Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is what irritates me about the Bengals
So I was just on Twitter and Baghdad Geoff and Baghdad Lap were answering Bengals Questions . So there question about Joe Schobert and if the Bengals would be interested in his services.
Baghdad Geoff " I don't know that's a lot of money"
Baghdad Lap " oh but he's earned it that's a LB that can do everything you want in a LB. There is a guy from the North from Wisconsin that is similar. The Big 10 is known for its lB play.
Baghdad Geoff " they will call but it will be a quick conversation"
Me " Dear God this organization is so bleeping stupid haven't they learned anything from last off-season."
Conclusion expect them to resign Vigil and maybe go after a Derron Lee in the off-season with a 3rd Rd pick to follow.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Hmm...what pisses me off about the Bungles...

More than this, ^^^ I assure you.

I'll have to think on this for a while, but readers' digest version = everything.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2020, 03:45 PM)J24 Wrote: So I was just on Twitter and Baghdad Geoff and Baghdad Lap were answering Bengals Questions . So there question about Joe Schobert and if the Bengals would be interested in his services.
Baghdad Lap " oh but he's earned it that's a LB that can do everything you want in a LB. There is a guy from the North from Wisconsin that is similar. The Big 10 is known for its lB play.
Me " Dear God this organization is so bleeping stupid haven't they learned anything from last off-season."
Conclusion expect them to resign Vigil and maybe go after a Derron Lee in the off-season with a 3rd Rd pick to follow.

well depends on whos there in 2nd.... But I imagine we grab an OL that slides.
Reply/Quote
Any really good outside FA:

Mike Brown - "Anyone know this guy?"

Coaches - "Yea, he's been a really good player in the league."

Mike Brown - "I mean does anyone KNOW this guy? Like actually been on a team with him?"

Coaches - "Oh. In that case, no. But his skill set and production we think could still help us out."

Mike Brown - "So no one actually really knows him? In that case, let's just keep our own guys that we know. We can take the risk on someone less expensive instead."
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Settling for 2-14 and the reason for it eh Hobspin? Our LB'ers were the main reason we were one of the worst Defenses
in the league last year. We could spend top money on an O-lineman and Shobert and still have plenty of money to work with
re-signing our own guys as long as we trade Dalton and don't tag AJ and let Glenn's salary go.

Don't understand the "that's a lot of money" talk. Newsflash we will have a lot of money to spend *******.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2020, 03:45 PM)J24 Wrote: So I was just on Twitter and Baghdad Geoff and Baghdad Lap were answering Bengals Questions . So there question about Joe Schobert and if the Bengals would be interested in his services.

Mike has little pressure on himself this offseason, since Drafting Joe Burrow will likely automatically give his 2020 Draft an A- to B+ grade from Geoff & Lap and some others no matter what else he does in the Draft.

Post Draft euphoria will set in on Fans once again (even more so this year if Burrow is Drafted) which will help fans forget the likely no bold moves in Free Agency.

Mike is in the Cat Bird Seat and with the number one overall pick in each round he will be even more Draft focused this year than Free Agency focused.
Reply/Quote

So you're really letting a podcast among a couple of hacks really get to you?
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2020, 04:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Settling for 2-14 and the reason for it eh Hobspin? Our LB'ers were the main reason we were one of the worst Defenses
in the league last year. We could spend top money on an O-lineman and Shobert and still have plenty of money to work with
re-signing our own guys as long as we trade Dalton and don't tag AJ and let Glenn's salary go.

Don't understand the "that's a lot of money" talk. Newsflash we will have a lot of money to spend *******.

You gotta understand Hobby. He's had the same $8 haircut all his life and the same clothes, I'm willing to bet, for the last 10 years. So he fits the Bengals model employee. Cheap
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2020, 04:53 PM)depthchart Wrote: Mike has little pressure on himself this offseason, since Drafting Joe Burrow will likely automatically give his 2020 Draft an A- to B+ grade from Geoff & Lap and some others no matter what else he does in the Draft.

Post Draft euphoria will set in on Fans once again (even more so this year if Burrow is Drafted) which will help fans forget the likely no bold moves in Free Agency.

Mike is in the Cat Bird Seat and with the number one overall pick in each round he will be even more Draft focused this year than Free Agency focused.

Absolutely, he can use Burrow to sell tickets and it is already working.

The hype on this board alone, people predicting 9 wins cause of Burrow and comparing him to Montana.... then around week 9 when we have 1 or 2 wins it'll be time to say if only we had this FA or that FA or this injured player back. 

Mike isn't dumb, he actually knows how to make $$$, and that is the only goal. Wins are a nice thing to fall into...but not his priority.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2020, 05:18 PM)sandwedge Wrote: You gotta understand Hobby. He's had the same $8 haircut all his life and the same clothes, I'm willing to bet, for the last 10 years. So he fits the Bengals model employee. Cheap

He is a strange bird. Mellow

(01-24-2020, 05:20 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Absolutely, he can use Burrow to sell tickets and it is already working.

The hype on this board alone, people predicting 9 wins cause of Burrow and comparing him to Montana.... then around week 9 when we have 1 or 2 wins it'll be time to say if only we had this FA or that FA or this injured player back. 

Mike isn't dumb, he actually knows how to make $$$, and that is the only goal. Wins are a nice thing to fall into...but not his priority.

Well thanks for telling us all what we already know Murdock.

It was Joel Klatt that compared Burrow to Montana BTW. I just agreed with it with how cool in the pocket Burrow is and they 
both could run unlike Brady or Peyton. We need to do more than just Draft Burrow though and everyone knows it and we will
have lots of money to spend. It is stupid to say things like Hobspin just did. We have a lot of money, spend it on a Shobert 
and a Thuney and the fans will be ecstatic.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2020, 05:20 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Absolutely, he can use Burrow to sell tickets and it is already working.

Plus the way the Roster seems depleted to Fans before some of the Bengals own players come back, then token Free Agents get added and then the Draft.

Take 2019 for example:

Fans fear Dennard may leave then he is signed to return. (same with Eifert, Uzomah, Hopkins in 2019) - fans feel better

Hart signed to stay in 2019 & he was at least better than Cedric so fans can partly understand it though say paid too much

Preston Brown brought in (fans feeling better)

John Miller and John Jerry signed for line depth (fans feel a little better)

B. W. Webb is signed so corner depth seems better to fans

Then they DRAFT:  Jonah Williams, Drew Sample, Germaine Pratt, Michael Jordan, Trayveon Williams etc

Post Draft the Roster appears to have been built back up from the Pre-Free Agency depletion look it had & Fans envision Holes being filled by the Draft picks etc.

The moves seem logical to Fans who buy back in and this year the buying back in will be on Steroids with a Joe Burrow pick... :heart:

Reply/Quote
Here's the question I keep asking myself:  On the current Bengals' roster, which players would be able to start for either the Kansas City Chiefs or the San Francisco 49ers? 

I'm coming up blank.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2020, 05:42 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Here's the question I keep asking myself:  On the current Bengals' roster, which players would be able to start for either the Kansas City Chiefs or the San Francisco 49ers? 

I'm coming up blank.

Tyler Boyd and Geno Atkins. Mixon would get carries for both teams as well. Dunlap and Hubbard would be in a rotation on the D-lines somewhere. That's it, those 5 guys...well and of course a healthy Green starts anywhere.

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2020, 05:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: He is a strange bird. Mellow

Well thanks for telling us all what we already know Murdock.

It was Joel Klatt that compared Burrow to Montana BTW. I just agreed with it with how cool in the pocket Burrow is and they 
both could run unlike Brady or Peyton. We need to do more than just Draft Burrow though and everyone knows it and we will
have lots of money to spend. It is stupid to say things like Hobspin just did. We have a lot of money, spend it on a Shobert 
and a Thuney and the fans will be ecstatic.

I hate being a downer, I've just lost my faith in all this.

For years I've been on board with draft this guy and sign this guy and the team will turn the corner, and honestly I think I'm just tired of investing energy into hope anymore. I was raised a fan of this team, went to their old training camps as a kid at Wilmington College and remember seeing an old Paul Brown just demand respect from his team. And now, now it's just a money making business and a national punch line. 

I want to believe Burrow will be good and the team will invest in Free Agency, but 30 years have shown me that Burrow will be average at best with his potential held back by a bad roster or bad coaches or get hurt or be a huge bust while Tua or Herbert or both win a Super Bowl. 

I guess, I'm just at the point where until they show me that things have changed, I have no reason to invest anything into this team. Hell, makes me wonder why I'm even typing this as I do it.

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2020, 05:55 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I hate being a downer, I've just lost my faith in all this.

For years I've been on board with draft this guy and sign this guy and the team will turn the corner, and honestly I think I'm just tired of investing energy into hope anymore. I was raised a fan of this team, went to their old training camps as a kid at Wilmington College and remember seeing an old Paul Brown just demand respect from his team. And now, now it's just a money making business and a national punch line. 

I want to believe Burrow will be good and the team will invest in Free Agency, but 30 years have shown me that Burrow will be average at best with his potential held back by a bad roster or bad coaches or get hurt or be a huge bust while Tua or Herbert or both win a Super Bowl. 

I guess, I'm just at the point where until they show me that things have changed, I have no reason to invest anything into this team. Hell, makes me wonder why I'm even typing this as I do it.

Understandable, I haven't lost all hope yet, but I can see why some have.
Reply/Quote
Somehow, the Reds, who live in a league with no salary cap and teams willing to spend almost twice they are able to, is more competitive in free agency than the Bengals, who live in a league with both a salary cap AND a a required minimum.

It makes no sense to me at all.

Dalton is almost certainly coming off the books, so you have AT LEAST 17 million to spend in free agency, Geoff.

How about we start there and build this team, eh?
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2020, 07:50 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Somehow, the Reds, who live in a league with no salary cap and teams willing to spend almost twice they are able to, is more competitive in free agency than the Bengals, who live in a league with both a salary cap AND a a required minimum.

It makes no sense to me at all.

Dalton is almost certainly coming off the books, so you have AT LEAST 17 million to spend in free agency, Geoff.

How about we start there and build this team, eh?

Not tagging Green is an extra 18 mil, letting go of Glenn and Kirkpatrick's salary is I don't know how much...
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2020, 05:55 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I hate being a downer, I've just lost my faith in all this.

"I see better than I hear" 
(or read)
With you 100%
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
Oh c'mon.. You guys make it sound like the bengals have ever done anything to piss off fans or something.. Shocked After all, haven't they said they appreciate their fans? isn't that enough? Hilarious
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2020, 05:18 PM)sandwedge Wrote: You gotta understand Hobby. He's had the same $8 haircut all his life and the same clothes, I'm willing to bet, for the last 10 years. So he fits the Bengals model employee. Cheap

He gets his hair cut at Haircuts by Attrition™ where they just wait for it to fall out and stop growing..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote