Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is why you don't settle at QB
At this point, I hope we trade Dalton just so I can laugh at everyone who thought Andy was the problem.

We just can't wait to ditch the guy who's on pace for 4000+ yards and 34+ TDs this year. Leading the league in 4th quarter comebacks. Good grief.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2018, 09:18 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: I think we can all agree that we don't have a great QB and considering who our coach is and who runs this team, the only way to get to where we want is if we have a great QB.

Like who?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 03:56 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: At this point, I hope we trade Dalton just so I can laugh at everyone who thought Andy was the problem.

We just can't wait to ditch the guy who's on pace for 4000+ yards and 34+ TDs this year. Leading the league in 4th quarter comebacks. Good grief.

For me, the frustrating part is just the inconsistency. The 3rd quarter woes seem to be an every game problem. And it seems that if he starts fast, he ends slow and if he starts slow, sometimes he ends fast. It's almost like they're incapable of putting a consistent 4 quarters together on offense. 

The defense is another story in itself...

P.S. While we were going to our seats we were on the escalator right before kickoff and i mentioned to my wife that we'd be on TV because they always show the big escalator right before kickoff. Low and behold i just now turned the game on the DVR, they showed the escalator right before the kick...and there i was. Big Grin

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 03:56 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: At this point, I hope we trade Dalton just so I can laugh at everyone who thought Andy was the problem.

Plus doing it with what has to be one of the worst OL's in the NFL. 

Dalton is far from the problem. OL and injuries are our main problem right now. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2018, 11:41 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: The Chiefs knew they had a solid QB in Alex Smith that could take them to the playoffs, but they knew that an upgrade was required if they wanted to make a legitimate run at the Lombardi. They did what was necessary and now you are seeing the dividends. Unfortunately the Bengals are content with an average QB and average results. This is why the Bengals are a mediocre franchise at best. We are happy with making the playoffs....other franchises are in it to win a championship.

Well hell we should just draft a HoF QB then. I can’t believe the Bengals don’t just do that.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 12:37 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: For me, the frustrating part is just the inconsistency. The 3rd quarter woes seem to be an every game problem. And it seems that if he starts fast, he ends slow and if he starts slow, sometimes he ends fast. It's almost like they're incapable of putting a consistent 4 quarters together on offense. 

P.S. While we were going to our seats we were on the escalator right before kickoff and i mentioned to my wife that we'd be on TV because they always show the big escalator right before kickoff. Low and behold i just now turned the game on the DVR, they showed the escalator right before the kick...and there i was. Big Grin

That seems like a problem we've had since 2003.  :giggle:

...and cool story on the escalator. Tbh, the odds that you'd be on it at the time it was shown were pretty slim. I don't think I've ever been on the tube. My Mom was interviewed by the local news near the Roebling bridge back in the 80's. 

(10-29-2018, 12:59 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Plus doing it with what has to be one of the worst OL's in the NFL. 

Dalton is far from the problem. OL and injuries are our main problem right now. 

I know I made a "props" thread for the o-line after the first few games, but they're still pretty bad. Just not "historically" bad like last year.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 01:10 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: That seems like a problem we've had since 2003.  :giggle:

...and cool story on the escalator. Tbh, the odds that you'd be on it at the time it was shown were pretty slim. I don't think I've ever been on the tube. My Mom was interviewed by the local news near the Roebling bridge back in the 80's. 

I know I made a "props" thread for the o-line after the first few games, but they're still pretty bad. Just not "historically" bad like last year.

O/T, but I was on the tube 15 years ago, and I never realized it until just this year.  It was the Southern 500, Terry Labonte's last win.  Our old seats were 13 rows up from the start/finish line.  I saw a screenshot of Labonte on his victory lap, and low and behold, there we are in the upper right corner of the frame.  You can see the Camel Racing crew shirt from a mile away in any pic.....lol.

Attached Files Image(s)

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 02:44 PM)Wyche Wrote: O/T, but I was on the tube 15 years ago, and I never realized it until just this year.  It was the Southern 500, Terry Labonte's last win.  Our old seats were 13 rows up from the start/finish line.  I saw a screenshot of Labonte on his victory lap, and low and behold, there we are in the upper right corner of the frame.  You can see the Camel Racing crew shirt from a mile away in any pic.....lol.

Nice! That'd make for a good background for the ol' PC.

To keep it somewhat on topic, funny reading a headline of "this is why you don't settle at QB" - while Andy is running away with the MVP vote in JN.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 12:37 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: For me, the frustrating part is just the inconsistency. The 3rd quarter woes seem to be an every game problem. And it seems that if he starts fast, he ends slow and if he starts slow, sometimes he ends fast. It's almost like they're incapable of putting a consistent 4 quarters together on offense. 

Absolutely awesome!

My dad deleted the recording (I was late to my parents' house, my wife's fault {as usual}, so he recorded the first twenty minutes and I had to catch up), otherwise I'd keep an eye out for you!

It may be on replay, though I'm not sure they'd show something like that.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 02:59 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Absolutely awesome!

My dad deleted the recording (I was late to my parents' house, my wife's fault {as usual}, so he recorded the first twenty minutes and I had to catch up), otherwise I'd keep an eye out for you!

It may be on replay, though I'm not sure they'd show something like that.

I pulled this up on GamePass.

[Image: before%20kickoff_zpsbm9xz49f.jpg]

A freakin' star is born!!!!

lol

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 02:50 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Nice! That'd make for a good background for the ol' PC.

To keep it somewhat on topic, funny reading a headline of "this is why you don't settle at QB" - while Andy is running away with the MVP vote in JN.

It is funny.....I don't see how anyone can complain with what 14 has put out there this season......and it is the background on the ol PC....lol.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 03:22 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I pulled this up on GamePass.

lol

LOL Indeed!
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 03:22 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I pulled this up on GamePass.

lol

Pretty cool with the original Brooklyn Bridge in the background. The blue of the bridge really makes your eyes stand out.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote