Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is the best coaching staff in the NFL
The Bengals had the hardest schedule in the NFL after the bye. They are 9-0 with 2 playoff wins. Anybody doubting Taylor and his staff need to camp out at the FC Cincinnati board. Because they don’t know football. Does it mean they are perfect? Heck no but they proved themselves
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 11:42 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Dude, the plan all along was to tank and flip the roster. ZT and the Bengals knew they were going to suck for a couple years. They literally benched Dalton (on his birthday) so they would lose games. 

I was down on ZT the first couple of years too, but the man has grown into the role. You can't question his leadership. 

The one piece I still questioned going into the year was his offensive scheme, play calling, play design, etc. Since the first few weeks, I have no more questions. The offense has evolved into a well oiled sustainable machine. I am seeing play designs and schemes I've never seen before. The explosive plays are no longer needed to put up points. 

Joe Burrow himself has called ZT the "best coach in the NFL". I am not sure what else you are looking for.  

If Burrow says he's the best coach in the NFL, then I believe he's the best coach in the NFL.  I expect Burrow to say stuff like that, but as I've pointed out before ZT is probably here for Burrow's entire career plus 5-10 years, so he may as well be the best HC in the NFL.

With that being said, if ZT is really the best HC then I expect them to win Brady/Bellichick numbers of championships.  I was on board with Burrow winning 4 of them, but if ZT is the best HC too, then I want 6+ and hopefully 8+ SB wins.  Burrow isn't as young as I'd like, but the guy does everything right and he's on schedule to win SB #1 in 3 weeks, so I want that and more.

He is the WheelBurrow no more, Burrow is a cog in an exceptional machine that is about to start mass producing Lombardis.  How does that sit with you? 

EDIT - And if at any point Burrow goes down, god forbid, I want ZT and company to put together a Brock Purdy style run towards the title with Brandon Allen, or Jake Browning. 

I'm on board...now reward my faith and 36 years of fandom handsomely.

(01-23-2023, 11:55 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: The Bengals had the hardest schedule in the NFL after the bye. They are 9-0 with 2 playoff wins. Anybody doubting Taylor and his staff need to camp out at the FC Cincinnati board. Because they don’t know football. Does it mean they are perfect? Heck no but they proved themselves

This team is a few weeks and one play last year away from winning 2 SBs in Burrow's first 2 full years as a starter.  I think perfection is a lot closer than you think.

I think Burrow is the perfect QB and I was a right dumbass, but I'll admit that Burrow thinks ZT is the perfect coach for him, so screw it, we're are close to perfect as one can expect at this moment.  I'm in.  Hell, I convinced myself that Marvin Lewis and Jake Driskell could put something interesting on tape, not sure why I even bothered resisting the ZT/Burrow connection.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 12:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If Burrow says he's the best coach in the NFL, then I believe he's the best coach in the NFL.  I expect Burrow to say stuff like that, but as I've pointed out before ZT is probably here for Burrow's entire career plus 5-10 years, so he may as well be the best HC in the NFL.

With that being said, if ZT is really the best HC then I expect them to win Brady/Bellichick numbers of championships.  I was on board with Burrow winning 4 of them, but if ZT is the best HC too, then I want 6+ and hopefully 8+ SB wins.  Burrow isn't as young as I'd like, but the guy does everything right and he's on schedule to win SB #1 in 3 weeks, so I want that and more.

He is the WheelBurrow no more, Burrow is a cog in an exceptional machine that is about to start mass producing Lombardis.  How does that sit with you? 

EDIT - And if at any point Burrow goes down, god forbid, I want ZT and company to put together a Brock Purdy style run towards the title with Brandon Allen, or Jake Browning. 

I'm on board...now reward my faith and 36 years of fandom handsomely.

This team is a few weeks and one play last year away from winning 2 SBs in Burrow's first 2 full years as a starter.  I think perfection is a lot closer than you think.

I think Burrow is the perfect QB and I was a right dumbass, but I'll admit that Burrow thinks ZT is the perfect coach for him, so screw it, we're are close to perfect as one can expect at this moment.  I'm in.  Hell, I convinced myself that Marvin Lewis and Jake Driskell could put something interesting on tape, not sure why I even bothered resisting the ZT/Burrow connection.

Zac Taylor is not anywhere close to the best HC in the NFL. Not nearly enough skins on the wall. But he’s pretty good for his youth and inexperience. Building a championship team box checked. Sustaining a top team YTBD.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Idk about "best staff in the NFL", at this point in time, but if they manage to get over that Championship hump, the whispers will grow louder.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 11:40 PM)Nately120 Wrote: ...we'll never know if Paul could have made it without him

I think Paul Simon did alright, on his own...

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 02:46 PM)Tomkat Wrote: I think Paul Simon did alright, on his own...

That's like watching ZT attempting to win the SB with Burrow's replacement.  You're thinking waaaay too far ahead here.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 02:32 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Zac Taylor is not anywhere close to the best HC in the NFL. Not nearly enough skins on the wall. But he’s pretty good for his youth and inexperience. Building a championship team box checked. Sustaining a top team YTBD.

Well, as Bengals fans we are going to say 2019 was a tank year and 2020 was a waste because Burrow got injured.  Grading on a curve ZT has had 2 years to actually have a shot at the SB and he was 1 play away from winning it all in 2021, and he could damn well win it in 2022.  What other HC active now or ever would have that kind of success?
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 09:25 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: ZT, Lou, Callahan, etc.

They are all damn fine coaches. Watching the Bengals offense today vs. the Bills was just a mster class.

This offense has grown so much in two years. What they are doing is sustainable. I looked across the field and saw what the Bills were running and it was like going back in time to what we were doing last year and the start of this season.

Huge props to all the coaches. I seriously think this staff is arguably the best in the entire NFL.

They are right there with the 49ers, Eagles and Chiefs no doubt.

We will see who is the best here in about 3 weeks. I love how great this staff is, I just love how our players feed off of the coaching.

That shows great coaching along with discipline and the next man up philosophy that didn't seem to exist here for decades.

Congrats on Zac, Lou and the rest of the coaching staff, but there is so much more that needs to be done. These are the toughest teams
in the NFL coming up just like we want it, and it will be the biggest test of all. Props to Frank Pollack on getting Carman and the other back
ups in Scharping and Adeniji up to Playoff speed so quickly.
Reply/Quote
Glass eaters!

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote