Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is me eating crow.
I like my crow well done over an open fire.  Feel free to join me---

I was wrong as hell about Randy Bullock.  He turned in a good season.  Other than possibly the Titans game, he was never a reason we lost.

I thought John Ross would be a weapon as soon as he hit the field.

I thought losing Peko would be no big deal.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
With guys like Peko its the intangibles. You could find a faster, stronger, younger player, but he will most likely lack that leadership thing that Peko has. That dude is calm, cool and collected. I miss him, even if his play was lacking off due to age. His time is about up tho. He's getting old for the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 09:36 PM)McC Wrote: I like my crow well done over an open fire.  Feel free to join me---

I was wrong as hell about Randy Bullock.  He turned in a good season.  Other than possibly the Titans game, he was never a reason we lost.

Ross still could be, he hasn’t seen the field yet lol I had high hopes for his rookie season too

I thought this team would make the playoffs, even after the slow start. I thought the young guys would grow and the team would mesh and go on a late season run to the playoffs peaking at the right time to finally get us that elusive playoff W.... what a fool I am

I also thought Zampese would improve in his second season running the O  Mellow
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 09:36 PM)McC Wrote: I like my crow well done over an open fire.  Feel free to join me---

GB game.
Reply/Quote
I defended Bullock from word go, and I feel pretty good about it. He turned in a great season. People were waiting for him to miss a few or miss a big kick, and it just never happened. I don't think some will ever accept the guy though, which is unfortunate. Good on you to admit he's a good kicker.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Bullock? That dude sucks. Should have stuck with the rookie, he had a great season with his new team. Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

In the first 8/9 games, yes.

By the end of the year, we were stopping the run up the middle, Billings was doing well, Glasgow, all of them.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
No eating crow here except I thought they'd go 10-6
Reply/Quote
The only crow I will eat was that I thought Zampese would be better in year 2....but that was probably just me trying to be optimistic. Assbag.

Oh, and my prediction of Bengals vs. Saints in the Super Bowl might still come half (the wrong half) true.
Reply/Quote
Will have a plate of crow too on Bullock, still say we wasted a draft pick though if he was going to be our kicker.

Was pissed we even drafted Ross per greater needs. But did think he would be a good and possibly great WR for Bengals immediately.

Not eating anything on Peko though and have always had his back. Knew he would be missed. Always got a bad rap from fans that are in love with stats.

So give me 2/3rds of a plate.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I thought we would sneak into the playoffs. Crow, yum....
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
Peko's time was up here, and he wouldn't have turned in the same season here that he did for Denver.

He finally got to go and play in a 3-4 defense and be a NT, like he probably should have been.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 10:19 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I defended Bullock from word go, and I feel pretty good about it. He turned in a great season. People were waiting for him to miss a few or miss a big kick, and it just never happened. I don't think some will ever accept the guy though, which is unfortunate. Good on you to admit he's a good kicker.

Same here. And even if he tanked this season, the FO still made the right decision by giving the spot to the person who decisively won the preseason battle. 
Reply/Quote
Bengals fans shouldn't have to eat crow regardless. Generally staying a fan of this team is punishment enough you're excused from having to perform this action.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 09:36 PM)McC Wrote: I thought losing Peko would be no big deal.

Peko is the real one eating crow.

"Theyre thinking about winning a playoff game, were thinking about winning the super bowl"

hows 5-11 taste idiot?

my favorite win this season was against those chumps, because of peko.
Reply/Quote
Im not sold on Bullock. He wasnt challenged this year.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I always liked Peko. I didn't really care on the kicker, but we wasted a draft pick; plus Elliot may be better long term. I convinced myself Ross was an awesome pick because we picked him, but that remains to be seen. That, and apparently Marvin doesn't like him for some reason. You coached Chad and TO, dammit you can coach Ross, it's what you get paid for,dude. Ending record was slightly better than I thought, but STILL; I would just as soon lost those last two and be picking around #5 in every round...that's a huge difference folks! Let's hope nobody eats crow on our new coaches, and this all works out. Mellow
Reply/Quote

I admit, a part of me would still rather have Elliot if only because of his big leg, but I recognize that's like wanting Mallet over Dalton because of his strong arm.

But, I am okay with Bullock for the time being. If he continues to kick like he did this past season, I'll be content. I reserve the right to turn on him any time he misses a kick, however, since I wanted Elliot from the beginning.  Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I'm not really sure why you need to eat crow because of Peko. Our defense wouldn't have been any better with him here. The problem was our LBs, not the line.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 12:39 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: The only crow I will eat was that I thought Zampese would be better in year 2....but that was probably just me trying to be optimistic.  Assbag.  

Oh, and my prediction of Bengals vs. Saints in the Super Bowl might still come half (the wrong half) true.

had that same hope....

If it makes you feel better about peko its not like the Denver Defense got better this year with him
Reply/Quote