Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This staff wouldn't be employed at a local high school.
(10-18-2016, 09:42 AM)muskiesfan Wrote: I know it's blasphemous to even hint at the fact that certain players on this team make mistakes, but that fade hit Green in the face. It was a catchable ball. I understand coverage was tight and that Green was in a hand battle with the DB, but it hit him in the face. That's not trying to knock Green in any way. Just that the ball could've been caught. The worse decision was running Gio 3 times down there. Put Dalton in the shotgun and let him decide to pass or run. That would be the best chance to score. Instead, we're focused on forcing a run game that absolutely sucks.

It's hard to catch a football when the DB is holding your arms down.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 09:46 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: I could have coached the 05 team to the playoffs. The OL was dominant, we had one of the best QBs in the league at the time, we had a good RB and we had Chad and Housh too. The defense still wasn't very good though.

Marvin kept his job for 6 years because he kept the team at .500. Not bad enough to get fired (for the Bengals at the time) and won the division in 05 due to having a super bowl caliber team.

Hilarious Hilarious

You think the '05 team had a Super Bowl defense?

LMAO LMAO
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 09:54 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Hilarious Hilarious

LMAO LMAO

Lol where did I say that? Can you comprehend what I wrote or do I have to write it again in a different way?
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 09:54 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Hilarious Hilarious

LMAO LMAO

4 of the last 10 superbowl champions had a defense ranked in the bottom half of the league. Three were 20th or worse.  Mellow
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 10:07 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: 4 of the last 10 superbowl champions had a defense ranked in the bottom half of the league. Three were 20th or worse.  Mellow

How many were 28th or worse?
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 10:27 AM)fredtoast Wrote: How many were 28th or worse?

Less than 200 yards separated 25th - 29th in 2005. Care to guess which team lead the league in takeaways that year? 

Either way he didn't say that the 05 defense was superbowl caliber. The team overall can be argued that it was. Or we can just say Marvin Lewis is a miracle worker and without him we'd be 0-16 every single year.  Mellow
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 07:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am not the one claiming that a successful NFL coaching staff could not get a job with a high school.

I don't mind discussing problems that we have with our coaching staff.  Problem is that I can't find many people where who want to (or can) discuss it like a fellow adult.

Most fans don't want to discuss any real problems.  Instead all they want to do is see who can squeal the loudest or be the biggest drama queen.

They don't care what dec isions Marvin makes.  they hate him more for his attitude in press conferences.

And apparently the worst thing about Paul Alexander is the fact that he plays the piano.  I never realized it was such a horrible thing to play the piano, but that is the one thing all the haters bring up in every post. 

it is like there are nothing but children here.

Marvin folds under pressure, and always has.  He's never gotten this team ready to play at a high level when it counts the most.  

And the worst thing about Paul Alexander is definitely NOT that he plays the piano.  It's that he is bad at his job.  Oh, damn, I forgot fred, he was once invited to speak at some random coaches clinic, so nvm.  Him playing the piano just makes him an annoying nerd.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 05:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Last week multiple members here where crying their eyes out because we had no called a fade to Green in the red one.

Now we call one and the same people are crying because it was such a stupid call.

Typical.

People will complain about everything if it doesn't result in success.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 05:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Last week multiple members here where crying their eyes out because we had no called a fade to Green in the red one.

Now we call one and the same people are crying because it was such a stupid call.

Typical.

Same people?  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 02:46 PM)brian5562 Wrote: The only thing that upset me from a coaching standpoint yesterday was the play selection when we got stopped on the goaline and after going down 19-14 coming out with 3 straight passes. Other than that I thought they did fine. If we execute on the goaline it changes the dynamic of that game imo.

Here is a play I'm surprised we don't see more often. Gruden ran this before he left, or Dalton audibled;  Goal line play with FB and HB. 

Dalton fakes handoff to HB, bootlegs unouched, no defensive player in zip code area.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 07:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am not the one claiming that a successful NFL coaching staff could not get a job with a high school.

I don't mind discussing problems that we have with our coaching staff.  Problem is that I can't find many people where who want to (or can) discuss it like a fellow adult.

Most fans don't want to discuss any real problems.  Instead all they want to do is see who can squeal the loudest or be the biggest drama queen.

They don't care what dec isions Marvin makes.  they hate him more for his attitude in press conferences.

And apparently the worst thing about Paul Alexander is the fact that he plays the piano.  I never realized it was such a horrible thing to play the piano, but that is the one thing all the haters bring up in every post. 

it is like there are nothing but children here.

Really? That's such BS. First off, if there was a drama queen contest around here you'd be the first to know since you seem to always be the one kicking it off. I've never criticized the coaches for the things you are complaining about others for doing yet that's never stopped you from swooping in with your timeless adage that "I trust the guys who are NFL coaches know more than anybody on these boards," lame argument.

You're one of the quickest posters on here for attacking other people who post their opinions. You accuse people of squealing and being drama queens but that's exactly what your post is. How about the next time somebody criticizes the coaching staff you actually do have an adult conversation instead of trying to make people feel stupid just because they are not NFL coaches.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2016, 03:32 AM)Stonyhands Wrote:   How about the next time somebody criticizes the coaching staff you actually do have an adult conversation instead of trying to make people feel stupid just because they are not NFL coaches.

That is exactly what I do.  I post more stats and facts to back up my position than anyone else here.

This thread ia a perfect example.  Do you honestly believe that the Bengals coaching staff is worse than local high school coaches?  If not then why don't you disagree with the OP?  I'll tell you why.  None of you want to actually look at facts.  Instead you all just want to pat each other on the back and brag about how all of you are smarter than NFL coaches.  You like bitching and moaning more than actually looking at facts.  Look back through this thread.  Some of you actually admit that you would rather "vent" than really discuss the issues.  It is silly.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2016, 09:00 AM)fredtoast Wrote: That is exactly what I do.  I post more stats and facts to back up my position than anyone else here.

This thread ia a perfect example.  Do you honestly believe that the Bengals coaching staff is worse than local high school coaches?  If not then why don't you disagree with the OP?  I'll tell you why.  None of you want to actually look at facts.  Instead you all just want to pat each other on the back and brag about how all of you are smarter than NFL coaches.  You like bitching and moaning more than actually looking at facts.  Look back through this thread.  Some of you actually admit that you would rather "vent" than really discuss the issues.  It is silly.

What I said was that this staff, most particularly Marvin Lewis wouldn't still have a job at a high school! Also on 2nd thought, yes Ive seen high school coaches with better discipline and emotion. 
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2016, 09:00 AM)fredtoast Wrote: That is exactly what I do.  I post more stats and facts to back up my position than anyone else here.

You want to discuss facts then quit inserting your opinion that people whom you do not know, know less than other people you do not know. Additionally just because some one has a job title does not mean they are qualified to do said job.

Additionally, some people myself included, do not live in a bubble of Bengal fans. Thanks to the magic of the internet Bengal fans from all over the world can get together in an online forum and vent their frustrations to people with the same interests. We obviously all are not going to agree on everything but in the end we all want the same thing.
Reply/Quote