Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frustrated A.J. Green says he needs ball more
Speaking after Thursday night's Week 2 loss to the Texans, A.J. Green intimated he needs the ball more.

"We are playing like sh-- right now. We got to find a way to get our playmakers the ball. That's it. It's a superstar-driven league," Green, one of the league's true superstars, said. "I feel like – no disrespect to nobody else – that ball should be mine somewhere somehow. ... I want the ball." Green has seen a combined 18 targets through two games, which is good volume, but considering how poorly this offense has played, he needs it even more. Expect the Bengals to regroup and grease the squeaky wheel come Week 3 against Green Bay.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6438/aj-green
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 01:47 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Speaking after Thursday night's Week 2 loss to the Texans, A.J. Green intimated he needs the ball more.

"We are playing like sh-- right now. We got to find a way to get our playmakers the ball. That's it. It's a superstar-driven league," Green, one of the league's true superstars, said. "I feel like – no disrespect to nobody else – that ball should be mine somewhere somehow. ... I want the ball." Green has seen a combined 18 targets through two games, which is good volume, but considering how poorly this offense has played, he needs it even more. Expect the Bengals to regroup and grease the squeaky wheel come Week 3 against Green Bay.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6438/aj-green

This is how winners think. This is how competitors talk. This is how a real man who wants to carry an offense on his shoulders leads and motivates others.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Its called the ML/Dalton playoff scheme. Avoid throwing the ball to AJ at all cost.
Reply/Quote
Houston's top 2 corners were both out in the second half. Pretty sure AJ was targeted MAYBE twice. F you Zampieceofshit.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 02:37 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Houston's top 2 corners were both out in the second half. Pretty sure AJ was targeted MAYBE twice. F you Zampieceofshit.

Who get the blame for not targeting AJ in the postseason? 
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 02:42 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Who get the blame for not targeting AJ in the postseason? 

William Gay and Ike Taylor.
Reply/Quote
When your softspoken star says something like this, it's time to listen and respond accordingly.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Great players of any sport want the ball. And in football it is up the coach and quarterback to do so. But the Bengals are idiots so there ya go.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 02:54 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: William Gay and Ike Taylor.

They play for the chargers? Who woulda thunk. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 03:20 PM)Fresno B Wrote: They play for the chargers? Who woulda thunk. Ninja

Excellent point. I'm still fixated on the most recent playoff debacle.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 03:20 PM)Fresno B Wrote: They play for the chargers? Who woulda thunk. Ninja

They got AJ the ball against the Chargers, he dropped it.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 03:22 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Excellent point.  I'm still fixated on the most recent playoff debacle.

How many playoff targets has AJ had each game? Pretty much all the same with the same result...a loss.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 03:22 PM)Wyche Wrote: They got AJ the ball against the Chargers, he dropped it.

And then  we depended on Dalton. How that work? 
Reply/Quote
I really appreciate AJ BUT too many times I've seen him give up on a long ball that he could have possibly caught (last night there was one) or not contest an over thrown ball to prevent an interception. He also disappears quite frequently against the better cornerbacks in the league. Sometimes its hard for people to look in the mirror.
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:7

Reply/Quote
I got some super deja vu from this. Remember back when brat wouldnt throw to Chad except on 3rd And long and Chad finally came out screaming Throw me the ball!!!... then the offense started clicking after....
Reply/Quote