Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is why you don't settle at QB
The Chiefs knew they had a solid QB in Alex Smith that could take them to the playoffs, but they knew that an upgrade was required if they wanted to make a legitimate run at the Lombardi. They did what was necessary and now you are seeing the dividends. Unfortunately the Bengals are content with an average QB and average results. This is why the Bengals are a mediocre franchise at best. We are happy with making the playoffs....other franchises are in it to win a championship.
Reply/Quote
So Dalton is the reason the defense is awful. Interesting perspective.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If you think qb is the problem I feel sorry for those who are actually impacted by your judgement.
Reply/Quote
Core actually can catch passes...from Driskel. 

Driskel > Dalton

Mellow

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I get what he's saying. It had nothing to do with the shit show tonight but in general I don't think Dalton brings that leadership needed to get this team over the hump. He just dosent have it, and the same goes for most of our soft players on offense. The D is just a train wreck not much point in even talking about them. But this offense just seems to be a reflection of Lewis. The line is weak, our WR's never seem to come back to the ball or fight for a catch, and never block down field. They just seem flat.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 12:07 AM)Shouldamapads Wrote: So Dalton is the reason the defense is awful. Interesting perspective.

No, but he’s a big part of the reason we scored ONE td on the worst defense in the league...

And KC puts up a ton of points against every team. Not saying our defense wasn’t terrible, but to beat that team we needed to win a shootout, and our offense only brought one gun (AJ).

Reply/Quote
I think the whole team pretty much laid an egg. It happens.

Reply/Quote
This is BS Andy bested Luck and Ryan this year. He has shown he can play up to an elite level QB this season and quite frankly in years past.
In all honesty our defense has to play better you can't give up 45 to any team and not only that and uncontested 45.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Where was John Ross tonight? We have good WR's already and picked him in the draft for his speed. He was injured after 1 play last year. The Bengals seemed to not settle at WR, but settled at QB. Thus, Marvin does not have a clue how to run a championship team.
Get ready for next year!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 12:07 AM)Shouldamapads Wrote: So Dalton is the reason the defense is awful.  Interesting perspective.

The Chiefs defense is awful as well.

What he is saying is Dalton is above average, as was KC's previous QB, but they now have an exceptional QB and well on their way to a record offensive year even though they have a garbage defense.
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 02:42 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: The Chiefs defense is awful as well.

What he is saying is Dalton is above average, as was KC's previous QB, but they now have an exceptional QB and well on their way to a record offensive year even though they have a garbage defense.

It's a little early to be calling Mahomes all that. He's having a great rookie season, no doubt. Let's see if he lasts....
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 08:40 AM)Sled21 Wrote: It's a little early to be calling Mahomes all that. He's having a great rookie season, no doubt. Let's see if he lasts....

Agree.   ONe season does not a career make.  (oh Hi Blake Bortles!)

But he looks good.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 02:42 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: The Chiefs defense is awful as well.

Bingo! And for those talking about how our defense got torched, i completely agree....Mahomes torched them which makes my point even further. 
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 12:44 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Bingo! And for those talking about how our defense got torched, i completely agree....Mahomes torched them which makes my point even further. 

Your point wasn't made to begin with.
Reply/Quote
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/50-most-exciting-players-in-the-nfl-ranked/ss-BBOJsAQ#image=6

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 01:34 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I think the whole team pretty much laid an egg. It happens.

But always on primetime???
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2018, 10:15 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Dalton didn’t beat Luck. The game was won on a defense fumble return.

I’ll give him the Falcons, that was Dalton at his best. Problem is, at his best, shows up sporadically and almost never when it matters (playoffs) and for some weird reason, primetime.  I tend to believe it’s more Marv than Dalton, but I see no problem with drafting a QB to compete with Dalton, soon, that should only make the team better, unless Dalton is so mentally weak he can’t handle it.

Lastly, a great QB can carry a bad D, just ask Rodgers and Brees.

......but he did drive the team down for a go ahead TD at Indy. The fumble return was on the last play of the game.

Brees and Rodgers are generational talents though......that said, I'd like to get a jump start on a replacement myself.  I don't think he's mentally weak.

Reply/Quote
I think we can all agree that we don't have a great QB and considering who our coach is and who runs this team, the only way to get to where we want is if we have a great QB.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2018, 09:18 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: I think we can all agree that we don't have a great QB and considering who our coach is and who runs this team, the only way to get to where we want is if we have a great QB.

Yes.....although I'm not so certain even a great QB overcomes the ineptitude from the top down.

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2018, 08:50 AM)Wyche Wrote: Yes.....although I'm not so certain even a great QB overcomes the ineptitude from the top down.

You think Mahomes would be doing here what he's doing in KC ? I don't
Reply/Quote