Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
This is why Im not crazy about the Finely pick
(08-01-2019, 07:08 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Isn't Willis like 6'3" 205? Not sure that makes him a small package. He's bigger than the kid from Nebraska.

I think he is 5'9" 185 pounds but is thick and quick.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2019, 07:42 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think he is 5'9" 185 pounds but is thick and quick.  

Damion Willis    6'3" 205
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-01-2019, 07:44 PM)McC Wrote: Damion Willis    6'3" 205

well hell, maybe it is Morgan I have been seeing.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(08-01-2019, 07:42 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think he is 5'9" 185 pounds but is thick and quick.  

Thick and Quick? TMI
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
Finley was compared to being a poor mans Andy Dalton. Safe to say even that comparison was off.
Reply/Quote
I'm only willing to give a guy OTAs, and one week of camp... If he can't wow me, then I'm done.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2019, 09:28 PM)jason Wrote: I'm only willing to give a guy OTAs, and one week of camp... If he can't wow me, then I'm done.

I take it "Wow, this guy sucks" doesn't meet that criteria?
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2019, 09:30 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I take it "Wow, this guy sucks" doesn't meet that criteria?

I never saw him in college, but I thought he sucked right away because I know another guy with the last name Finley, and I don't like him.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2019, 01:05 PM)impactplaya Wrote: heres why I dont like the selection.
vs ranked teams he melted down.
vs Clemson 156 yds
vs Texas AM 136.
to me Finely beats up on weaker competition
but wilts vs really good teams.

Sounds like we have found Andy's replacement.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2019, 01:05 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Been reading how Finley is struggling
in camp etc etc.
Rookie QBs go through growing pains blah blah
we have seen it.
heres why I dont like the selection.
vs ranked teams he melted down.
vs Clemson 156 yds
vs Texas AM 136.
to me Finely beats up on weaker competition
but wilts vs really good teams.
so far looks,like to me the game this year and next year
will be too big for him.
everything has to work around him in order for him
to move the chains.
he lacks swagger. hes lacks that Brett Farve Baker Mayfield
confidence.
if a QB lacks that.hes done.
I cant see him being next in line

Finley = Diet Dalton
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2019, 10:44 PM)HuDey Wrote: Finley = Diet Dalton

Finley is a rookie with zero experience. The same people who throw out excuse after excuse for AD have their hatchets out for a player who has had zero game experience. Double standard is the norm in Cincy.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2019, 11:19 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Finley is a rookie with zero experience. The same people who throw out excuse after excuse for AD have their hatchets out for a player who has had zero game experience. Double standard is the norm in Cincy.

Yeah I don't think it's the Dalton supporters ready to run Finley out of town already lol.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2019, 04:01 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: If you don't like that poem, you don't like good poetry.

It's all about the pacing. 

LOL. I don't like poetry in general. Except dirty limericks. They're the [bleep].  Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2019, 09:32 AM)PhilHos Wrote: LOL. I don't like poetry in general. Except dirty limericks. They're the [bleep].  Smirk

There once was a QB named Finley comma Ryan
Whom upon the practice field was a-dyin'
His throws were off-Mark, his play stunk like a fart
Crap was all thus far he was supplyin
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2019, 11:19 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: The same people who throw out excuse after excuse for AD have their hatchets out for a player who has had zero game experience. Double standard is the norm in Cincy.

Same people?

Actually it seems that the same negative whiners who are always crying about Dalton are the same ones shitting on Finley.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2019, 10:44 PM)HuDey Wrote: Finley = Diet Geoff

Fixed.
Reply/Quote
People may be frustrated with Finley but he was a 4th round pick. Imagine being Denver with early 2nd round pick Drew Lock, who many are saying is still the 3rd QB on that depth chart. That would infuriate me more.

Day 1 and 2 picks are ones you expect to become quality starters by the end of their first contracts. Day 3 picks are ones you hope just contribute to the team at some point outside of ST.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-02-2019, 09:43 AM)Nately120 Wrote: There once was a QB named Finley comma Ryan
Whom upon the practice field was a-dyin'
His throws were off-Mark, his play stunk like a fart
Crap was all thus far he was supplyin

Nice, but not dirty enough.  Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I hated the fact that we traded up to get this guy.

But I'm certainly not one who ever viewed Ryan Finley as Dalton's replacement. F no. It's a tolerable choice if the hope is that he someday be a capable NFL backup, but if this guy was taken to be the future franchise QB, then Zac Taylor is going to have an NFL shelf life similar to a guy who is now managing steakhouses.

People also need to remember that Finley is prospect old. He didn't come out after his JR year. Guy played for, I think, 3 different major D1 teams, so he's got plenty of experience adapting to new offenses.

He's been a bust thus far. Maybe it's too soon to bury him, but I'd be less than shocked to find out he's given a pink slip before the end of the preseason.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(08-02-2019, 09:51 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Same people?

Actually it seems that the same negative whiners who are always crying about Dalton are the same ones shitting on Finley.

Well Finley is the Diet Rite version of Dalton, so it makes sense. 
Reply/Quote