will be too big for him.
everything has to work around him in order for him
to move the chains.
he lacks swagger. hes lacks that Brett Farve Baker Mayfield
confidence.
if a QB lacks that.hes done.
I cant see him being next in line
Reply/Quote
He's practicing in camp without pads on. He should look better. Bottom line.
Reply/Quote
I'm not crazy about the pick either, but it happened. maybe he'll end up in part of a trade for someone who can actually make a difference even if the bengals don't often trade human beings.. 
On the other hand the impossible might happen and he gets magically transformed into a winner because obviously...MAGIC! 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Next thing you know Sample will not be a big receiving threat!
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2019, 01:05 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Been reading how Finley is struggling
in camp etc etc.
Rookie QBs go through growing pains blah blah
we have seen it.
heres why I dont like the selection.
vs ranked teams he melted down.
vs Clemson 156 yds
vs Texas AM 136.
to me Finely beats up on weaker competition
but wilts vs really good teams.
so far looks,like to me the game this year and next year
will be too big for him.
to move the chains.
confidence.

Everytime I see one of your posts, I'm thinking you wrote a poem. But, then I read it and it doesn't rhyme (I know they don't HAVE to rhyme) and I get angry.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
All aboard the Dolegala Hype Train.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
in camp etc etc.
we have seen it.
vs Clemson 156 yds
vs Texas AM 136.
will be too big for him.
to move the chains.
confidence.

I live just outside of Raleigh, so I get more than a healthy dose of all things NC State related.  NC State oversells their QBs, wanting to believe that each one is going to be the next Phillip Rivers, and so far the next Phillip Rivers has been no where in sight.  Finely is just another in a line of NC State QB duds.  Remember Mike Glennon?  Yeah, the giraffe neck looking guy that bombed out with Tampa Bay and got pushed aside in favor of Jameis Winston??  Well, Glennon was the reason that Russell Wilson ended up at Wisconsin for his final season.  NC State was going to bench Wilson in favor of Glennon, so Wilson just transferred.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2019, 01:14 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Everytime I see one of your posts, I'm thinking you wrote a poem. But, then I read it and it doesn't rhyme (I know they don't HAVE to rhyme) and I get angry.

Damned his rhymeless poems anyway! Hey! They named a street and market in town after Findley didn't they?  It must have been some premonition of things to come. Ya think? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
It's early and he's a fourth round pick. For all we know Renell Wren and Micheal Jordan could be struggling just as much, but you won't hear about that because they're not QBs.

Further clouding things up is the fact that some fans are always looking for Andy's replacement and convinced themselves that Finley had a chance to dethrone him.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2019, 01:21 PM)grampahol Wrote: Damned his rhymeless poems anyway! Hey! They named a street and market in town after Findley didn't they?  It must have been some premonition of things to come. Ya think? 

Didn't they name a town in Ohio after Findley? I heard some douche NFL QB was born there. My sister was also born there, but she's not a douche nor an NFL QB.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Finley had plenty of swagger (338 yds, 3 tds) when he was dropping 31 points on the '17 Clemson team.  That was the most point the Tigers allowed all season.  He also outdueled Lamar Jackson (367 yds and 174.6 rating to 354 yds and 121.4 rating) when NC State beat #17 Louisville that year.  Then he went nuts in their 52-31 bowl game victory over Arizona State (24-29, 318 yds).  He also completed 70% of his passes for 415 yds , 2 tds and 0 ints against a very good South Carolina team (9-4 Outback Bowl Champions), and completed 68.8% of his passes for 230 yds, 2 tds , and 0 ints when he beat Florida State in Tallahassee.

But my main point would be that Finley is a FOURTH ROUND PICK.  You are not going to get a guy who dominated against the best teams in the nation in the fourth round.  I don't know what people expect.
Reply/Quote
in camp etc etc.
we have seen it.
vs Clemson 156 yds
vs Texas AM 136.
will be too big for him.
to move the chains.
confidence.

well really good teams have better defenses.   most qbs are not ready to start or really even play year 1
Reply/Quote
I was sitting in the endzone seats last year and watched Driskel attempt a throw to an open WR right in front of me. He could stand 4 feet away from Paul Brown stadium and miss the side of it if he tried to hit it with a football.

Thats why i was crazy about the Finley pick. Even though I wanted Stidham. We needed a backup QB and went and got one. I will give him some time.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2019, 01:17 PM)Big Boss Wrote: All aboard the Dolegala Hype Train.

Im Dole-gaga for Dolegala.
Reply/Quote
In the last 5 drafts there have been 32 QB's drafted in the 4th round or later, of those guys Dak Prescot is the most successful...then Trevor Simeon. Qb's bust at a super high rate, day 3 QB's bust even worse. Many of those guys go on to develop into decent back ups though, that's basically what that pick was.

The idea that he could possibly come in and be average day 1 as a rookie was never realistic.
Reply/Quote
I dont expect him to look like Ken Anderson or Dan Marino his rookie year.
but if Dalton is sidelined for any reason, this season is over.
if Im trading up in a draft for a player,then no matter what round that is...he better do something special and difference making.
Finely looks like to me the talent around him will carry him,not the other way around.
right now hes a poor mans Andy Dalton.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2019, 02:51 PM)Au165 Wrote: In the last 5 drafts there have been 32 QB's drafted in the 4th round or later

Over the last 10 seasons (not counting this years draft) there have bee 71 QBs taken in the fourth round or later.  Only three of them were any good.  Dak Prescott (4th round), Kirk Cousins (4th) and Tyrod Taylor (6th)
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2019, 03:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Over the last 10 seasons (not counting this years draft) there have bee 71 QBs taken in the fourth round or later.  Only three of them were any good.  Dak Prescott (4th round), Kirk Cousins (4th) and Tyrod Taylor (6th)

Right it's rare, they have produced some decent back ups though.
Reply/Quote
Yeah, but what you guys aren't factoring in is . . . some people DESPERATELY want to replace Dalton and now that their dreams are shattered, again, it's vent time.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2019, 02:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Finley had plenty of swagger (338 yds, 3 tds) when he was dropping 31 points on the '17 Clemson team.  That was the most point the Tigers allowed all season.  He also outdueled Lamar Jackson (367 yds and 174.6 rating to 354 yds and 121.4 rating) when NC State beat #17 Louisville that year.  Then he went nuts in their 52-31 bowl game victory over Arizona State (24-29, 318 yds).  He also completed 70% of his passes for 415 yds , 2 tds and 0 ints against a very good South Carolina team (9-4 Outback Bowl Champions), and completed 68.8% of his passes for 230 yds, 2 tds , and 0 ints when he beat Florida State in Tallahassee.

But my main point would be that Finley is a FOURTH ROUND PICK.  You are not going to get a guy who dominated against the best teams in the nation in the fourth round.  I don't know what people expect.

I expected to hear at least some good reports by now.  It seems he is struggling with his spots and throws.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote