Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is what I'm going to do with Mike B's money.
Since Mike B only knows money, I thought I might just post what I'm going to do with the $6750 I'm going to save by not getting season tickets again this year. Since I have dropped my ST's 5yrs ago, I have saved over $40,500 (estimated) from tickets, alcohol purchases, etc. And that doesn't include the often drunken trips to the pro-shop to invest more ridiculous money into the team souvenirs and apparel. So, with the savings this year, I have already invested it in a new floor for our home. Looks beautiful Mikey. A hellova lot better in my house than yours. In addition, the other 33k over the last five years prior has sported me funds for building a mancave (yes Bengal gear, so I still gave something) New furniture, new bedroom, new washer/dryer, house maintenance, etc.

So I wonder, what will the rest of you do with your savings from ST's let go, or planning on letting go if he continues to run this team like crap? I think next year I will invest a really sweet down payment on a new car for the wife unless she pisses me off too. If she does, I'm going to Craiglist and getting her a Pinto! HEHE!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
More alcohol to help cope with what I believe will be another disappointing season.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2017, 10:34 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: More alcohol to help cope with what I believe will be another disappointing season.

Same here brother. ThumbsUp

But we still don't know if Whitworth will be back or the others so it is a bit premature. I am usually a homer but i
just cannot believe after last year EVEN THIS FO did not fire Paul frickin' Alexander and show players like Whit and
Zeit that we are trying to go for the Lombardi. We already know they spit in all of us fan's faces.

Atleast give the players like Dalton, Green and everyone else a reason to believe.

To Harley Dog, damn you made the right call brother. Cannot believe you guys spend that much dough.

That is a lot of beer i could of bought and put in my cold room. Cool
Reply/Quote
Not a season ticket holder but wouldn't buy one anyway! If MB looked at an empty stadium every Sunday, do you think he would get the message?
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2017, 11:43 PM)junglefever67 Wrote: Not a season ticket holder but wouldn't buy one anyway! If MB looked at an empty stadium every Sunday, do you think he would get the message?
It'll never be empty, never more than half empty, really, but even if it was, Mike still gets paid.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I have no idea how they keep their season ticket holder base.

This season is going to be a disaster regardless of whether they keep Whit and Z.
Reply/Quote
Being that I usually only go to a couple games a year (none for a while now), I will most likely save that cash this year.  Last year we made a few extra trips to the water park, King's Island, etc.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-06-2017, 11:43 PM)junglefever67 Wrote: Not a season ticket holder but wouldn't buy one anyway! If MB looked at an empty stadium every Sunday, do you think he would get the message?

There's revenue sharing in the NFL. It doesn't matter if the stadium is empty.

That said...we could be 3-13 for a long time and people will still go to games. It might not be a sell out...but people will go.

And to think that people will stop going to games after the team missed the playoffs once in the past 6 seasons...isn't reality. This is the golden age of Bengals football.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 11:10 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: There's revenue sharing in the NFL. It doesn't matter if the stadium is empty.

That said...we could be 3-13 for a long time and people will still go to games. It might not be a sell out...but people will go.

And to think that people will stop going to games after the team missed the playoffs once in the past 6 seasons...isn't reality. This is the golden age of Bengals football.

Better not be a golden age. Golden age implies the best it ever was and will be. This better be a bronze age.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-06-2017, 10:31 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Since Mike B only knows money, I thought I might just post what I'm going to do with the $6750 I'm going to save by not getting season tickets again this year. Since I have dropped my ST's 5yrs ago, I have saved over $40,500 (estimated) from tickets, alcohol purchases, etc. And that doesn't include the often drunken trips to the pro-shop to invest more ridiculous money into the team souvenirs and apparel. So, with the savings this year, I have already invested it in a new floor for our home. Looks beautiful Mikey. A hellova lot better in my house than yours. In addition, the other 33k over the last five years prior has sported me funds for building a mancave (yes Bengal gear, so I still gave something) New furniture, new bedroom, new washer/dryer, house maintenance, etc.

So I wonder, what will the rest of you do with your savings from ST's let go, or planning on letting go if he continues to run this team like crap? I think next year I will invest a really sweet down payment on a new car for the wife unless she pisses me off too. If she does, I'm going to Craiglist and getting her a Pinto! HEHE!

We retired early with our ST savings and are now living the good life in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. The wife and I still go to a local watering hole to watch the games on Sunday but I am far less "mentally invested" than I would be if we still lived in Cincicrappy.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 02:28 PM)PV Bengal Wrote: We retired early with our ST savings and are now living the good life in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. The wife and I still go to a local watering hole to watch the games on Sunday but I am far less "mentally invested" than I would be if we still lived in Cincicrappy.

Just curious... how much were you spending on your seats?
Reply/Quote