Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This should answer a few questions.
About how the team is going to treat the new coaching staff, with regard to the draft process.

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2019/01/28/bengals-new-head-coach-duke-tobin-2019-nfl-draft-process/?fbclid=IwAR2s89rn4DPpxQk4gQnfvhRZyux-WcQmEMY2rS_dlEMCcMzkCR1J769EIi0&_branch_match_id=610473570075026453

Quote:Bengals director of player personnel Duke Tobin shot that idea down: “We’re not looking to bring somebody in and restrict them in any way. And so when you get a whole new staff, sometimes you get new ideas and new thoughts that are worthwhile. That’s part of the process we’re going through right now. We certainly welcome new thoughts and new ideas and we’re flexible to incorporate those.”
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Well. That all but makes it official.

Mike Brown has officially stepped down Cool Cool
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2019, 11:38 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Well. That all but makes it official.

Mike Brown has officially stepped down Cool Cool

Yep, and news has it, He sold his 95 Lumina for a new Impala
Reply/Quote
The proof is in the proverbial pudding. We'll see how it pans out. It's easy to say the head coach will have the final say-so and plenty of people might even buy that hook, line and sinker. Myself? I want to actually see the coach being permitted to have the final word. (Not that we'll actually be in the room when decisions are made) I seriously doubt Mikey has rolled over to die to just leave everything up to someone else. I won't buy that until we read his obituary and see his carcass actually in the box with 6 feet of dirt piled into the hole.  Who me? Skeptical? Never! ..  Nervous
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2019, 11:56 PM)bengals73 Wrote: Yep, and news has it, He sold his 95 Lumina for a new Impala

Hilarious  I'll believe it when I see it. Those things start at around $28G. Maybe a used one.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
I can't wait to see how this all plays out. I'm going to stay optimistic about it.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2019, 11:06 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: About how the team is going to treat the new coaching staff, with regard to the draft process.

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2019/01/28/bengals-new-head-coach-duke-tobin-2019-nfl-draft-process/?fbclid=IwAR2s89rn4DPpxQk4gQnfvhRZyux-WcQmEMY2rS_dlEMCcMzkCR1J769EIi0&_branch_match_id=610473570075026453

Hopefully we'll be better at drafting OTs now. I believe we actually need three of them.

Reply/Quote
So it sounds like they're keeping the approach of draft by committee.
Reply/Quote
Like I said in another thread, this is the freaking longest week of my life! I can't wait until all the coaching staff is picked and hear the new direction by the new coach. exciting! Excited
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(01-29-2019, 06:56 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: Like I said in another thread, this is the freaking longest week of my life! I can't wait until all the coaching staff is picked and hear the new direction by the new coach. exciting! Excited

Yeah, me too. Getting a new coach for many has been a long time coming. For me, I really wasn’t done with Merv till 2016 I think? Either way, this is going to be exciting regardless how it all pans out.

Reply/Quote
(01-29-2019, 01:12 AM)Benton Wrote: So it sounds like they're keeping the approach of draft by committee.

Yeah, I may have oversold the headline a bit.  Should have went with "This answers one question, at least.".   LOL

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2019, 12:35 AM)Shady Wrote: Hilarious  I'll believe it when I see it. Those things start at around $28G. Maybe a used one.

Man, things must be pricey in Idaho! lol

I don't think an Impala SS in 1996, was worth that much, brand new LOL (absolutely adore that vehicle).

Do they even still make the Impala? We don't have any here in Canada, aside from the run of mid 2000s ones that were super popular.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2019, 06:56 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: Like I said in another thread, this is the freaking longest week of my life! I can't wait until all the coaching staff is picked and hear the new direction by the new coach. exciting! Excited

I’m just sitting back and enjoying the ride. I think Marvin is a really good football coach. We’ll never know hue hamstrung he may have been here and I certainly wish he would have had more postseason success.

But it was time for a change and I’m actually excited about a bengals offseason that’s not just centered around the draft

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2019, 11:56 PM)bengals73 Wrote: Yep, and news has it, He sold his 95 Lumina for a new Impala

Man, I guess that means I'll have to make a new emoji to replace this one.  [Image: Lp44oY4.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2019, 10:09 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Man, things must be pricey in Idaho! lol

I don't think an Impala SS in 1996, was worth that much, brand new LOL (absolutely adore that vehicle).

Do they even still make the Impala? We don't have any here in Canada, aside from the run of mid 2000s ones that were super popular.

Yea, they still make them. Probably my favorite type of car (in my price range lol). Those 3.8 liters were bullet proof. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2019, 11:01 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Yea, they still make them. Probably my favorite type of car (in my price range lol). Those 3.8 liters were bullet proof. 

We bought my wife an Impala back in 2015, great car.  Going on 4 years old, not a single issue so far.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2019, 11:01 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Yea, they still make them. Probably my favorite type of car (in my price range lol). Those 3.8 liters were bullet proof. 

You can purchase one of the last impalas this year before they are put to sleep forever.

https://www.chron.com/cars/article/Cars-that-will-be-discontinued-in-2019-13421698.php
Reply/Quote

(01-29-2019, 11:10 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: We bought my wife an Impala back in 2015, great car.  Going on 4 years old, not a single issue so far.

Yup; when they re-imagined it in the 2000s, my uncle rented a lot of cars to drive from Sudbury, down to Toronto (a 3 1/2-4 hour drive, which his actual car couldn't handle and was worse on fuel) and he always said that he was super happy to get Impalas, as they were built tough (all metal, no plastic), good on fuel and comfortable for the long trip.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2019, 06:56 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: Like I said in another thread, this is the freaking longest week of my life!  I can't wait until all the coaching staff is picked and hear the new direction by the new coach.  exciting!   Excited

This is me,  I've been counting the days for the last 2 weeks,  everyday,  when I wake up,  I say another day down,  getting closer to finding out about our new coaching staff.  I can't wait to see who the new OC the new DC are,  I mean officially!!  It feels like when I was a kid leading up to christmas day!!
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2019, 01:12 AM)Benton Wrote: So it sounds like they're keeping the approach of draft by committee.

To me it sounds like a lot of decisions will be made by committee not just the draft.
Reply/Quote