Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This team SUCKS because of mainly one thing
(10-22-2018, 08:50 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Conspiracy:
It seems ever since Rose got banned the city has a hex over it.

Nah, we know when it all started.

[Image: bo-jackson.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 08:16 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Ugh. I don’t know. Defense needs a ton of work. Offense has had a bad 2 games. Well, not really even 2.

Dolphins game they werent that good, not bad either, but definitely not good. Who knows how that game would've turned out if the D didn't have 2 TDs and another turnover.
Steelers game they did just enough to have a chance to win. But at same time it was at home against a Steelers defense having a down year. Then they also didn't manage the end of the game well by not shaving off time.
Last night they faced a defense that was on pace to be historically bad. Yet only 10 points and 230 some yards.

We all knew the defense wasn't that good anyways. This team was never going to be carried by the D if they were going to have postseason success. The offense has to carry the team for them to have that.

So right now the offensive arrow is pointing down. And if their arrow is down, then there is absolutely zero chance for this team to do anything because the defense is basically a lost cause.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 08:53 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Nah, we know when it all started.

But that doesn't explain the Reds futility. 

Reply/Quote
Our lb's are weak, but it was the tackling that hurt the D. Get that corrected (if you can mid season with the practice rules) and the D as a whole is serviceable.

I think Austin should have never been hired after watching our 2017 Offense look like the greatest show on turf against them in need of a win to get in the playoffs. That weak Detroit D never scared anyone.

But they tackle and suddenly the D doesn't look so exasperated. In the KC game anyway.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
This team doesn't suck. They are 4-3 and I think they finish with 10 wins. They have weaknesses, and no, they don't tackle well. But they have also shown flashes of being very good. I think some of the struggles on defense come from learning a new scheme. They should have beaten the stealers if they had played smarter on the last drive.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 08:53 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Nah, we know when it all started.

Greg Cook was LONG before the Bo "curse".  As was Stanley Wilson and Tim Krumrie.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 07:53 PM)JWW1971 Wrote: I honestly think Burfict is done, He just looked all over the place and it wont be long until he is suspended again.
I thought we should have cut him before the season started, maybe its time now

I’m curious if now that he’s not pumping his body full of roids that it has changed him mentally or physically on the field.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 09:57 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I’m curious if now that he’s not pumping his body full of roids that it has changed him mentally or physically on the field.

Nah, he doesn't know how to play the game anymore because the rules have drastically changed. 

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 06:14 PM)Big Boss Wrote: I'm genuinely dumbstruck by this team's tackling. Dumbstruck.

It's at a point now where it's third down and I expect the other team to convert. Probably a guy wide open in the middle. Then three of our players proceed to whiff tackles. It's maddening.

Who is responsible for this? Who? We see it week after week and it never gets ***** fixed.

Well you would have been right 75% of the time. 9 for 12.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 08:53 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Nah, we know when it all started.

Nice try, but it all started when Mike Clown ascended to GM and primary owner. Team record is well below .500 since then. Glaring weaknesses and Free Agency are perennially ignored. Championships are not pursued as diligently as tax concessions, contract language wins, and hording draft picks.

The Bengals knew going into the past offseason that the o line and linebacking corps were terrible. The team arguably downgraded at RT and did nothing to improve the lack of LB cover skills. Lo and behold both groups look like crap right now.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 10:12 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Nah, he doesn't know how to play the game anymore because the rules have drastically changed. 

He definitely plays in the wrong era.
Reply/Quote
Burfict doesn’t play in the wrong era, he plays for the wrong team.

If he played for Pitt, NE, GB, Dallas, or any of the other league darlings he’d be fine.

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 06:10 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: and its their linebackers.

The rest of the defense has talent, even though they are under performing. Geno, Dunlap, Bates, WJ3, hell...even Dre. These guys are at least competent. There is just absolutely not talent at the linebacker position.

They can't cover OR tackle. They cant stop the run or the pass. They are AWFUL. Burfict has looked terrible, Preston Brown is trash, and I cant even name their other starter since Vigil went down. Hardy Nickerson is BAD.

The linebackers are softer than Dre Kirkpatrick laying on a bed of cotton balls. When the hell is this team going to learn and draft a competent play maker at linebacker?

KC didnt shred the secondary last night (ok, maybe they did just a tad), but they shredded our LINEBACKERS.

Play Malik Jefferson, hes gotta be better than these LOSERS.

Where the hell is Malik Jefferson anyway? How is this kid not on the field yet.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 10:53 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Burfict doesn’t play in the wrong era, he plays for the wrong team.

If he played for Pitt, NE, GB, Dallas, or any of the other league darlings he’d be fine.

I heard somewhere last week that the Steelers were the most penalized team in the NFL so far.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 10:53 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Burfict doesn’t play in the wrong era, he plays for the wrong team.

He’d never last in NE

I think at this point it’s appropriate to question whether or not steroids really were making him better than he was...because right now he looks bad
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 11:07 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I heard somewhere last week that the Steelers were the most penalized team in the NFL so far.

How many fines and suspensions the last few years?

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 11:17 PM)N_B Wrote: He’d never last in NE

I think at this point it’s appropriate to question whether or not steroids really were making him better than he was...because right now he looks bad

The entire defense has looked bad. Geno was looking good early but even he’s gone MIA.

People are just disappointed Burfict didn’t come in and singlehandedly turn things around. And people that already didn’t like him are making him one of the new forum whipping boys.

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 11:29 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The entire defense has looked bad. Geno was looking good early but even he’s gone MIA.

People are just disappointed Burfict didn’t come in and singlehandedly turn things around. And people that already didn’t like him are making him one of the new forum whipping boys.

Didn’t expect that. Just didn’t expect him to miss tackles, assignments, etc. They haven’t been better at all with him in there
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 11:32 PM)N_B Wrote: Didn’t expect that. Just didn’t expect him to miss tackles, assignments, etc. They haven’t been better at all with him in there

His play has been uneven, but I don’t think he’s been nearly as bad as people are claiming. He was racking up tackles his first couple games back. I’m more annoyed that he’s injured again.

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 11:36 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: His play has been uneven, but I don’t think he’s been nearly as bad as people are claiming. He was racking up tackles his first couple games back. I’m more annoyed that he’s injured again.

Fair enough. You expect a drop off in his play now that he’s off the juice? Just curious, would think so but just speculating
Reply/Quote