Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This may be the most important game of yr.
Because of tie-breakers this may be the most important game of the year. If we split with PIT and BAL, the next tie-breaker is division record. The next is common opponents and all three teams play OAK and SD.

Obviously head to head is first and SD could well be in the playoff mix too.

I know the games down the stretch SEEM to mean more, but this game well could be the deciding factor.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
I've always liked this chart as well.

http://imgur.com/gallery/7NqMG

2-0 teams make the playoffs 63%
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
Every game matters. We are the best team in the division this year, so this is more about if we get a week 1 bye.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2015, 10:27 PM)EatonFan Wrote: Because of tie-breakers this may be the most important game of the year. If we split with PIT and BAL, the next tie-breaker is division record. The next is common opponents and all three teams play OAK and SD.

Obviously head to head is first and SD could well be in the playoff mix too.

I know the games down the stretch SEEM to mean more, but this game well could be the deciding factor.

I get the urgency, but protecting home vs Pitt is critical as the biggest threat, divisional game and emotional boost. SD is important but even a hot start doesn't trump a huge divisional game.
Reply/Quote
If nothing else, you look at our schedule and you see it sure doesn't get easier after this. The Chargers are a talented team and it certainly won't be a walk in the park but we can compete with them. Special teams needs to be on their game, as well as the LBs to stop the run, and the entire defense on 3rd downs. A few sacks of Rivers could make all the difference.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2015, 10:39 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Every game matters. We are the best team in the division this year, so this is more about if we get a week 1 bye.

Agreed.

Reply/Quote
Today you are correct.  Tomorrow you will not be (since you mean SD in particular).

The most important game is the one being played or, if no game is being played, the next game.
Reply/Quote