Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
This is the best Bengals team (on paper) in a while
With all the free agency additions and the draft that the team had this is seriously a stacked team. I’m honestly excited and expecting 11-12 wins
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2020, 08:57 PM)Trademark Wrote: With all the free agency additions and the draft that the team had this is seriously a stacked team. I’m honestly excited and expecting 11-12 wins

without seeing them play a single game? pre season? you just give them a playoff pass?. I certainly hope you're correct!

Reply/Quote
2 wins to 12 in one offseason would certainly be something...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
People really need to realize this team should of been way better than 2-14 last year.

1. If we were healthy.
2. Bengals didn't play Finley for a few games
3. Hell we were in on 6 or some games within 1 score with a deflated somewhat unmotivated squad

Now what did we do in the off season

1. Free agents revamp the run defense
2. Joe Burrow
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
I’m gonna go back to Dalton’s rookie season which was a success getting to the playoffs at 9-7. I would consider the same for Burrow and Co to be a good turnaround from last year. I don’t think they will be as successful as some might think due to the fact almost half the likely starters on game day are new. I think there is the potential for a lot of mistakes especially on D given the new faces and extremely young LB core.
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2020, 09:36 PM)QueenCity Wrote: People really need to realize this team should of been way better than 2-14 last year.

1. If we were healthy.
2. Bengals didn't play Finley for a few games
3. Hell we were in on 6 or some games within 1 score with a deflated somewhat unmotivated squad

Now what did we do in the off season

1. Free agents revamp the run defense
2. Joe Burrow

Dalton was not beating Pittsburgh or Baltimore last season anyway, so that’s maybe one more win. The Ravens hung almost 50 on us, and Dalton hasn’t beaten the Steelers since Obama was in office.

Reply/Quote
Yes to all the above. This year may or may not be awesome. However, I do know it’s going to be fun to watch. I know game 1 I may have to double dose the heart medicine. It will be crazy watching Burrow run out on the field in his debut. Plus, if we have no fans in the stands, it will probably remove some pressure off the young man and the rest of the rookies.

Reply/Quote
I think their floor is 6 wins and their ceiling is 9.

I'm not so quick to point out the 2011 success story because despite all his faults, Marvin was a solid, proven coach. Jury is still out on this coaching staff.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2020, 09:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Dalton was not beating Pittsburgh or Baltimore last season anyway, so that’s maybe one more win. The Ravens hung almost 50 on us, and Dalton hasn’t beaten the Steelers since Obama was in office.

Dalton is not the QB.. New Era... I agree Baltimore will be tough but I can see winning going 3-3 in the Division next year..
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2020, 09:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Dalton was not beating Pittsburgh or Baltimore last season anyway, so that’s maybe one more win. The Ravens hung almost 50 on us, and Dalton hasn’t beaten the Steelers since Obama was in office.

Is your schtick just to constantly bring up Dalton and bash him? It sure looks like he owns some real estate in your cranium
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2020, 10:14 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Is your schtick just to constantly bring up Dalton and bash him? It sure looks like he owns some real estate in your cranium

Umm...no, I didn’t bring him up, I merely disagreed that we should have won more games had we not started Finley last year. This is a message board, people post something, and then other’s respond to it. That’s how it works.

Now go take another hit off the tank, Frank! Tongue

Reply/Quote
(05-04-2020, 10:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca/ Wrote: Now go take another hit off the tank, Frank! Tongue

Reply/Quote
I'll wait to predict a winning season till they actually play a pre season game and we see if Burrow translates to the NFL.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(05-04-2020, 09:20 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: 2 wins to 12 in one offseason would certainly be something...

WhoDey2 You're right, it would!

Not impossible though. Kenny Anderson's Super Bowl team went from 4-12 to 12-4 and an AFC Championship... 
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
I'll still be happy with 6, but I am starting to expect around 8 wins. Honestly though this might be the year where the team with the most continuity ends up doing well as opposed to teams with a lot of changes. Assuming the offseason is shorter or altered in some way.
Reply/Quote
Best on paper since 2015, certainly.

Also a lot of new faces, rookies, a green coaching staff, a shaky offensive line, a tough division, and some of our better players getting old.

I see 5-5 out of division but 1-5 or 2-4 inside. +/- 1 game on each for margin of error yields a 4 win floor. 9 win ceiling. I'dbe more surprised with 4-5 wins than 9.
Reply/Quote
Well I guess it doesn’t hurt To be overly optimistic sometimes. But if nothing else it’s going to be really interesting to watch this team this season especially with the new quarterback. I do like the direction They are going with this team though. But it’s going to take a while to put everything together.
Reply/Quote
I think we get 8-10 wins this season, the biggest difference is the improved signings on the Defence.
Reply/Quote
Get another starting tackle and I will be more confident
Reply/Quote
People should stop expecting these huge winning totals.

We won 2 games last year for a reason. There will still be issues and injuries to overcome and if we lose 2 wrs that room looks pretty terrible with what our UDFAs did last year.

Hope our OL isn’t just as bad either.

8 wins max. That makes us competitive in almost every game. I’ll take that
Reply/Quote