY up 17-0, then yes, go for it, because a FG only leaves you three scores up whereas a TD puts you up four scores (well, three with three 2 pt conversion, but you understand my meaning). 

I was furious at that play call and just as mad about the wasted time right before the half. 

Regardless, I hope Marv has learned from it and moved on. 
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 02:54 PM)Bengal Jells Wrote: The components to the machine we have seen thusfar hasn't changed, but this is indeed an completely new and way improved model. Everything about this team right now I am in love with.

Watching the Bengals play always would make me nervous. I felt like even though the week before we done well, we could come out and scrub it up. During games i was always waiting for the momentum swing and us falling on our faces. Things have changed. During all the games this year, i just havent had that feeling. I expect us to go out there and put together a good performance and take home the win.

A lot of that has to do with our weapons and our defense but mostly its Dalton. He looks different in the pocket and his throws, for the most part, are on point.

I've always been one to be critical of Dalton but I also always wished he would put it together. I have also always said "he can never put this team on his back and carry it to a big win."

He has done that this season. All of our guys have stepped up so far. Im finally drinking the kool-aid without wondering if it will make me a little sick.

We have a confident team and for good reason, and I believe their confidence is starting to rub off on me and others like me.

Rock On Who Dey!
you are seeing what you want to see..as the topic has been Dalton and passion (leadership) ..so now you are supposedly now seeing this..dont proclaim anything about this team until they actually show u..just a little slice of advice

I saw a rather porus defense last sunday with some terrible tackling..and of course some goofy time management by this coaching staff Cool
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2015, 09:33 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: If I am going to nitpick and try to focus on one thing that needs help, it is the LB corps.

The running game will be there, and I think Dalton has proven that if you are dead set against the run that they can throw it over your head.  He must have had 10 passes that traveled over 15 yards in the air last week.

I understand he may not have all the schemes down, but I would love to see PJ Dawson in there on some of these second or third-and-long situations.  I want to see him slowly get game experience.  Once Burfict is back, if the Bengals were able to go nickel with Burfict and Dawson, I think the defense would be phenomenal. 

Use Rey M and a mixture of Hawk/Lamur in base with Burfict (and I realize it is no guarantee he will be back after 6 weeks, although I am very hopeful) and then have Dawson in at nickel.

I remember the year Lamur had to start the playoff game for his first NFL start.  I would rather help develop Dawson along the way.  I think he will develop in to a key player for this defense. 
I agree, need to slowly bring Dawson in. This needs to be a priority. I love Vinny Rey's heart who
probably been our best Linebacker so far and Maualuga has been good tackling but Hawk definately
needs to tackle better. Why not slowly bring in Dawson as a change of pace on passing downs.

Lamur still has not improved at all from what i have seen.
Reply/Quote
This isnt a new team, they are just healthy for once.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2015, 11:49 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: This isnt a new team, they are just healthy for once.

I agree.  I also don't think Dalton is different this year.  We saw this fire from him in his rookie season.  Maybe the mechanics are better but the leadership was already there.  One might argue it is back but to deny it was ever there to start is to deny his rookie season.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2015, 12:36 PM)Penn Wrote: I agree.  I also don't think Dalton is different this year.  We saw this fire from him in his rookie season.  Maybe the mechanics are better but the leadership was already there.  One might argue it is back but to deny it was ever there to start is to deny his rookie season.

Sorry, i definately see a difference from Dalton right now from his rookie season.

I would think most would as well...
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2015, 11:49 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: This isnt a new team, they are just healthy for once.

This.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 02:54 PM)Bengal Jells Wrote: Watching the Bengals play always would make me nervous. I felt like even though the week before we done well, we could come out and scrub it up. During games i was always waiting for the momentum swing and us falling on our faces. Things have changed. During all the games this year, i just havent had that feeling. I expect us to go out there and put together a good performance and take home the win.

Hmm, I'm pretty sure a lot of us were nervous in the Ravens game at one point or another. This team is about giving heart-attacks, being a Bengals fan, that's what its' about - and it's more fun than probably watching the Patriots cream teams every game. 
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2015, 12:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sorry, i definately see a difference from Dalton right now from his rookie season.

I would think most would as well...

I agree with you.  Dalton has had some good games, but this is the first time that I've felt that he's handling the pressure better.   The injuries made the team different, but he's had multiple targets before and not gone through all his reads or made the right decisions.

I think he's a significantly improved quarterback this year.  The Baltimore game made me a believer
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2015, 08:33 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I agree that the team is playing with noticeably more confidence all around, with the exception maybe of Hill, who I believe will get back on track soon. Teams are stacking up the middle deliberately. Letting Hill or Gio get lose in to the secondary would spell doom for the opposition.

Coming from behind....twice....on the road in the 4th quarter with two TD passes isn't one of those situations? Confused

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2015, 01:59 PM)3wt Wrote: I agree with you.  Dalton has had some good games, but this is the first time that I've felt that he's handling the pressure better.   The injuries made the team different, but he's had multiple targets before and not gone through all his reads or made the right decisions.

I think he's a significantly improved quarterback this year.  The Baltimore game made me a believer

He has always been nervous in the pocket since he got here. But i saw him sitting in the pocket
till he got hit, playing with courage, having great pocket awareness and playing overall very smart
last Sunday while making pin point throws.

This was something i thought Dalton might never improve on, pocket awareness that is, some QB's
never get it.
Reply/Quote
Totally agree - I'm not nervous about this game Sunday. We should win it and we will.
It's the NFL... and any given Sunday, right? But not this week. It's a home, playing an inferior Chief's team, and a team who had a shortened week to prepare for us. We're healthy. This game will not be a close game. Great to feel that way, when in year's past I believed they could win but also had that hesitation.
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2015, 03:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: He has always been nervous in the pocket since he got here. But i saw him sitting in the pocket
till he got hit, playing with courage, having great pocket awareness and playing overall very smart
last Sunday while making pin point throws.

This was something i thought Dalton might never improve on, pocket awareness that is, some QB's
never get it.

I never thought he would.

If he keeps this up we should have a fine season.  If the rest of the team steps up we should make some noise in the playoffs too
Reply/Quote