Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is when the Bengals usually crumble ...
This is when the Bengals usually crumble .....

Says Steve Tasker.  More analysis from the mid 2000's passed off as in depth analytics.  

Analyst Truths:  Baltimore has a great defense (23rd in yds, 27th in points, 2015).  Flacco is good... Andy is not (AD has a career higher rating, higher ypp, higher completion %, yrds per season, more yds per rush, more rush yards, rushing td's and fewer fumbles).  Dalton chokes ... (the same completion % and higher rating than Flacco in +/-7 4th quarter stats).  Cincinnati is soft/finesse (average top 10 defense since 2011).

If I could keep the sound from the game...players calls, crowd noise, whistle, pads... and turn the talking heads off it would be awesome.
Reply/Quote
if you can prove he does no research this easily why get mad about his uneducated opinion
Reply/Quote
True.... I guess it is the laziness of the matter.  But, you are right.
Reply/Quote
Tasker was his usual awful self yesterday.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 03:28 PM)FloridaBengal Wrote: This is when the Bengals usually crumble .....

Says Steve Tasker.  More analysis from the mid 2000's passed off as in depth analytics.  

Analyst Truths:  Baltimore has a great defense (23rd in yds, 27th in points, 2015).  Flacco is good... Andy is not (AD has a career higher rating, higher ypp, higher completion %, yrds per season, more yds per rush, more rush yards, rushing td's and fewer fumbles).  Dalton chokes ... (the same completion % and higher rating than Flacco in +/-7 4th quarter stats).  Cincinnati is soft/finesse (average top 10 defense since 2011).

If I could keep the sound from the game...players calls, crowd noise, whistle, pads... and turn the talking heads off it would be awesome.

He. Was. Terrible.  I seldom yell at announcers.....he got yelled at on that 80 yard bomb.  I kept asking "Does Dalton want that throw back now you stupid sumbitch?"  He SUCKS.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 04:59 PM)Wyche Wrote: He. Was. Terrible.  I seldom yell at announcers.....he got yelled at on that 80 yard bomb.  I kept asking "Does Dalton want that throw back now you stupid sumbitch?"  He SUCKS.

Did he say that?

I was too busy cussing for joy...  People across the street, and 2 doors down heard me.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
He made a comment around halftime/during halftime, words to the effect of "The Bengals wouldn't have even scored if it weren't for all of the ravens penalties".

What a dumb@$$ !
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 03:28 PM)FloridaBengal Wrote: This is when the Bengals usually crumble .....

Right, I'm tired of lazy announcers
Shop my store for Awesome Bengal-Style and Various Graphic T-Shirts!
http://www.cincyfanatics.com
Reply/Quote
Most replies here are bitter and mean and only shows that you can't criticize the Bengals or else your called the names above. Pathetic.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 08:09 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Most replies here are bitter and mean and only shows that you can't criticize the Bengals or else your called the names above. Pathetic.

Or, it could mean that some of the true fans are tired of the mindless babble from questionable analysts..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Those tv announcers sound awful.  Thank God when the Bengals play there's always

[Image: google-radio.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 08:20 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Or, it could mean that some of the true fans are tired of the mindless babble from questionable analysts..

Exactly !

Unbiased, honest, accurate, criticism I have no problem with.

Like you say, biased, uneducated, mindless babble based on past narratives drives me nuts. Throw in open cheerleading for the other team and it's BS announcing.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 03:28 PM)FloridaBengal Wrote: If I could keep the sound from the game...players calls, crowd noise, whistle, pads... and turn the talking heads off it would be awesome.

513-621-8383... Call that number and they'll hook you up with some commentary-free football.  ThumbsUp

(09-28-2015, 08:39 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Those tv announcers sound awful.  Thank God when the Bengals play there's always

[Image: google-radio.jpg]

That's what I'm stuck with down here most of the time. Streaming radio on my Laph-top (get it?) and listening to it cut out for a second every time something exciting happens.  :snark:
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 08:09 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Most replies here are bitter and mean and only shows that you can't criticize the Bengals or else your called the names above. Pathetic.

Pathetic is a passive aggressive shot at someone or everyone or no one, whichever it was.  

And you're so way off when you say most.  That isn't even close to true.  Most replies are about football, unlike the bitter and mean reply you posted about bitter and mean replies.  I guess that irony sailed right over your head.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 07:41 PM)jason Wrote: Did he say that?

I was too busy cussing for joy...  People across the street, and 2 doors down heard me.

No.....he was all over Andy on every incompletion.  The throw that comes to mind is the one up the seam to Sanu that the DB batted away.

Reply/Quote

No, these ****ers get paid a substantial amount of money to be up to date in their analysis.  This isn't 2013. The Ravens didn't even make the playoffs last season.

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 09:10 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Exactly !

Unbiased, honest, accurate, criticism I have no problem with.

Like you say, biased, uneducated, mindless babble based on past narratives drives me nuts. Throw in open cheerleading for the other team and it's BS announcing.

Yes, I was actually very impressed with Dan Fouts last week, and this was against his former team.  He was up to date, accurate on his assessments.....both positive and negative.....and showed no bias either way.  I think he called a great game.

Reply/Quote
I quit worrying about what announcers say during games. If they get annoying which they usually do they make this really nifty device on the remote control called the mute button. It's a truly marvelous invention that rivals the advent of sliced bread. I'll usually just listen to Lapham anyway, but on the rare occasion that the game is actually on TV here that space age marvel comes in handy.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 08:53 AM)Wyche Wrote: Yes, I was actually very impressed with Dan Fouts last week, and this was against his former team.  He was up to date, accurate on his assessments.....both positive and negative.....and showed no bias either way.  I think he called a great game.

He really did.  Even pointed out some bad calls that went against the Bengals.  I was pleasantly shocked.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I say keep it up. Keep trying to run down our team.  They are no good anyways.  AD sucks.  AJ sucks even more.  And our defense is like a sieve, they couldn't stop running water.  That wounded duck Andy threw is just one of his normal throws.  How he's even an NFL QB is beyond me.  AJ is lazy and takes plays off if he's not the main target. He's a DIVA!  Our RB's cannot hold onto the ball, our offensive line is full of holes.  We just plain SUCK!  It's going to be the Bengals and Bears fighting for that #1 draft pick next year.  Its just another ho-hum season for the Bungles, or as my friends like to call them, the Bung-holes. 

3-0     
Keep putting us down.

[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote