Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This organization doesn’t deserve Burrow
Burrow did all that he could to keep this team in the game. This organization doesn’t deserve Joe
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:58 AM)Trademark Wrote: Burrow did all that he could to keep this team in the game. This organization doesn’t deserve Joe

He was told that before the Draft from MANY people....I fear he is starting to believe it now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:01 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: He was told that before the Draft from MANY people....I fear he is starting to believe it now.

Wait till he gets to practice in 20 degree weather, and the team has to move indoors to a converted basketball court because a thunderstorm is coming in...

Professional football.
Reply/Quote
A lot if good QBs are drafted by very bad teams. The Bengals are no less deserving of their pick.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:58 AM)Trademark Wrote: Burrow did all that he could to keep this team in the game. This organization doesn’t deserve Joe

Everybody wanted Marvin gone. He was the one who kept the football talent up. Now there's no one in this organization that can fix the Bengals.  Mike Brown have to die or sell the team for anything to change.
Reply/Quote
Bengal fans are lost. They think you have to build a team around a QB. Sometimes the QB is good enough to build the team around himself. Let's just give him a little more than 2 games before we assert we've ruined his career.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Guys... chill. These reactionS, my God. This is getting embarrassing
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:06 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Guys... chill. These reactionS, my God. This is getting embarrassing

Nope!! 2 games; we've been patient enough....Joe's career is ruined. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
We all knew it wasn't going to be an easy road this year. There are alot of bumps mainly the offensive line... then the defensive line took a hit before the season started.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I want to see AJ bounce back. The Burrow-AJ connection is off to a lousy start, but they don't have much time together yet. I expect AJ to come back and have a solid outing next week.

The defense got run over and burned on play action. They started out solid against the run but it got worse as it went on. Kudos to the Browns. We no doubt need to improve against both play action and stopping the run.

We knew it would be tough for Burrow. We knew the offensive line would be shaky. This is a young group. It'll take time.

I'm definitely looking at 3 things in the draft next year: Right Tackle, Corner, Pass Rusher. We are getting zero pass rush. We are having to throw everything at offensive lines and still get little pressure. We need Geno. But we need a young, elite pass rusher to give our defense an edge.

Overall the team needs to get better. These guys are learning, though. They'll keep improving and next year's draft class should help a lot to set us up to contend next year I hope.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:06 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Guys... chill. These reactionS, my God. This is getting embarrassing

The play on the field was embarrassing.

Giving up 216 yards on the ground at over 6+ a pop????

Please don't direct to the fans.  This coaching staff is an asbolute joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:10 AM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: I want to see AJ bounce back. The Burrow-AJ connection is off to a lousy start, but they don't have much time together yet. I expect AJ to come back and have a solid outing next week.

The defense got run over and burned on play action. They started out solid against the run but it got worse as it went on. Kudos to the Browns. We no doubt need to improve against both play action and stopping the run.

We knew it would be tough for Burrow. We knew the offensive line would be shaky. This is a young group. It'll take time.

I'm definitely looking at 3 things in the draft next year: Right Tackle, Corner, Pass Rusher. We are getting zero pass rush. We are having to throw everything at offensive lines and still get little pressure. We need Geno. But we need a young, elite pass rusher to give our defense an edge.

Overall the team needs to get better. These guys are learning, though. They'll keep improving and next year's draft class should help a lot to set us up to contend next year I hope.

Next year, next year, next year. I’m tired of hearing that
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:10 AM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: I want to see AJ bounce back.

Better call Bill & Ted.

Forgot about being worth top 2 money.  Your best hope is the dude is even in the top 40.
Reply/Quote
They are gonna get him killed. I only needed 2 games to see that he is a million times better than Dalton..
Reply/Quote
The problem with this organization starts at the top. Mike Brown and the nepotism/penny pinching FO. No scouting for forever. Poor practice facilities. Zero accountability.

I mean, there is some hope. Burrow is legit. Reader & Alexander look pretty good. Jordan & Sample are improved. CJ looked good before he got hurt. Wilson is the best KR in the league. Simmons is a great ST coach.

Geno will help some, but we have no pass rush. The OL is mediocre on the left and @$$ on the right. Tackling is still an issue. And our poor OL play renders Mixon and downfield passing moot.

In short, our defense does not threaten our opponent's offense, and our offense cannot threaten their defense. Everyobe is downhill on us. All the time. Both sides of the ball.

That has 2-14 to 4-12 written all over it. Even with a good QB.
Reply/Quote

Except missing throws over 20 yards.. he played better but still yet to throw well down field. 
Reply/Quote

I agree, makes me cringe. I thought the team did very well. Defense showed a lot of weakness we didn’t see last week, but one hellova goal line stance. Sample did well. Green is not as sharp as the past, but will get there. Bullock had a great game too. Burrow (our rookie QB) made great strides today and also learned valuable lessons. Zac was much better in time management and we clawed back into this game as a team. I loved this game and I’m ok with the outcome.

We will be fine.

Reply/Quote
Is Eric Bieniemy still in Duke's call history?
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
I thought no rookie mini camp and no preseason games meant rookie QB is supposed to come in and dominate........11111111!!!!!!!!! daFUq???? We were 2-14 last year rookie with no NFL experience should be able to get insta wins with this team.!!
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:04 AM)michaelsean Wrote: A lot if good QBs are drafted by very bad teams. The Bengals are no less deserving of their pick.

This.

Peyton told him that his first year would be rough.  Number one overall picks don't generally go to playoff contenders.  

I'm looking for an 03 kind of season here.  With the lack of offseason, it will take time to see the full picture.  At the end of the year, things could look a lot different than they do now, and as far as the most important factor is concerned (Burrow), things aren't exactly bad.  Things will suck, then they'll win a game or two we don't expect them to.  Then confidence builds.

If this isn't the case, and Burrow continues to play well surrounded by a lackluster roster, I look for them to be aggressive in addressing it.  Zac isn't the face of the team.  Burrow is.  Ownership wants wants a new stadium deal, and that hinges on Burrow and his viability as a marketable asset.  If we see tonight repeat on a loop throughout the year, I think Taylor's replacement is highly likely.  

If they screw up an apparent sure thing like Burrow, then they're done as a franchise.
Reply/Quote