Poll: who do you prefer in the WC round?
This poll is closed.
Patriots
82.05%
32 82.05%
Ravens
17.95%
7 17.95%
Total 39 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This should be an easy question...
But who would you rather see in the WC round?

1. Mac Jones and the hoodie, or
2. A fully rested Lamar Jackson, who the Bengals know very well.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I think one team is categorically worse than the other, especially if Lamar Jackson is involved. I also believe that, even if the Bengals are also categorically better than both teams, the Ravens present a unique difficulty when played in consecutive weeks. AFC North games are so often physical slugfests that avoiding one of those would be great. The Patriots might not be all that different stylistically though.
Reply/Quote
Well Jackson is too fast and I don't think the hoodie can block me, so.... #1
Ninja

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
The most redundant scenario available...

Patriots, Steelers, and Dolphins all lose in week 18. Regardless of anything else that happens:

Bengals vs. Ravens twice in a row
Bills vs. Patriots twice in a row
Reply/Quote
The votes are kinda surprising. Lamar is DJ Reader's beyotch.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Patriots because that means Buffalo lost to them and so we would be the 2 seed.
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
The Patriots are a notably worse team, who we have already beat this season, than a Lamar Jackson led Ravens. I expect Lamar to be back for the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
This legit hard to answer.

I think Lamar and the ravens only cause he might be rusty and a bit off his game.

I'm not a Lamar hater. I think he's awesome and really fun to watch play I just think coming off an injury might be better than having to face BB.
Reply/Quote
If they played their second Ravens game Week 15 or something, or if they could rest their starters for Week 18 because they didn't have this coin flip BS, I would probably actually vote Ravens.

Don't like having to win 2 straight games against the same team, though, so Patriots would be preferred. (Extra bonus benefit of I think the Patriots being in the playoffs means the Steelers aren't. Lol)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I went with the Patriots. I dislike playing the same team twice back to back. Brings back bad jets memories. I'm also wary of playing Lamar. Not sure what's up with his knee. Will he be 100 percent healthy now or will he still have issues with his knee. He wants to get paid so will he risk more injury this late in the year if his knee is still bothering him? I saw an article that said a source said there was a strong chance he plays in the playoffs but it mentioned that he's still dealing with swelling in his knee.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 11:09 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: If they played their second Ravens game Week 15 or something, or if they could rest their starters for Week 18 because they didn't have this coin flip BS, I would probably actually vote Ravens.

Don't like having to win 2 straight games against the same team, though, so Patriots would be preferred. (Extra bonus benefit of I think the Patriots being in the playoffs means the Steelers aren't. Lol)

Yes I will be rooting for the Browns today as I do not want the Steelers to get into the playoffs. Even though I don't think there is any chance we play them unless we met in the AFC championship game.
Reply/Quote
I’d rather play the Patriots, but I think we will be fine either way. If Lamar does play, I doubt he’s fully healthy. The media has still noticed him with a limp as recently as this week. he hasn’t played in over a month and I expect rust and chemistry will be an issue. He is however more dynamic than anything the Patriots have, so the Patriots is the answer.
Reply/Quote
Toss up for me. They are very similar teams right now. Defense being their strength. Either way we should win so I don’t care. I’m more interested in bengals bills in round 2.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 11:22 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Yes I will be rooting for the Browns today as I do not want the Steelers to get into the playoffs. Even though I don't think there is any chance we play them unless we met in the AFC championship game.

Absolutely hope the Browns beat the Steelers...

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=11866262]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 10:57 AM)Garrus Wrote: Patriots because that means Buffalo lost to them and so we would be the 2 seed.

Exactly. 
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 05:59 AM)Wyche Wrote: The votes are kinda surprising. Lamar is DJ Reader's beyotch.

That's the X factor. Regular season Lamar and playoff Lamar are two different guys. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 10:57 AM)Garrus Wrote: Patriots because that means Buffalo lost to them and so we would be the 2 seed.
It also means the Steelers didn't make the playoffs
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I'm going with Patriots. I want to see Lou send Apple on blitz after blitz into Jones' knees
Reply/Quote
I picked the Patriots. The Ravens are a better team, and I don't like double dipping teams 2 weeks in a row. THe minus with the patriots is they have the hoodie, and if their players are clicking add to it the hoodie's coaching prowess, I can see us easily losing the game.

But if with all cylinders running on both teams, I think we beat the Patriots and should. Better overall.
Reply/Quote
I'd rather face the Patriots, but the is due to Baltimore's defense. I don't trust them to nit purposely injure Burrow.
Reply/Quote