Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This looks like it could get serious
(05-13-2020, 12:38 PM)hollodero Wrote: To be fair. Many times that cadet bone spurs line came up as a reaction to things Trump said. Like Trump touting his own bravery (like he would run into a school with a shooter), or when he claims he knows more than the generals or no one knows more about the military than him. In these cases, it seems a bit more fair to bring up his deferrence.

Sure enough, if Biden ever claims he knows more than the generals about the military, it would also seem fair to bring up his own non-service as well. Biden just doesn't quite say things like that. That is a difference.
Now see, that's a rational response. A hell of a lot better than "Biden's was legit and Trump's was not. I know this because I can read a medical publication 40 years later. "

BLUF: Both were diagnosed with maladies that exempted them from service. One of their many similarities.

Remember when Biden wanted to go back to High School and kick Trump's Ass? What would happen if he suffered an assmar attack during the scuffle?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-13-2020, 01:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Now see, that's a rational response. A hell of a lot better than "Biden's was legit and Trump's was not. I know this because I can read a medical publication 40 years later. "

BLUF: Both were diagnosed with maladies that exempted them from service. One of their many similarities.

Remember when Biden wanted to go back to High School and kick Trump's Ass? What would happen if he suffered an assmar attack during the scuffle?

Can we let Jesse Ventura into this old politician fight?  Itd be the first time the green party was a heavy favorite. 
Michaelsean Wrote:Nice try but this is no longer a forum to discuss things even if it is to show where you are wrong.  It is now a place to laugh off any suggestion that a Democrat did anything wrong, and post tweets of people nobody ever heard of as long as they says the right thing.  

It used to be pretty good place but it has turned more into a Liberal Support Group that participate more in groupthink than individual thought. Who knows maybe Biden will beat Trump in 2020 and we can get back to the way it was. For now it's exactly the same as the Dem campaign motto: "EVERYTHING the current administration does is wrong and those looking to defeat him are right".

Just look at the responses when one tries to suggest both Trump and Biden were deferred from Military Service for Medical Conditions. I think I'm going to give it a break. It's gotten uglier than its ever been. It's even affecting some of those that used to be more independent thinkers. I hate that we ran off SSF, but I'm going to try to follow his lead unless there's some big story. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(05-13-2020, 02:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Just look at the responses when one tries to suggest both Trump and Biden were deferred from Military Service for Medical Conditions. 

You claimed Biden was from a wealthy family that used their influence to keep him out of military service.  That was bullshit.

You claimed asthma should not keep a person out of the military because it would not stop a person from being a lifeguard.  That was bullshit.

Don't blame us that you keep posting bullshit that has to be corrected.
(05-13-2020, 02:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Who knows maybe Biden will beat Trump in 2020 and we can get back to the way it was.

You mean back in the good old days when 100% of the people around here disliked habitually lying crooks who defrauded college students and mocked handicapped people.

We didn't change.

You did.
(05-13-2020, 02:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It used to be pretty good place but it has turned more into a Liberal Support Group that participate more in groupthink than individual thought. Who knows maybe Biden will beat Trump in 2020 and we can get back to the way it was. For now it's exactly the same as the Dem campaign motto: "EVERYTHING the current administration does is wrong and those looking to defeat him are right".

Just look at the responses when one tries to suggest both Trump and Biden were deferred from Military Service for Medical Conditions. I think I'm going to give it a break. It's gotten uglier than its ever been. It's even affecting some of those that used to be more independent thinkers. I hate that we ran off SSF, but I'm going to try to follow his lead unless there's some big story. 

Violin

Nobody gets "ran off".

Some chose to participate less or not at all.

Some because they get tired or the regular back and forth that distracts from the discussion...some put their tail between their legs because enough don't "agree" with them.

Some put up with regular harassment from the same posters over and over and stick around.

Some stick around to engage (and occasionally argue). 

On a personal level I think every single member here has disagreed with me over the years about something.  (Some more than others.)  I just don't take it personally or feel the forum "has" to be one way or another.  It's a good place to exchange ideas see real information and occasionally chuckle at the crazy that gets passed off as ideas and inofrmation.  Smirk

Like I said earlier though:  If it is getting to you (or anyone) that much it's time for a time out for yourself.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-13-2020, 02:27 PM)GMDino Wrote: Violin

Nobody gets "ran off".

Some chose to participate less or not at all.

Some because they get tired or the regular back and forth that distracts from the discussion...some put their tail between their legs because enough don't "agree" with them.

Some put up with regular harassment from the same posters over and over and stick around.

Some stick around to engage (and occasionally argue). 

On a personal level I think every single member here has disagreed with me over the years about something.  (Some more than others.)  I just don't take it personally or feel the forum "has" to be one way or another.  It's a good place to exchange ideas see real information and occasionally chuckle at the crazy that gets passed off as ideas and inofrmation.  Smirk

Like I said earlier though:  If it is getting to you (or anyone) that much it's time for a time out for yourself.

I found this week that using the ignore features helps a lot. I should have turned it on back when we used to have white nationalists spam posting here. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(05-13-2020, 02:47 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I found this week that using the ignore features helps a lot. I should have turned it on back when we used to have white nationalists spam posting here. 

I've gone that route when it got too bad with no exchange of information just attacks and whining.

I prefer to read and interact but, again, I don't care if people disagree.  That should just lead to conversation.  
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-13-2020, 02:47 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I found this week that using the ignore features helps a lot. I should have turned it on back when we used to have white nationalists spam posting here. 

I just get tired of people trying to put out opinions as facts, not understanding that there is usually far more nuance and context to issues, and repeating disproven conspiracy theories. That is what causes me to get a little more heated than I should because it frustrates me to no end. When people complain about "groupthink" or partisan bias yet do nothing but spout off propaganda it makes me despair for the country.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(05-13-2020, 01:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No one said he wasn't diagnosed with Assmar. I think Biden had it just long enough to be disqualified from service.

Some children may "grow out of asthma" as they get older because we can't reliably diagnose children under the age of 4 with asthma because they aren't old enough to be compliant with testing.  In others, there asthma may become less severe to the point they don't need daily medications and rarely have an exacerbation except when they get sick with a cold and develop asthmatic bronchitis.  That's why the regulation mentions reliably diagnosed and symptomatic after age 13. Because asthmatics over the age of 13 rarely, if ever, "grow out of it."

Quote:Inability to walk in combat boots without pain could also be a dis qualifier, couldn't it?

Plantar fasciitis, not bone spurs, is temporarily disqualifying, but only for the duration of the pain which is typically weeks for most to months if recalcitrant to treatment.

Quote:Did/do you know anyone who served with Assmar. I know I do. 

http://arotc.osu.edu/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/AR-40-501-Standards-of-Medical-Fitness.pdf

page 30, 3-27a

Yes, I do.  But, that only applies to service members if they have been diagnosed with asthma after 6 months of service provided it isn't severe enough for referral for a MEB.  Because the rules for retention are different than the rules for enlistment.  This is also another thing you already know.

If they are diagnosed with asthma within six months of service it is considered a pre-existing condition and they will receive an EPTS chapter, again regardless of severity.

http://arotc.osu.edu/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/AR-40-501-Standards-of-Medical-Fitness.pdf

says the guy lounging around in some super comfy llama hair tactical pants as we speak.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/judges-delay-on-resolving-flynn-case-stuns-court-watchers

A lot of banter about bone spurs and asthma. What about the judge playing the game of checks and balances and challenging the power of a politicized DOJ?

Definitely an anti trump hater guy right? I’m sure any gop trumpet worth his weight in maggot hats will follow the Fox News marching orders and get their pitch forks and torches out for this guy.
(05-13-2020, 04:28 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/judges-delay-on-resolving-flynn-case-stuns-court-watchers

A lot of banter about bone spurs and asthma. What about the judge playing the game of checks and balances and challenging the power of a politicized DOJ?

Definitely an  anti trump hater guy right? I’m sure any gop trumpet worth his weight in maggot hats will follow the Fox News marching orders and get their pitch forks and torches out for this guy.

I have never seen this happen in a criminal case before.

Judge is just trying to get everything on the record out in the open for anyone concerned that the DOJ is making a decision based on protecting the President instead of seeking justice.

In the end I don't see any way a judge can make a case go forward if the prosecutor refuse to prosecute.
(05-13-2020, 04:28 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/judges-delay-on-resolving-flynn-case-stuns-court-watchers

Definitely an anti trump hater guy right? I’m sure any gop trumpet worth his weight in maggot hats will follow the Fox News marching orders and get their pitch forks and torches out for this guy.

Ooh, he received the dreaded “activist judge” label. Is that better or worse than sycophant Attorney General, aka accessory to the fact?
(05-13-2020, 02:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It used to be pretty good place but it has turned more into a Liberal Support Group that participate more in groupthink than individual thought. Who knows maybe Biden will beat Trump in 2020 and we can get back to the way it was. For now it's exactly the same as the Dem campaign motto: "EVERYTHING the current administration does is wrong and those looking to defeat him are right".

No. You don't get to be the sorehead here.

Your whole point was "Liberals are SUCH HYPOCRITES. They claim they are against Trump, and now they go with the closest thing to Trump they can find. And now percieving Trump as anyway worse is just because TRUMP!" (...including racism)

I tried to express with words how mind-boggingly bad that point is, but words cannot quite express it. obviously. Of course you gather group think rejection for a disingenuous and quite ridiculous thesis like that. That's not on the bad liberal posters. That's on you.
(05-13-2020, 04:39 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Ooh, he received the dreaded “activist judge” label. Is that better or worse than sycophant Attorney General, aka accessory to the fact?

FoxNews will have a field day with this.  I don't thnk any judge has ever done this before.  It will be ABSOLUTE proof that the swamp is just out to get Trump.
https://thefederalist.com/2020/05/13/obamagate-isnt-a-conspiracy-theory-its-the-biggest-political-scandal-of-our-time/
(05-13-2020, 07:48 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: https://thefederalist.com/2020/05/13/obamagate-isnt-a-conspiracy-theory-its-the-biggest-political-scandal-of-our-time/

Sayz the Federalist article:

"A string of recently released documents have confirmed that the entire Russia-Trump investigation, which eventually entrapped Flynn and forced then-Attorney General Jeff Sessions to recuse himself, was an unprecedented abuse of power that amounted to organized effort by the Obama administration to nullify the results of the 2016 presidential election. It was in effect an attempted coup."

The embedded link leads to a letter from the Senate judiciary committee to Susan Rice, signed by Grassley and Graham. Given the lead up, you would expect the link to provide the "confirmation" just claimed.  https://www.judiciary.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/2018-02-08%20CEG%20LG%20to%20Rice%20(Russia%20Investigation%20Email).pdf

The letter quotes Rice as follows:

"President Obama began the conversation by stressing his continued commitment to ensuring that every aspect of this issue is handled by the Intelligence and law enforcement communities "by the book" . The President stressed that he is not asking about, initiating or instructing anything from a law enforcement perspective. He reiterated that our law enforcement team needs to proceed as it normally would by the book. From a national security perspective, however, President Obama said he wants to be sure that, as we engage with the incoming team, we are mindful to ascertain if there is any reason that we cannot share information fully as it relates to Russia."

And then it makes the following claim, followed by questions which I suppose are to be answered somewhere else:

"It strikes us as odd that, among your activities in the final moments on the final day of the Obama administration, you would feel the need to send yourself such an unusual email purporting to document a conversation involving President Obama and his interactions with the FBI regarding the Trump/Russia investigation. In addition, despite your claim that President Obama repeatedly told Mr. Corney to proceed "by the book," substantial questions have arisen about whether officials at the FBI, as well as at the Justice Department and the State Department, actually did proceed 'by the book.'

No confirmation at all. Just a claim that "questions have arisen." Like these:

4."Did anyone instruct, request, suggest, or imply that you should send yourself the aforementioned Inauguration Day email memorializing President Obama' s meeting with Mr. Corney about the Trump/Russia investigation? If so, who and why?

5. Is the account of the January 5, 2017 meeting presented in your email accurate? Did you omit any other portions of the conversation?"

So where is the promised "confirmation" that the entire Russia-Trump investigation was an "unprecedented abuse of power" intended to "nullify the results of the 2016 presidential election? It is not in this document for sure.

LOL at least we get a clear sense of what "Obamagate" refers to now.
(05-13-2020, 01:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Now see, that's a rational response. A hell of a lot better than "Biden's was legit and Trump's was not. I know this because I can read a medical publication 40 years later. "

Is almost 30 years of formal education, training, and combined experience as a soldier, Army PA, and civilian PA really just the ability to "read a medical publication 40 years later"?  Some in the military might go so far as to call that a "subject matter expert."

You're the one who keeps bringing up Biden's asthma and suggesting it isn't legit.  I believe it was you who derailed another thread by questioning if anyone would call Biden "Cadet Assmar," right or wrong? We can diagnose someone with asthma with PFTs and a methacholine challenge which provides objective data and you can't fake reversible airway restriction.  Meanwhile Trump, a habitual liar, hasn't once mentioned the name of a medical condition which is disqualifying for military service.  Additionally, plantar fasciitis is a clinical diagnosis.  There isn't a single test available which can confirm or deny if a patient truly has it, unlike asthma. So Biden's diagnosis involves objective data.  Trump's diagnosis involves him telling the truth during the patient history and physical exam.  That dude can't even admit he has a fake tan.

Quote:BLUF: Both were diagnosed with maladies that exempted them from service. One of their many similarities.

Really? Then why has Trump never mentioned he had plantar fasciitis?  Dontcha think if he was exempted from military service because he had plantar fasciitis he would know he had plantar fasciitis?

Quote:Remember when Biden wanted to go back to High School and kick Trump's Ass? What would happen if he suffered an assmar attack during the scuffle?

What would happen then would entirely depend upon the severity of the asthma attack which could range from using a couple inhalations from a beta agonist MDI to death because up to 4,000 people die of asthma attacks each year in the US alone.

Just look at the responses when one tries to suggest both Trump and Biden were deferred from Military Service for Medical Conditions.

Actually, you asked if people would call Biden "Cadet Assmar" thus suggesting his diagnosis isn't "legit."  You started it.

Quote:I think I'm going to give it a break. It's gotten uglier than its ever been. It's even affecting some of those that used to be more independent thinkers. I hate that we ran off SSF, but I'm going to try to follow his lead unless there's some big story. 

Promises, promises.