Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is the first year since Iv been a fan that i won’t be penciling in ANY losses
Usually there are a few teams that we know we’ll lose to.

This is the first year where i feel every game will be winnable. This is a testament to Burrow, the coaches, and the roster. Idc if we start off Chiefs, Rams, Ravens, and Buffalo back to back. I feel like we can win against any roster. With the schedule looking harder than this year we will need to eliminate the Bears, Jets type losses to make playoffs. We got lucky last year by clinching the division. The Steelers will have a good QB likely and Baker will be healthy. It’s gonna be hard work

2022 Season
HOME
Atlanta Falcons
Baltimore Ravens
Buffalo Bills
Carolina Panthers
Cleveland Browns
Kansas City Chiefs
Miami Dolphins
Pittsburgh Steelers
AWAY
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Browns
Dallas Cowboys
New England Patriots
New Orleans Saints
New York Jets
Pittsburgh Steelers
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Tennessee Titans
-Housh
Reply/Quote
It really depends on the offensive line.

That said, I could see us going 14-3 or 13-4.

I think our floor is 11-6.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2022, 10:24 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It really depends on the offensive line.

That said, I could see us going 14-3 or 13-4.

I think our floor is 11-6.

I don't see Burrow lasting the season if we don't fix the oline. So our floor could theoretically be 3 -14 or 4 -13 even with modest improvements we are a .500 team. We had the perfect storm to get the superbowl this year. Logic says we wont get that lucky 2 years in a row. We overhaul the line and keep our core defensively we could be talking 2006 Pats type of dominant.
Reply/Quote
It will depend on what we do this offseason (cpt. obvious I know). Burrow didn't get us to the SB. Keep that in the back of your head. Team effort.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2022, 08:05 AM)Bengalpool Wrote: It will depend on what we do this offseason (cpt. obvious I know). Burrow didn't get us to the SB. Keep that in the back of your head. Team effort.

But Brandon Allen can sure as hell keep us away from a SB. Lol

I agree with Pistons and 4life a bit of each on this one. As long as Burrow can be kept upright and healthy then 13-14 wins is very plausible. Maybe 12-13 if they get into another situation like 2021 where Week 18 doesn't matter and they bench all their starters. If they let Burrow get hurt though, the floor can be a pretty ugly season.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
11-6, barely edge out Ravens for 1st place. Wildcard loss.

Reply/Quote
(03-05-2022, 08:40 AM)jeremydc Wrote: 11-6, barely edge out Ravens for 1st place. Wildcard loss.

These aren't your father's Bengals.

They are a young up and coming team and will contend for Super Bowls for the next decade and beyond. 

13-4 with a Lombardi Trophy
Reply/Quote
A hangover from last season's success is a very real possibility. Especially considering just how healthy the Bengals were last season.

NFC South is arguably the worst division in Football. The Buc's Tom Brady era is over. The Falcon's inability to let go of their veterans has them in cap space hell with little flexibility with an overall trash roster. Saints without Sean Payton will have some pains for the foreseeable future. The Panthers have a QB question but their overall roster is surprisingly okayish. Could be a trap game. I'm going to say 3-1 here.

Cowboys have had our number for a while now. They're still a mismatch for us because they still have better players in the trenches. First glance says that's an L.

No division game is a gimmie. Ravens were hit especially hard with injuries. Even if the Bengals went balls to the wall with O-line, the Browns D-line will still be a sweat and Baker seems to experience a Carrer revival against us. On paper the Steelers shouldn't be an issue, but with a solid defense and some decent offensive pieces they're not as far off as people are saying. What if they bet on someone like Desmond Ridder and get more out of him than what people expect? I'll play it safe here and say we go 4-2 in the division.

Rest of AFC schedule is a sweat. Can never rule out Mahones (L), Bellicheck (W), or the Bills (W). Titans will come hungry for revenge.

I'll say 11-6 or 10-7 with a playoff home game penciled in.
Reply/Quote
Two of the tougher teams they have (Bills Chiefs) are at home so that will help. And agree there's not any game that I see as a near certain loss, unlike years past.

But as has been said 100X in many threads much depends on if they really go all out on building Oline. If they try and put a band-aid on it again ???
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2022, 08:39 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: But Brandon Allen can sure as hell keep us away from a SB. Lol

I agree with Pistons and 4life a bit of each on this one. As long as Burrow can be kept upright and healthy then 13-14 wins is very plausible. Maybe 12-13 if they get into another situation like 2021 where Week 18 doesn't matter and they bench all their starters. If they let Burrow get hurt though, the floor can be a pretty ugly season.

My point being, it didn't matter how well Burrow played his rookie year. We got healthy, stayed healthy and made more upgrades in 2021. Burrow could do a lot more with an OL.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
At least 5 losses there.
Assuming there's any magic left.
But as said above. No o line improvement and they probably don't make Playoffs= more than likely.
Reply/Quote
I think the bigger deal is: NO opponent is penciling in a win against us.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I think we are talking about two different issues.

1. Can the Bengals beat ANY opponent they face next year? . . . YES

2. Can the Bengals beat EVERY opponent they face next year? . . . NO

If we stay healthy we will have a very good team, but we will not have a juggernaut that will go undefeated. We did not make it to the Super Bowl by steamrolling over our opponents. Instead we were able to keep the games close and make the big plays at the end to win. As we saw in the Super Bowl you can't count on making the big winning play at the end of the game every time.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2022, 05:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think the bigger deal is: NO opponent is penciling in a win against us.

Unlike many seasons past huh ?
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2022, 10:59 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: A hangover from last season's success is a very real possibility.

Those subsequent season hangovers usually happen to the team that wins the Super Bowl. Getting that close and losing ought to light a fire under them to finish the job.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2022, 09:58 PM)Housh Wrote: Usually there are a few teams that we know we’ll lose to.

This is the first year where i feel every game will be winnable. This is a testament to Burrow, the coaches, and the roster. Idc if we start off Chiefs, Rams, Ravens, and Buffalo back to back. I feel like we can win against any roster. With the schedule looking harder than this year we will need to eliminate the Bears, Jets type losses to make playoffs. We got lucky last year by clinching the division. The Steelers will have a good QB likely and Baker will be healthy. It’s gonna be hard work

2022 Season
HOME
Atlanta Falcons
Baltimore Ravens
Buffalo Bills
Carolina Panthers
Cleveland Browns
Kansas City Chiefs
Miami Dolphins
Pittsburgh Steelers
AWAY
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Browns
Dallas Cowboys
New England Patriots
New Orleans Saints
New York Jets
Pittsburgh Steelers
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Tennessee Titans

This is assuming the Bengals fill all their open starting spots adequately, but I agree that there's no "surefire" loss on the books anymore.
I do think the Bengals will lose probably 3-4 just due to the nature that typically every team does every year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2022, 10:41 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Those subsequent season hangovers usually happen to the team that wins the Super Bowl. Getting that close and losing ought to light a fire under them to finish the job.

The Bengals came within 3 points of sending the SB to OT. Another first down. They didn’t suffer any serious injuries to any key players. They got in a rhythm. The entire roster, coaching staff, front office, support staff, and the fan base were hungry. We will see if the hunger and determination is still there.

The next step is of course improving the OL and the roster from top to bottom. FA and the draft is first. They need to nail that. Next is nailing how teams will prepare for them defensively next year. They are going to take away Chase. So they have to be totally prepared in their offense to attack where that opens things. They need to improve short yardage and third downs.
Reply/Quote
I doubt anyone is thinking the Bengals will go undefeated. The nice thing is... the Bengals are no longer doormats and will be a threat to win every game they play. THAT is about the best you can hope for with ANY sports team.
Reply/Quote
With 17 game season the "division champion" schedule got tougher.

Used to be that only 2 games were determined by where you finished in the standings. Now it is 3.

Bengals will play the champions of 5 of the other 7 divisions.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2022, 12:46 PM)Tomkat Wrote:  the Bengals are no longer doormats and will be a threat to win every game they play. THAT is about the best you can hope for with ANY sports team.

This.
Reply/Quote