Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is what WE really needed......
an embarrassing season to fully clean house......Im afraid a .500 season and a playoff berth would have given us 3 more years of mediocrity...

So while this is a tough pill to swallow this truly is the medicine we need....

For any current player on the Bengals I would say your job is in jeopardy......from Andy Dalton on down.......we will have a top 8 draft pick and all cards will be on the table....

I for one am looking forward to a clean slate from Marvin and our current staff....
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
First things first....we need a complete replacement of coaches and the total attitude change in the franchise.

If the new coaches are sane, we should be spending our picks on Offensive Line - all of them if need be. And yes it includes picking a Center early.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
As much as I wanted a clean slate, Im afraid a full rebuild is going to be a long painful affair. We got lucky with marv in that he brought us out of the pit but unlucky in the fact that he wasnt good enough to get us over the hump. The next few years may make us long to be browns fans
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 07:54 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: As much as I wanted a clean slate, Im afraid a full rebuild is going to be a long painful affair. We got lucky with marv in that he brought us out of the pit but unlucky in the fact that he wasnt good enough to get us over the hump. The next few years may make us long to be browns fans

Well hopefully Cincinnati is awarded a MLS franchise through the promotion of FC Cincy. If that happens and the Bengals suck, I’ll still have football to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
SOCCER? NO THANKS!
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 08:44 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Well hopefully Cincinnati is awarded a MLS franchise through the promotion of FC Cincy. If that happens and the Bengals suck, I’ll still have football to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ugh.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
There's always the Reds..
...exciting, huh?

We need the team to move to a coveted location without a team so the league will gift us a super bowl..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
What we really need is for Paul Alexander to say he is leaving as well.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 06:20 PM)corpjet Wrote: an embarrassing season to fully clean house......Im afraid a .500 season and a playoff berth would have given us 3 more years of mediocrity...

For any current player on the Bengals I would say your job is in jeopardy......from Andy Dalton on down.......we will have a top 8 draft pick and all cards will be on the table....

I for one am looking forward to a clean slate from Marvin and our current staff....

Sorry, but if theres one thing the Brown family has proven over and over and over and over...losing in no way bothers or embarasses them. If you think that coaching decisions will be made because we had a bad season...no.
Reply/Quote
Don't re-sign Paul Alexander and hire a new coach who can bring the offensive line into the 21st century.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 08:53 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Ugh.

Not a fan of soccer I take it?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 10:27 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Not a fan of soccer I take it?

I just don't see the appeal.  I've asked people to explain it to me and nobody's gotten back to me yet.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 09:12 PM)R3stangs Wrote: Sorry, but if theres one thing the Brown family has proven over and over and over and over...losing in no way bothers or embarasses them. If you think that coaching decisions will be made because we had a bad season...no.

Agreed.  There is ample evidence that Mike Brown is immune to the shame of losing and failing on the NFL level.  After he kept himself on as the GM after that whole Aikili Smith debacle I lost any sort of hope of him making change due to a blunder of any size.
Reply/Quote
My Dad grew up a Browns fan and I rooted for them as a little kid when they won the NFL vchampionship back in the 1960s

The Browns are trying to build a competitive team.

If Mike Brown does not clean house and bring in someone like Forrest Greg  ( outside guy who knows how to win), that is the last straw in the equation about whether he wants to win a Super Bowl and at least try to do what is needed.

I will not be following the Bengals next year if there are not massive changes.

Followed this team with my heart and soul for 50 years.

the 50th year celebration could be my last as a Bengals fan.

Right now the only positive about the Bengals are the people on this board. Love every one of you.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 06:20 PM)corpjet Wrote: an embarrassing season to fully clean house......Im afraid a .500 season and a playoff berth would have given us 3 more years of mediocrity...

It will never happen.  My money says IF Lewis retires, MB will promote within.  IF he doesn't promote within, he will never allow an HC that much control to come in with his own people, and I doubt very many good HCs would take a job under Brown's conditions.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 12:11 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: It will never happen.  My money says IF Lewis retires, MB will promote within.  IF he doesn't promote within, he will never allow an HC that much control to come in with his own people, and I doubt very many good HCs would take a job under Brown's conditions.

90 percent chance you are right.
Reply/Quote
Yes, like a true fan I watched yesterday's game from beginning to end even though part of it was I was too lazy to do anything else.

It looked like a painful, vintage early 90s game. With a massive coaching change and personnel change, there could be a few more years like this or maybe even worse. These games are just not at all fun to watch. We were spoiled between 2011 and 2015.

I agree with other posters in that soccer is much more fun to play than to watch.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 12:11 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: It will never happen.  My money says IF Lewis retires, MB will promote within.  IF he doesn't promote within, he will never allow an HC that much control to come in with his own people, and I doubt very many good HCs would take a job under Brown's conditions.

Assuming the Bengals will make a move to limit changes is always the safe bet with this team.
Reply/Quote