Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This kicker sux!
I'm nervous when any game comes down to a kicker tbh. So much hard work by an entire team to have the game come down to one guy. There's been kickers that were pretty much money in the bank in big situations (Vinatieri comes to mind), but no kicker is perfect. I was pretty nervous about Nugent after the preseason, but he's been great so far. It's a really high pressure job, and when they deliver I think they should get praise.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 01:51 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: FFS, who is this shitty kicker and why is he still on the team?  Ninja

Sucks almost as much as the QB. Ninja Ninja
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 11:41 AM)motoarch Wrote: When makes a kick that matters I'll care

You mean like the game winner he made against the Jets?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
So bumping this because... some of you really need to check yourselves. Read what you posted here then go look at todays game thread.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2016, 05:03 PM)motoarch Wrote: So bumping this because... some of you really need to check yourselves. Read what you posted here then go look at todays game thread.  

Just lucky we played the Browns today.  But there will come a game where he pulls this shit and we won't be playing these patsies.  Let's see if it costs us the division.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 10:37 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Gotta give Nuge a lot of props after last night. I'm probably the biggest Nuge hater on this board but he made me a believer after nailing 5 FG's and getting us the win. Keep shutting me up Nuge

Fast forward to the Oct 23rd Cleveland game. Sick
Reply/Quote
It doesn't matter who we have putting their foot to the ball, the reality is a kicker in the NFL will always have some level of inconsistency due to the number of variables at play (often not in their favor); dome vs. outdoors, weather, field type (turf, sod, etc.), etc.

It's nice to have a kicker we think we can rely on, but there will always be that last second gust of wind, or slight variation of ball angle that ever so slightly changes its velocity and trajectory, that will cause us fans to say he sucks and needs to be cut because he missed a potential game winning kick.

Bottomline is we have a pretty decent kicker that hasn't (royally) screwed us yet. I'd rather management focus on the factors that potentially lead to games coming down to a kick for a win/loss.

Also, see tonight's SNF game (Seahawks @ Cardinals); BOTH kickers miss BOTH their field goals, that were BOTH within 30 yards (28 and 24 to be exact), causing the game to end in a tie.

And last but not least, the Patriots appear to be making changes to their field to help Gostkowski: http://offthemonstersports.com/2016/10/the-patriots-have-made-changes-to-the-turf-at-gillette-stadium-in-hopes-to-help-k-stephen-gostkowski/
Reply/Quote