Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This should answer a few questions.
(01-29-2019, 10:09 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Man, things must be pricey in Idaho! lol

I don't think an Impala SS in 1996, was worth that much, brand new LOL (absolutely adore that vehicle).

Do they even still make the Impala? We don't have any here in Canada, aside from the run of mid 2000s ones that were super popular.

Pretty sure they do still make them.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2019, 02:46 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Pretty sure they do still make them.

They are stopping production in March.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2018/11/26/gm-general-motors-chevrolet-volt-cruze-impala/2114114002/
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2019, 11:06 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: About how the team is going to treat the new coaching staff, with regard to the draft process.

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2019/01/28/bengals-new-head-coach-duke-tobin-2019-nfl-draft-process/?fbclid=IwAR2s89rn4DPpxQk4gQnfvhRZyux-WcQmEMY2rS_dlEMCcMzkCR1J769EIi0&_branch_match_id=610473570075026453

Just what i wanted to hear. This is exactly how they should go about it.

This is the way we might have a shot at a Championship, let the new coach make the decisions.

Don't hamper the man.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2019, 03:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Just what i wanted to hear. This is exactly how they should go about it.

This is the way we might have a shot at a Championship, let the new coach make the decisions.

Don't hamper the man.

That is how I took it, as well.  Hopefully this will mean the end of Mike Brown putting his foot down for the pick he likes, or bozo's like Paul Alexander pounding on the table for a guy like Ogbuehi.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Really our shot at a championship is if we can catch lightening in a bottle like we did with the drafts that got us Green and Atkins. We need to string 2-3 of those together.

And, thing is...we won't know it at the time. People didn't know Geno would be great.
Reply/Quote
3 things I'm looking for to prove MB has stepped away are

1) What they do in free agency
  No more waiting 2 weeks to sign a tier 5 castoff. Make a serious effort to bring in proven talent that fills positions of need and fit         the scheme and culture.

2) Quit drafting 11 players every year.
     Use draft picks to move around the board. If they need a 1st round OT and LB, go get them. Trade back into the round to get them. Be smart about it. Also, move down if that's what their draft board dictates. No reaching. If this means getting more scouts to get the info they need then do it.

3) Quit blowing smoke up fan's *****.
    Let us know that they know X, Y, or Z is a problem and that they are at least working on a way to improve whatever the shortcoming might be.

I guess what I'm looking for is a new sense of boldness in designing and then executing a coherent plan to put together a team capable of winning championships.

Didn't mean to ramble... just anxious to see if the winds of change are real or just another case of throwing darts and seeing where it lands.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2019, 10:01 PM)Starvin Marvin Wrote: 3 things I'm looking for to prove MB has stepped away are

No more waiting 2 weeks to sign a tier 5 castoff. Make a serious effort to bring in proven talent that fills positions of need and fit         the scheme and culture.

Use draft picks to move around the board. If they need a 1st round OT and LB, go get them. Trade back into the round to get them. Be smart about it. Also, move down if that's what their draft board dictates. No reaching. If this means getting more scouts to get the info they need then do it.

Let us know that they know X, Y, or Z is a problem and that they are at least working on a way to improve whatever the shortcoming might be.

I guess what I'm looking for is a new sense of boldness in designing and then executing a coherent plan to put together a team capable of winning championships.

Didn't mean to ramble... just anxious to see if the winds of change are real or just another case of throwing darts and seeing where it lands.

Well said, and welcome to the Boards!  I think that many of us can agree with the items that you have listed, as well as your reasonings behind them.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2019, 03:38 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That is how I took it, as well.  Hopefully this will mean the end of Mike Brown putting his foot down for the pick he likes, or bozo's like Paul Alexander pounding on the table for a guy like Ogbuehi.

Damn rights man.

(01-29-2019, 05:44 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Really our shot at a championship is if we can catch lightening in a bottle like we did with the drafts that got us Green and Atkins. We need to string 2-3 of those together.

And, thing is...we won't know it at the time. People didn't know Geno would be great.

Definately need to get lucky even if i really don't believe in luck. I liked the Geno pick at the time but you are right, didn't know that he would be what he has become. HOF type player and could be argued when he is on he is the best at his position, need to help him out and have some of the other guys take doubles away from him.

(01-29-2019, 10:01 PM)Starvin Marvin Wrote: 3 things I'm looking for to prove MB has stepped away are

That is a good ramble, i agree, need to see all of this come to fruition.

I think it will, but that is just me thinking it will. Think all the signs have been pointing this way...
Reply/Quote
I'm more of a modern Jaguar person myself but to each their own.

I did like the 95 and 96 big body SS.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2019, 10:01 PM)Starvin Marvin Wrote: 3 things I'm looking for to prove MB has stepped away are

Spot on !

They have to quit trying to put a bandaid on holes in the team in free agency. They have to quit acting like these precious comp picks are solid gold ! What maybe 1 out of 10 see any real playing time ?
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2019, 10:09 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Man, things must be pricey in Idaho! lol

I don't think an Impala SS in 1996, was worth that much, brand new LOL (absolutely adore that vehicle).

Do they even still make the Impala? We don't have any here in Canada, aside from the run of mid 2000s ones that were super popular.

Too pricey for Mike Brown. 

I remember when 1965-66 Impala were all the rage with hot rod enthusiasts. I used to live near Edgewater Drag Strip. Lots of guys from high school were into suping up those old muscle cars. Of course, they weren't too old "back in the day." 

Mike's new ride?

[Image: 4898431534_4219ed1bf8_b.jpg]
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2019, 07:30 PM)Shady Wrote: Too pricey for Mike Brown. 

I remember when 1965-66 Impala were all the rage with hot rod enthusiasts. I used to live near Edgewater Drag Strip. Lots of guys from high school were into suping up those old muscle cars. Of course, they weren't too old "back in the day." 

Mike's new ride?

That is a handsome vehicle.
Reply/Quote

Mike's new ride?

Back in the 80's, it seemed as all the classic Chevrolet enthusiasts all suddenly decreed the '64 Impala as the car of the purist.  Soon after, the '65 and '66's started escalating in value.  Who knows?  I could be wrong.  It could have just been a false escalation in value, due to a shortage of models in circulation, due to the surge in Latino affinity for turning them into low riders?  

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2019, 08:58 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Back in the 80's, it seemed as all the classic Chevrolet enthusiasts all suddenly decreed the '64 Impala as the car of the purist.  Soon after, the '65 and '66's started escalating in value.  Who knows?  I could be wrong.  It could have just been a false escalation in value, due to a shortage of models in circulation, due to the surge in Latino affinity for turning them into low riders?  

Yeah, I'd suspect that latter to be very true. Chevy's just go well with hydraulics. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
So we went outside of the organization to land a pretty hot name, and that guy is starting out with more power than Marv (got to pick his entire staff + has major say in personnel)? Gotta love it.

Rock On
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Mike's new ride?

that is so beautiful car
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2019, 08:58 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Back in the 80's, it seemed as all the classic Chevrolet enthusiasts all suddenly decreed the '64 Impala as the car of the purist.  Soon after, the '65 and '66's started escalating in value.  Who knows?  I could be wrong.  It could have just been a false escalation in value, due to a shortage of models in circulation, due to the surge in Latino affinity for turning them into low riders?  

[Image: il_570xN.1078616617_b00h.jpg]

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

Suddenly I am humming Santana.......
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2019, 04:09 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Suddenly I am humming Santana.......

Actually, Low Rider was by the group WAR.  But anyway, now I've got the opening scene to Up In Smoke, playing endlessly in my head.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2019, 07:37 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Actually, Low Rider was by the group WAR.  But anyway, now I've got the opening scene to Up In Smoke, playing endlessly in my head.

Dave ? Dave's not here
Reply/Quote