Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
This is hilarious "Get Up"
Don't let the title dissuade you, Stephen A isn't even in it. This is hilarious, and the shot at Mayfield had me spitting coffee.....

Reply/Quote
Are they not the 2nd best team?
Reply/Quote
This was pretty damn cool.  Nice to have a guy like Burrow who just sucks up all the media coverage without blinking an eye.  The media blitz on the Super Bowl this next week is going to be crazy.  It always is.  Sometimes it has an effect on a team that is not used to it.  Burrow will just roll with it and deflect attention from the rest of the team.
Reply/Quote
link ain't working on my end.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Just one small point about the claim that Burrow has never lost a game he "had to win"?

Why did he not "have to" win any games last year?

Can a QB who never had a winning season claim that he "never lost a game he had to win"?
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2022, 01:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Just one small point about the claim that Burrow has never lost a game he "had to win"?

Can a QB who never had a winning season claim that he "never lost a game he had to win"?

I think everybody is giving him a mulligan for last year due to the injury and him being a rookie, but also they were never really in the playoff discussion last year, so there weren't any "must win" games in that sense.  
Reply/Quote
I don’t see a link in the OP. Anyway I can find what you’re all talking about?
Reply/Quote
"Baker Mayfield is already the 4th best QB in Ohio, behind a couple of High Schoolers"...... Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2022, 12:57 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Don't let the title dissuade you, Stephen A isn't even in it. This is hilarious, and the shot at Mayfield had me spitting coffee.....

I saw this last night.   Watched it like 5 times!    Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2022, 02:00 PM)Sled21 Wrote: "Baker Mayfield is already the 4th best QB in Ohio, behind a couple of High Schoolers"...... Hilarious  Hilarious  Hilarious

Pretty hilarious and an obvious exaggeration.  But for sure Mayfield is no better than third.  Think Cleveland wouldn't take C.J. Stroud over their current guy?
Reply/Quote
Now Bart Scott likes Joe?

I love his racist "Cheddar Bob" comment too.

What a ***** loser. Pass.

Also, I take offense at them saying Cincinnati is on the same level as Detroit. Cincinnati has been more successful than like 50% of the league over the past two decades. Trash narrative.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
We've certainly done enough to win offensively. We are in the Superbowl and I don't want to seem like I'm hating and I'm certainly not. But the Defense is the reason we are in the Superbowl. I'm trying to remember if Burrow has had a game since he's been here when we had to win a shootout. I know we've scored a bunch of pts in some games and had big comebacks. Just not touchdown for touchdown situations. I'm just a little concerned about the offense heading into the big game. The only thing that I can really point my finger at is I think Burrow has been a little of on his deep throw in the playoffs. I know it was a point of emphasis this offseason and he more than showed that focus paid off during the regular season. The deep shots I'm thinking of mainly involve Tee and he always has a guy with him but he has a clear height advantage and I believe would go up and either make the catch, incomplete or PI. Maybe he's not wanting to force anything or put the ball at risk. Wondering if anyone else has noticed this?
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2022, 02:45 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Now Bart Scott likes Joe?

I love his racist "Cheddar Bob" comment too.

What a ***** loser. Pass.

Also, I take offense at them saying Cincinnati is on the same level as Detroit. Cincinnati has been more successful than like 50% of the league over the past two decades. Trash narrative.

Agreed on both points. Bart Scott? F that dude and the dude calling Cincy Detroit. I don't even live there and it was offensive.

I love Ted Nugent, Kid Rock and the American Dream that Detroit rocks but if we are talking Lions and Bengals.

There is no comparison. 

Loved what Burrow said cause it is my opinion too and should be everyone's opinion including Chiefs players like Matthieu.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2022, 03:13 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: We've certainly done enough to win offensively. We are in the Superbowl and I don't want to seem like I'm hating and I'm certainly not. But the Defense is the reason we are in the Superbowl. I'm trying to remember if Burrow has had a game since he's been here when we had to win a shootout. I know we've scored a bunch of pts in some games and had big comebacks. Just not touchdown for touchdown situations. I'm just a little concerned about the offense heading into the big game. The only thing that I can really point my finger at is I think Burrow has been a little of on his deep throw in the playoffs. I know it was a point of emphasis this offseason and he more than showed that focus paid off during the regular season. The deep shots I'm thinking of mainly involve Tee and he always has a guy with him but he has a clear height advantage and I believe would go up and either make the catch, incomplete or PI. Maybe he's not wanting to force anything or put the ball at risk. Wondering if anyone else has noticed this?

Well the first time we played the Chiefs in January Burrow won a shootout with Mahomes even if the D helped.

Agreed though, the Defense is the main reason we are in the Superbowl. You know why Burrow isn't scoring tons of TD's?

The O-line is terrible and we have been playing great DL's all postseason and we are still winning cause Burrow doesn't turn the 
ball over like every other QB would be doing. This is what makes him special, he can win ugly and that is all that matters. Sure 
would be nice to see some decent blocking for him against the Rams so we could explode on Offense but with the Rams DL going
against our OL hard to see that happening. Think we will have to win ugly again with our Defense and I am actually expecting so.

Not betting against this team even with our poor OL against their great DL, that is how good our D, Burrow and Shooter have 
been playing.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2022, 03:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well the first time we played the Chiefs in January Burrow won a shootout with Mahomes even if the D helped.

Agreed though, the Defense is the main reason we are in the Superbowl. You know why Burrow isn't scoring tons of TD's?

The O-line is terrible and we have been playing great DL's all postseason and we are still winning cause Burrow doesn't turn the 
ball over like every other QB would be doing. This is what makes him special, he can win ugly and that is all that matters. Sure 
would be nice to see some decent blocking for him against the Rams so we could explode on Offense but with the Rams DL going
against our OL hard to see that happening. Think we will have to win ugly again with our Defense and I am actually expecting so.

Not betting against this team even with our poor OL against their great DL, that is how good our D, Burrow and Shooter have 
been playing.

I know the Oline has struggled but even against the Titans getting sacked 9 times he had a chance for a TD to Higgins but missed him. I'm not hating on Burrow and have complete faith in him and he is 100 percent the reason we have a bright future. The Rams just scare me. Aaron Donald with one game to get a ring is gonna be getting after it and thats on top of everyone else they have. Also I saw where Ramsey has been good on intermediate routes but not nearly as good on deep routes and that might be the plays we are gonna need to be hitting on. 

Also since I'm venting all of my concerns. The defense has played really well but we got Carr at home which helps. I think the Titans had a bad gameplan offensively trying to have Henry carry the load 1st game back instead of Foreman. Then with the Chiefs Mahommes has shown he can struggle if you can find an effective new wrinkle at him. Which is exactly what we did. Now I don't mean to take anything away from our defense and they certainly deserve a ton of credit. But Cooper Kupp is the best WR in football without question. The Rams are going to score pts. Even if we get lucky and Stafford has a couple bad throws that we can turn into turnovers. I think this game is gonna have to be a game we score touchdowns and may turn into a shootout. In short I'm nervous. But hoping for the best.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2022, 03:46 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I know the Oline has struggled but even against the Titans getting sacked 9 times he had a chance for a TD to Higgins but missed him. I'm not hating on Burrow and have complete faith in him and he is 100 percent the reason we have a bright future. The Rams just scare me. Aaron Donald with one game to get a ring is gonna be getting after it and thats on top of everyone else they have. Also I saw where Ramsey has been good on intermediate routes but not nearly as good on deep routes and that might be the plays we are gonna need to be hitting on. 

Also since I'm venting all of my concerns. The defense has played really well but we got Carr at home which helps. I think the Titans had a bad gameplan offensively trying to have Henry carry the load 1st game back instead of Foreman. Then with the Chiefs Mahommes has shown he can struggle if you can find an effective new wrinkle at him. Which is exactly what we did. Now I don't mean to take anything away from our defense and they certainly deserve a ton of credit. But Cooper Kupp is the best WR in football without question. The Rams are going to score pts. Even if we get lucky and Stafford has a couple bad throws that we can turn into turnovers. I think this game is gonna have to be a game we score touchdowns and may turn into a shootout. In short I'm nervous. But hoping for the best.

All good points and I understand the concerns completely. There is a reason the Rams are in the Superbowl, they are damn 
good and might be the best team in the NFL. There is a reason we are there too, we will see who wants it more. The team 
that executes better, causes turnovers and doesn't make the most mistakes is probably the team that wins. I like our chances
in this department, Kupp will get his, dude is great, AD will get his, dude is great. Heck Vonn Miller, Ramsey and OBJ might 
get their's as well.

We still have Burrow, Chase, Hendrickson, Reader, Higgins, Boyd, Hubbard, BJ Hill, Logan Wilson, Bates, Bell, Chido, Hilton...

Both teams are formidable. We will see who wants it more.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2022, 03:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: All good points and I understand the concerns completely. There is a reason the Rams are in the Superbowl, they are damn 
good and might be the best team in the NFL. There is a reason we are there too, we will see who wants it more. The team 
that executes better, causes turnovers and doesn't make the most mistakes is probably the team that wins. I like our chances
in this department, Kupp will get his, dude is great, AD will get his, dude is great. Heck Vonn Miller, Ramsey and OBJ might 
get their's as well.

We still have Burrow, Chase, Hendrickson, Reader, Higgins, Boyd, Hubbard, BJ Hill, Logan Wilson, Bates, Bell, Chido, Hilton...

Both teams are formidable. We will see who wants it more.

Good points. I just need to settle down and enjoy the ride. Its funny the last 2 playoff games after we beat the Raiders I was carefree win or lose and just glad we got the monkey off our back. But now we are in the Superbowl I'm nervous and really want to finish this thing off. One thing about this team that I love is it's not over until it's over and they keep fighting.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2022, 01:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Just one small point about the claim that Burrow has never lost a game he "had to win"?

Bowl games/Playoffs. Bowl game in 2018, SEC Championship, CFP X 2 in 2019 and NFL Playoffs X 3 in 2021.

They've been saying he's 5/6/7-0 in those type of "playoff" and actual playoff games for the last few weeks.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2022, 04:07 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Good points. I just need to settle down and enjoy the ride. Its funny the last 2 playoff games after we beat the Raiders I was carefree win or lose and just glad we got the monkey off our back. But now we are in the Superbowl I'm nervous and really want to finish this thing off. One thing about this team that I love is it's not over until it's over and they keep fighting.

True about after the Raiders game the rest was icing. But yeah, now that we are here, sure want to finish it off with a Lombardi. Rock On

(02-04-2022, 04:37 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Bowl games/Playoffs. Bowl game in 2018, SEC Championship, CFP X 2 in 2019 and NFL Playoffs X 3 in 2021.

They've been saying he's 5/6/7-0 in those type of "playoff" and actual playoff games for the last few weeks.

Those wins don't matter to Fred. Remember all those times we made the Playoffs and lost. That was success to Fred. Mellow
Reply/Quote