Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
This ones for you guys
The more I think about the organization shutting the message boards down, the more it pisses me off. Because of this, I will be boycotting going to any games this year, buying any food or beers at the stadium, or funding Mike Brown's pathetic excuse of an organization in any way, shape, or form.

My dad has season tickets and I usually attend around 5 games with him. This year, I will not be attending any.

Im not only doing it for myself, but for you guys. We were all parts of such a great community over there and it pisses me off that Mike ripped that away from us. The one good thing about that organization he takes from us because he is too damn cheap.

It may be a small gesture, but I urge you guys to follow. Don't take it.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 01:58 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: The more I think about the organization shutting the message boards down, the more it pisses me off. Because of this, I will be boycotting going to any games this year, buying any food or beers at the stadium, or funding Mike Brown's pathetic excuse of an organization in any way, shape, or form.

My dad has season tickets and I usually attend around 5 games with him. This year, I will not be attending any.

Im not only doing it for myself, but for you guys. We were all parts of such a great community over there and it pisses me off that Mike ripped that away from us. The one good thing about that organization he takes from us because he is too damn cheap.

The only question I would have is, who will you be hurting more--you or Mike?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 02:08 PM)McC Wrote: The only question I would have is, who will you be hurting more--you or Mike?

I dont even care to go to the games as much as I used to. Honestly, its not a lot of sweat off my back. 

Not being hungover on Mondays at work will also be a benefit. 
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 02:11 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Not being hungover on Mondays at work will also be a benefit. 

I drink a lot more when I stay home to watch the game.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 02:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I drink a lot more when I stay home to watch the game.

Good point. At least its for significantly less money. 
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 01:58 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: The more I think about the organization shutting the message boards down, the more it pisses me off. Because of this, I will be boycotting going to any games this year, buying any food or beers at the stadium, or funding Mike Brown's pathetic excuse of an organization in any way, shape, or form.

It really was a dick move in my opinion. There were still tons of members who frequented the board daily. I have been taking shots at them on Twitter for it...considering they want us to use their social media. Cool
[Image: bey.gif]
Reply/Quote
I prefer this message board. Genuinely do. At the end of the day this is a sport and something to be enjoyed, just have fun with the team.

Reply/Quote

This is a much to passive stance.  I say we sue them.  This is America.  We are all entitled to something.  We could argue intentional infliction of emotional distress.  I know this has all been very hard on me.  Those 50K rep points were like babies to me.  It has been hard for me to deal with. In fact I just noticed that I have been impotent ever since the official fan board shut down. That alone could amount to tens of dollars of damages.

Who is with me?  We will make it a class action lawsuit.

If we win the Mike Brown will have to give us the team. Then a rag tag team of former board members would form an alliance to run the team. We would make a series of brilliant moves that took the Bengals to the Super Bowl. And Disney would make a movie about us. And Harrison Ford would play me. And then ESPN would hire me, but I'd get fired when Sage Steele tricks me into getting her pregnant.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 02:11 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I dont even care to go to the games as much as I used to. Honestly, its not a lot of sweat off my back. 

You're being inconsistent here.  You first claim that you won't be going to the games and you would be doing this for us, then you say that you don't even care to go to the games and that it is not a lot of sweat off of your back.

A sacrifice for someone should be just that a sacrifice. 
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 02:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is a much to passive stance.  I say we sue them.  This is America.  We are all entitled to something.  We could argue intentional infliction of emotional distress.  I know this has all been very hard on me.  Those 50K rep points were like babies to me.  It has been hard for me to deal with. In fact I just noticed that I have been impotent ever since the official fan board shut down. That alone could amount to tens of dollars of damages.

Tens of dollars you say? I'm in.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 02:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is a much to passive stance.  I say we sue them.  This is America.  We are all entitled to something.  We could argue intentional infliction of emotional distress.  I know this has all been very hard on me.  Those 50K rep points were like babies to me.  It has been hard for me to deal with. In fact I just noticed that I have been impotent ever since the official fan board shut down. That alone could amount to tens of dollars of damages.

I'm down, Fred you draw it up because you know...you have the law degree and all. 
[Image: bey.gif]
Reply/Quote

I wouldn't worry about your rep point too much. 
Reply/Quote

If we win the Mike Brown will have to give us the team.  Then a rag tag team of former board members would form an alliance to run the team.  We would make a series of brilliant moves that took the Bengals to the Super Bowl.  And Disney would make a movie about us.  And Harrison Ford would play me.  And then ESPN would hire me, but I'd get fired when Sage Steele tricks me into getting her pregnant.

This is totally unrealistic. Sage Steele would never sleep with you. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 02:27 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: You're being inconsistent here.  You first claim that you won't be going to the games and you would be doing this for us, then you say that you don't even care to go to the games and that it is not a lot of sweat off of your back.

A sacrifice for someone should be just that a sacrifice. 

I'm not going to bang Scarlett Johansson until we either win a Super Bowl or fire Marvin Lewis.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 02:11 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I dont even care to go to the games as much as I used to. Honestly, its not a lot of sweat off my back. 

For real. The Bengals' in game experience is absolute crap. I enjoy going to games with my sister or mom once a year, but that's only because every game I've been to has been nuts (20-19 last second Texans loss 2012, Packers win 2013, Panthers tie last year). If it weren't for that I wouldn't have any fun at all
Reply/Quote
that escalated quickly
[Image: 2qGWGd.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 02:45 PM)Lqhybrid25 Wrote: that escalated quickly

Pre-mature escalation is more common than most people think.
Reply/Quote

If we win the Mike Brown will have to give us the team.  Then a rag tag team of former board members would form an alliance to run the team.  We would make a series of brilliant moves that took the Bengals to the Super Bowl.  And Disney would make a movie about us.  And Harrison Ford would play me.  And then ESPN would hire me, but I'd get fired when Sage Steele tricks me into getting her pregnant.

Just give me Sara Walsh and im on board. 
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 01:58 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: My dad has season tickets and I usually attend around 5 games with him. This year, I will not be attending any.

I'd rather see an NFL game with my dad than kick Mikey boy right in the nuts, but to each his own.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 03:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'd rather see an NFL game with my dad than kick Mikey boy right in the nuts, but to each his own.

If it were literally a kick in the nuts, I'd forego attending one game for that opportunity.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote