Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is how the Bengals win a Super Bowl...
Id take Luck any day over Dalton. But we would have to upgrade the o-line first and foremost to protect him better considering he has a bit of the injury bug as of late. And Luck would have to take a pay cut as well. It wont happen. Plus I wouldnt give up two first round picks for him for sure. Straight up trade though, sure.

Also probably wouldnt get much for Dalton in a trade before the deadline. Maybe a team like the Jets or 49rs would give up a first rounder for him though.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Get a good Oline, everything else will fall into place. I don't care what it takes, get that oline shored up.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2017, 12:06 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Fire Marvin at the end of the year or before the year is over. I don't care.

Fire Ken Zampese at the end of the year or before the year is over. I dont care.

Fire Paul Alexander at the end of the year or before the year is over. I dont care.

Find competent coaches to replace them.

Trade Andy Dalton for a package of draft picks and competent offensive lineman at the end of the year or before the year is over. I dont care.

Trade for Andrew Luck in the off season. There are rumors that he wants out. Offer the Colts 2 or 3 first round picks for him. I dont care. Just get him.

Completely rebuild the offensive line in the off season much like the Vikings did this year. Rebuild it through the draft, free agency, Dalton's trade pickups, whatever it takes. Hell, spend the first 5 picks of the draft next year drafting prospects.

If this all happens then the Bengals will be a Super Bowl winning team. The path is there. Good ownership and a good front office could get it done.

I like it.

I'm a little iffy on the Andrew Luck thing though. I've bashed him pretty good because i think, mentally, he's Carson Palmer 2.0 when it comes to the playoffs. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2017, 05:06 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Luck has been the victim of being on a REALLY bad team the past 3 years of his career. He has had one of the worst offensive lines in the league and has no weapons to work with. 

That's overblown hoohaa from media types *coughcowherdcough* (and others) that don't want to be wrong about how UTTERLY GREAT Luck is going to be--due to the massive amount of saliva they've created from slurping his nutz since he was drafted. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2017, 12:06 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Fire Marvin at the end of the year or before the year is over. I don't care.

Fire Ken Zampese at the end of the year or before the year is over. I dont care.

Fire Paul Alexander at the end of the year or before the year is over. I dont care.

Trade Andy Dalton for a package of draft picks and competent offensive lineman at the end of the year or before the year is over. I dont care.

Trade for Andrew Luck in the off season. There are rumors that he wants out. Offer the Colts 2 or 3 first round picks for him. I dont care. Just get him.

Completely rebuild the offensive line in the off season much like the Vikings did this year. Rebuild it through the draft, free agency, Dalton's trade pickups, whatever it takes. Hell, spend the first 5 picks of the draft next year drafting prospects.

If this all happens then the Bengals will be a Super Bowl winning team. The path is there. Good ownership and a good front office could get it done.

Sadly Mike Brown rarely fires coaches (unless they are great like Sam Wyche).  Andrew Luck is injured a lot.  I'm not sure he's the answer.  I think Dalton with a decent line would be just fine.
Reply/Quote
The thing is if this team turns it all around and goes on to win the SB all this is for nought.
All the talk about how the league is rigged towards big market teams no amount of trading, firing and hiring and drafts would add up to a hill of beans if it's true that the league is a fixed league. If that's true we're permanently screwed no matter what we do. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote

I agree with the firings, Marvin Lewis would make a excellent GM, I love the young players brought in. I would welcome Luck for Dalton and a 1st round pick easily (ignore the hypocrites). However, we can win the Superbowl with Dalton as long as he has a Offensive coordinator who will challenge him ala Hue Jackson. Marvin cannot coach a lick, at this point he is doing more harm than good (He punted down 20 with 9 min left, dumb super dumb). Give Jim Harbaugh the keys, 8 million a year and we will win it all.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2017, 04:59 PM)JumboTron Wrote: If you enjoy watching your QB stand on the sideline in a hat, T-shirt and shorts while wearing an ear-peace, then yeah, Andrew Luck would make sense I guess.

You can't make the club if you're sitting in the tub!  No thanks to Andrew Luck over Dalton.  Our back up would have to win 5 or 6 games just to get us to the playoffs.

I've seen enough out of AD to know he can get the job done if you put a decent line in front of him.  Treating the symptoms never kills the disease.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2017, 07:21 AM)bengaltruth Wrote: I agree with the firings, Marvin Lewis would make a excellent GM, I love the young players brought in. I would welcome Luck for Dalton and a 1st round pick easily (ignore the hypocrites). However, we can win the Superbowl with Dalton as long as he has a Offensive coordinator who will challenge him ala Hue Jackson. Marvin cannot coach a lick, at this point he is doing more harm than good (He punted down 20 with 9 min left, dumb super dumb). Give Jim Harbaugh the keys, 8 million a year and we will win it all.

You know, I used to think that, but I have my misgivings now. He is way too content with retaining mediocre starters whose only merit is that they are a known quantity. We saw it with Robert Geathers, we see it with Michael Johnson, we saw it with Leon Hall when he was struggling after surgeries, Cedric Benson and Benjarvus Green-Ellis both overstayed their productivity as starters.

He also just doesn't seem like a very good gauge of talent. I mean, this is the guy who called Darqueze Dennard the "best rookie corner I have ever seen" four years ago and he just made his 5th start last week and got beat for a TD. He kept a roster spot for years for people like Ryan Whalen and Margus Hunt.

I just don't see it. His acceptance of mediocrity is unacceptable in a GM. I want a GM who is only aiming for Championships, not "some good things, and some things we need to work on". That kind of attitude would permeate the entire organization like it already has with him as a HC. Need to burn, bleach, and powerwash that mediocre stench from the organization entirely, or it'll never truly stop stinking up the teams.

Once Mike Brown is gone, this team could use a good scorched earth/clean slate with all of their people from top-to-bottom. Just a 100% fresh start. It's likely not going to happen, though.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2017, 07:21 AM)bengaltruth Wrote: I would welcome Luck for Dalton and a 1st round pick easily (ignore the hypocrites). However, we can win the Superbowl with Dalton 

What? Seriously, what? We can win the Super Bowl with Dalton yet you still want to trade him AND a first for someone who has yet to prove they can win the Super Bowl?

And you have the nerve to call other people hypocrites? 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2017, 12:25 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Take over the FAA and orchestrate the other 31 team planes to simultaneously collide in one giant fireball. The season this year would be cancelled, but eventually they'd have to start back up, and the Bengals would have the only team anywhere close to NFL talent level. Win about 2-3 SBs in a row until all the other teams catch back up in the personnel department.

- - - - - - - - - -

Also, seriously? Andrew Luck? The guy has a losing record outside of the AFC South, and is constantly injured these days. His career is also statistically inferior to Andy Dalton's thus far, and that's not even accounting for his current shoulder injury that's keeping him out until at least October.

He also has cap hits of $24.4m in '18, $27.525m in '19, $28.4m in '20, and $21m in '21. Trading for him, let alone for 2-3 first round picks would be a silly idea.

Side Note: He had a 36.4% completion, 126 yards (3.8 AVG), 0 TD/2 INT, 23.0 QB Rating game in the postseason against the Patriots. The only playoff game where he's looked really good was against the Bengals, where even TJ Yates and Mark Sanchez look good. He has a 9 TD/12 INT in his postseason career. The Bengals game is the only postseason game where he hasn't thrown an INT (1 TD/0 INT). He has multiple INT in 4 of his 6 postseason games, or 4 of his 5 non-Bengal games.

- - - - - - - - - - -

You also forgot the biggest problem with every single one of those moves on your list. Mike Brown.
I'd just be happy if the squeelers team bus fell in the Ohio river on the way in from the Airport.  Hate those obnoxious morons and the dumb ass fans!
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2017, 09:11 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: You know, I used to think that, but I have my misgivings now. He is way too content with retaining mediocre starters whose only merit is that they are a known quantity. We saw it with Robert Geathers, we see it with Michael Johnson, we saw it with Leon Hall when he was struggling after surgeries, Cedric Benson and Benjarvus Green-Ellis both overstayed their productivity as starters.

He also just doesn't seem like a very good gauge of talent. I mean, this is the guy who called Darqueze Dennard the "best rookie corner I have ever seen" four years ago and he just made his 5th start last week and got beat for a TD. He kept a roster spot for years for people like Ryan Whalen and Margus Hunt.

I just don't see it. His acceptance of mediocrity is unacceptable in a GM. I want a GM who is only aiming for Championships, not "some good things, and some things we need to work on". That kind of attitude would permeate the entire organization like it already has with him as a HC. Need to burn, bleach, and powerwash that mediocre stench from the organization entirely, or it'll never truly stop stinking up the teams.

Once Mike Brown is gone, this team could use a good scorched earth/clean slate with all of their people from top-to-bottom. Just a 100% fresh start. It's likely not going to happen, though.

I used to think that too.  He's done a lot for this team over the years, but he's done a lot of bad.  My biggest fear would be that he would be a very controlling GM.

We don't want him to be in control.   We need a major change.  It won't happen with him anywhere in the picture.
Reply/Quote
He has gotten better.  Last year we could not save a time out till the end of the half or game.  This year we been saving them.  

Offence looked lost tonight.  Green and andy had a hard time connecting.   Two passes to Green and it looked like he was blocking the defender?  Might have seen it wrong  Drowning my sorrows in liquid refreshment.  But if them two cant get on the same page Houston, we might have a problem.

Over due

That cost money!  The Brown family has to eat!!  

Sounds good to me.  A few years too late.  He telegraphs passes, his progression is AJ, AJ, AJ, O crap.  Folds under pressure. 

Good luck with this.  I would think he would want to go to a team that can protect him and a owner that wants a superbowl.

Marv and crew had a feeling last year that our O line sucked.  So to improve it, they let the on 2 good linemen we had go. Looked for no one in free agency.  Did not coach up the remaining O line.  So I am sure this line will be better next year with no changes.

Who-Dey.  Now its on to kick Packers Butts.   :andy:

Cant wait until next year with Zampese as Head Coach.  Going to be a wild ride.

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2017, 12:12 PM)PhilHos Wrote: 2 problems.

1) Finding competent coaches is hard for GOOD teams with GOOD GMs to do.
2) Andrew Luck? You want to get rid of a QB in Dalton with a career 88.3 QB rating and get one with a career QB rating of 87.3 (that's not counting this year's games)? Why? AND spend multiple first round picks? What the hell are you smoking?

Here's the deal. I'm 59 years old. I've been a Bengals fan since the beginning and I'm a football fan in general I've been here for the highs and the lows. What I see on the field right now is the most pathetic version of the Bengals...ever. They have no soul. Marvin Lewis is a terrible coach. Probably the worst coach that kept his job for a long time ever. Surely no one supports this loser anymore. Dalton use to be average but behind this pathetic OLine he looks as bad as any qb I can remember. Let's face it. This team is terrible. It kills me to say it but it's true. Marvin is too stupid to realize he is being flushed down a toilet. He has absolutely nothing to lose by benching this pathetic ginger but he hangs by him. I, after 47 years, can't take it anymore. I so respect all you folks who keep paying their hard earned money to go out and watch this crap. No chance I would do this. I think what hurts me the most is watching the two idiots Marvin and Dalton go out after each game and show absolutely no passion about losing and the bullcrap product they're putting on the field. Just once I'd love to hear one of these "leaders" stand up in an interview and say this team is a piece of crap. At least Id know they care.
Reply/Quote