Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This kicker sux!
FFS, who is this shitty kicker and why is he still on the team? Ninja
Reply/Quote
My Grandma could've kicked better with her eyes closed and her pants down!
Reply/Quote
I'm glad nugent isnt blowing kicks, but still he's a kicker,why is everyone giving him high praise and saying told you so lol this is what he's supposed to do. Now if we are in a big game and we need a;big kick I'm still going to hold my breathe when he comes out. He's got to prove us a lot more he's not going to mess up.
Reply/Quote
He looked brutal in the preseason.....but he sure bailed us out last night.  Props.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Sure improved his season avg. When the guy is on he's on. Just hope he keeps it up. With this offense we're going to need him to be on.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Gotta give Nuge a lot of props after last night. I'm probably the biggest Nuge hater on this board but he made me a believer after nailing 5 FG's and getting us the win. Keep shutting me up Nuge  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Good job Nugent... You did the one thing asked if you.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
When makes a kick that matters I'll care
Reply/Quote
Y'all make jokes now but when it counts and he miss yall gonna be the first to come for his head.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 11:41 AM)motoarch Wrote: When makes a kick that matters I'll care

Week one against the jets?

And how about this, say they have you as a kicker last night, guess what the final score is. Can you guess?

Ok times up 7-6 and the bengals lose. I'd say he played a pretty important role last night.

Reply/Quote
If he'd made the first one against the jets the next one wouldn't have been so critical.

Fact is he hasn't been reliable when we need him most. One good game doesn't change that.

I get tired of reading all the negative over reactions in the game day threads but I'm equally tired of the bi-polar reactions to our players in jungle noise. Either you support a player/coach or you don't. This guy lays an egg next week are you still going to support him or jump off the bandwagon?

And what kind of question is it to ask about how I'd do his job? Not relavent at all. Let's see him do my job and how would that go? It doesn't matter. Plus apprently I would only had to have made one of the couple of chip shots he made to win last night, could have missed the other 4. Having played soccer for 12 years and was a kicker for a football team for 1 I feel pretty good I could have got the job done.

If he can stay consistent great but if he chokes in the final seconds of a game that matters then who cares if he makes 15 in one game the other team wasn't going to win anyway.
Reply/Quote
Confucius say it is better to have cold kicking streak in preseason than during season.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 12:21 PM)motoarch Wrote: If he'd made the first one against the jets the next one wouldn't have been so critical.

Fact is he hasn't been reliable when we need him most. One good game doesn't change that.

I get tired of reading all the negative over reactions in the game day threads but I'm equally tired of the bi-polar reactions to our players in jungle noise. Either you support a player/coach or you don't. This guy lays an egg next week are you still going to support him or jump off the bandwagon?

And what kind of question is it to ask about how I'd do his job? Not relavent at all. Let's see him do my job and how would that go? It doesn't matter. Plus apprently I would only had to have made one of the couple of chip shots he made to win last night, could have missed the other 4. Having played soccer for 12 years and was a kicker for a football team for 1 I feel pretty good I could have got the job done.

If he can stay consistent great but if he chokes in the final seconds of a game that matters then who cares if he makes 15 in one game the other team wasn't going to win anyway.

I'm fairly confident you wouldnt have made one fg or extra point last night, pele. The NFL level, even for "lowly kickers" is a whole other animal, so slow your role, vinatieri.

And it isn't bi-polar, it is credit where it is due. So he missed one against the jets, who cares. The more important factor is the resiliency he has shown to not let that one missed kick turn into an avalanche of missed kicks. That kick he made to win the game in New York was as high pressure a kick as you can possibly get. It'sbclear you don't like him that much and you're butt hurt that he is proving you wrong, but good god man, swallow your pride and admit he's putting together a great season so far.

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 11:41 AM)motoarch Wrote: When makes a kick that matters I'll care

So we should care alot about him since he has been very dependable in 4th quarter in his career....   I think that stat they posted was like 24 out of last 25 kicks made in 4th quarter.. that is pretty damn dependable, would you not agree?
Reply/Quote
Nuge is having a nice season thus far, but that doesn't mean that the folks who criticized him are suddenly incorrect. Nuge was being criticized for a lousy preseason and 6 seasons of below-average kicking in a Bengals uniform.

I guess you can say Nuge deserves praise now, but he also deserved the criticism he's received in the past.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 01:09 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Nuge is having a nice season thus far, but that doesn't mean that the folks who criticized him are suddenly incorrect. Nuge was being criticized for a lousy preseason and 6 seasons of below-average kicking in a Bengals uniform.

I guess you can say Nuge deserves praise now, but he also deserved the criticism he's received in the past.

He also was not being praised for being above average in 4th quarter in his career... Sure a field goal is a field goal but we all know their is more pressure in 4th quarter than 1st quarter and the stats show he has done an outstanding job in 4th quarter for us when it counts the most
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 01:11 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: He also was not being praised for being above average in 4th quarter in his career... Sure a field goal is a field goal but we all know their is more pressure in 4th quarter than 1st quarter and the stats show he has done an outstanding job in 4th quarter for us when it counts the most

Fair enough. I've never felt overly nervous when Nuge comes out for a crucial or late game FG. So I think some have exagggerated how bad he is in that department. 

Beyond that, I think he's earned the crtiticism he's received.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Nuge for President. Make American Kick Again.
Reply/Quote
Come at me all you want guys. When he biffs one that counts you'll all want his head.
Reply/Quote
The thing about kickers is there are always 3 people involved in the transaction..The snapper, the holder and the kicked. The guy who almost always gets the blame or the glory is the kicker. Nobody ever knows if the holder gets the ball in the right position or if the snapper puts the ball in the right place..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote