Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This staff wouldn't be employed at a local high school.
LOL how bad is this staff?? Lol I can't even straight face them, awful.. they wouldn't still be hired at most high schools... Lol TERRIBLE STAFF.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 09:48 AM)740Bengal Wrote: LOL how bad is this staff?? Lol I can't even straight face them, awful..  they wouldn't still be hired at most high schools... Lol TERRIBLE STAFF.

Is there some sort of "Drama Queen of the Year" contest going on that I did not hear about?
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 01:56 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Is there some sort of "Drama Queen of the Year" contest going on that I did not hear about?

Agreed the OP is way over the top.  With that said. Down 2 scores and punting with 3 min left is basically forfeiting.   I don't care if it's 4th & 24 (see Freddie Mitchell) you have to go for the win. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The only thing that upset me from a coaching standpoint yesterday was the play selection when we got stopped on the goaline and after going down 19-14 coming out with 3 straight passes. Other than that I thought they did fine. If we execute on the goaline it changes the dynamic of that game imo.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 02:40 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Agreed the OP is way over the top.  With that said. Down 2 scores and punting with 3 min left is basically forfeiting.   I don't care if it's 4th & 24 (see Freddie Mitchell) you have to go for the win. 

Not to mention they ran it on 1st and 2nd down when they were down 2 scores before the 3rd down sack , they were huddling not even attempting to run a no huddle / 2 min offense. The shotgun formation /end zone fade play on 3rd and goal was mind boggling. Did the same thing in Dallas the previous week down 28-0 trying to run the football.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 02:46 PM)brian5562 Wrote: The only thing that upset me from a coaching standpoint yesterday was the play selection when we got stopped on the goaline and after going down 19-14 coming out with 3 straight passes. Other than that I thought they did fine. If we execute on the goaline it changes the dynamic of that game imo.

Meh...If you score there you do not get the ball back and the score on the next possession after they were pinned...Either way it was most likely 7 points...

The part that I got pissed about was getting the ball back with about 4 minutes and down 11 and running the ball...I know GIO had a nice run and then he got tackled for a loss or no gain....We need 2 scores...there was no urgency at all that I could see on that drive....Same goes for the Dallas game last week when we recovered the fumble...I hope some of you see this also...
Reply/Quote
Fred works on the staff or something. Would you fire anyone in an 0-16 year? Would you wait for the year to be over?
How about if our coach goes 0-20 in the playoffs? What's your breaking point?
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 01:56 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Is there some sort of "Drama Queen of the Year" contest going on that I did not hear about?

No just gotta keep grinding though, and we did some things better, we gotta move forward,  its going to be a grind, we need to do better, gotta keep grinding. 
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 03:35 PM)740Bengal Wrote: No just gotta keep grinding though, and we did some things better, we gotta move forward,  its going to be a grind, we need to do better, gotta keep grinding. 

*CLAP* Let's go.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 02:46 PM)brian5562 Wrote: The only thing that upset me from a coaching standpoint yesterday was the play selection when we got stopped on the goaline and after going down 19-14 coming out with 3 straight passes. Other than that I thought they did fine. If we execute on the goaline it changes the dynamic of that game imo.

The goal line debacle early in the game irritated me more than anything.  Horrible play calling followed up by terrible execution.  The latter of which doesn't have to happen if put in the best position to succeed.  Guess the QB sneak is not in the playbook when you need 4 inches?
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 03:42 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: The goal line debacle early in the game irritated me more than anything.  Horrible play calling followed up by terrible execution.  The latter of which doesn't have to happen if put in the best position to succeed.  Guess the QB sneak is not in the playbook when you need 4 inches?

No third down fades are much higher percentage plays.  Ninja
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Last week multiple members here where crying their eyes out because we had no called a fade to Green in the red one.

Now we call one and the same people are crying because it was such a stupid call.

Typical.
Reply/Quote
Swings and roundabouts...

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 05:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Last week multiple members here where crying their eyes out because we had no called a fade to Green in the red one.

Now we call one and the same people are crying because it was such a stupid call.

Typical.

It's not a call you make on 3rd down. 
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 06:43 PM)740Bengal Wrote: It's not a call you make on 3rd down. 

Why?
Reply/Quote
Bringing Coyle back and keeping Paul Alexander around are two bad moves.

Teams have already fired coordinators. So firing a position coach or two mid season wouldn't really be a big deal.
Reply/Quote
The local high school has a really crappy football team, so I disagree. Your point is well taken, though.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 06:56 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Bringing Coyle back and keeping Paul Alexander around are two bad moves.

Coyle was one of the best position coaches we had.  Don't know why it was a bad idea to bring him back as a position coach after he failed as a DC.  Bringing him back as a DC would have been a bad idea, b ut that is not what we did.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 09:48 AM)740Bengal Wrote: LOL how bad is this staff?? Lol I can't even straight face them, awful..  they wouldn't still be hired at most high schools... Lol TERRIBLE STAFF.

For the most part correct, unless there was an immediate opening for a piano teacher with horse teeth.

Yeah, I went there.
Reply/Quote
Fred is comical, he always defends the coaching, always
Reply/Quote