Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oh Shit! Dunlap firing shots!
(09-15-2017, 01:46 PM)Wyche Wrote: That's a really good point b.....however, it just wouldn't hold much water if it came from say, Chris Smith.  If Geno talked, he would be the ideal spokesman for the defense.

The man doesn't speak. I know that's partly what makes him ideal. But seriously...that man does not talk.  Mellow
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Kirkpatrick was quoted as saying …"we suck" .

Will say that believe WJIII is going to be a good one and has been the recipient of a couple bad calls.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 01:48 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The man doesn't speak. I know that's partly what makes him ideal. But seriously...that man does not talk.  Mellow

The ideal player for a football coach. Belichick would probably give up his whole draft for someone like Geno. I know Jim O was happy that he got an interview out of Geno recently, but it was still just one word answers. I don't think we'll ever hear from Geno once he retires.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 01:51 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: The ideal player for a football coach. Belichick would probably give up his whole draft for someone like Geno. I know Jim O was happy that he got an interview out of Geno recently, but it was still just one word answers. I don't think we'll ever hear from Geno once he retires.

Yeah he's been very intentional about keeping a low profile. Can't say I blame him. Just means he's humble and has his priorities straight. Success hasn't gone to his head. What a perfect player in every way.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Have to go to work but will add that Whitworth was more important than just his blocking.

The offense lined up a few feet in front of me for their final drive down 4 points.

They just stood there somber with nobody taking the leadership role by breathing fire and brimstone to hold players accountable, or at least pumping each other up, or even giving instructions.

Have never seen this before when the game is within reach at such a point of the game.

Leaders do not grow on trees nor do solid LT's.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 01:51 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: The ideal player for a football coach. Belichick would probably give up his whole draft for someone like Geno. I know Jim O was happy that he got an interview out of Geno recently, but it was still just one word answers. I don't think we'll ever hear from Geno once he retires.

Geno's  one sack was vicious !

Yet enjoyed watching him run down Watson from behind even more. 

Just do not see DT's run down a mobile QB like Watson often. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 10:39 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Oh boy! Will we see a mutiny here?? Wouldn't it be glorious if the team pulled a Varsity Blues and flat out refused to play for these sorry ass coaches?

Our QB did that a few years ago and a vast majority of people on the mothership called him a quitter  Mellow
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 10:39 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Oh boy! Will we see a mutiny here?? Wouldn't it be glorious if the team pulled a Varsity Blues and flat out refused to play for these sorry ass coaches?

Ummh... no
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 02:35 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Our QB did that a few years ago and a vast majority of people on the mothership called him a quitter  Mellow

Yeah, wasn't that great?  Whatever 

One guy isn't enough, sadly even the franchise QB. Now if several players approached management and demanded some changes, then we'd have something. 

Pipe dream, I know. But I'd love it
Reply/Quote

$ = no, no way, not ever
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote