Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This team better draft.....
a field goal kicker in the off season or get the best one if one is available in free agency. The Bengals never really had an outstanding kicker in it's history. Mike Brown better make sure it happens for the next season. It has cost this team a lot of games in the past.
Reply/Quote
Tired of losing games because of people who are in half a dozen plays.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The problem in Cincy is more than a kicker. It's a mindset. I'm glad Marvin's been able to pull this franchise out of the grave it saw in the 90's but he plays too conservatively with leads and when he does take risks they are are compounded with stupid decision after stupid decision. I can't help but think every time we're are driving to get the go ahead score all I am thinking about is we are going to screw this up. We play super conservative in field goal range. Why have we lost so many games off of missed field goals...2 reasons:

Our offense doesn't know how to play with a short field. This is due to an inexperienced play caller.

Our kicker sucked and we were too loyal to fix this issue back when the issues started...before the season.

This franchise will continue to be fail until a new coach comes in with experience with winning and the owner releases control to the coach so that he can purge all the coaching on this team.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 01:46 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: The problem in Cincy is more than a kicker.  It's a mindset.  I'm glad Marvin's been able to pull this franchise out of the grave it saw in the 90's but he plays too conservatively with leads and when he does take risks they are are compounded with stupid decision after stupid decision.  I can't help but think every time we're are driving to get the go ahead score all I am thinking about is we are going to screw this up.  We play super conservative in field goal range.  Why have we lost so many games off of missed field goals...2 reasons:

Our offense doesn't know how to play with a short field.  This is due to an inexperienced play caller.  

Our kicker sucked and we were too loyal to fix this issue back when the issues started...before the season.  

This franchise will continue to be fail until a new coach comes in with experience with winning and the owner releases control to the coach so that he can purge all the coaching on this team.

Good luck to Mike Brown relinquishing control of the football players and coaching staff.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 01:24 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Tired of losing games because of people who are in half a dozen plays.

With all due respect, we're losing games for a lot more reasons than that.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 01:24 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Tired of losing games because of people who are in half a dozen plays.

I can't really put this totally on the kicker.  A 43 yarder in a pressure situation after being froze isn't an easy kick, but you'd like to think he could hit it.  This one goes on the offense.  They were pathetic the entire game.  That unit just isn't the same without AJ on the field.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 02:17 AM)Whatever Wrote: I can't really put this totally on the kicker.  A 43 yarder in a pressure situation after being froze isn't an easy kick, but you'd like to think he could hit it.  This one goes on the offense.  They were pathetic the entire game.  That unit just isn't the same without AJ on the field.

Bs it's an easy kick for a professional kicker. No excuses he has to make it.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 02:17 AM)Whatever Wrote: I can't really put this totally on the kicker.  A 43 yarder in a pressure situation after being froze isn't an easy kick, but you'd like to think he could hit it.  This one goes on the offense.  They were pathetic the entire game.  That unit just isn't the same without AJ on the field.

I think the offense would be fine with even an average o-line. 3 more sacks and probably a half dozen near sacks tonight. People wonder why so many short passes. There's really not enough time to sit back, scan and hit intermediate long throws. 

This offense has produced without AJ in the past, but not when Ogbuehi and Bodine are getting rag dolled.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 02:56 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I think the offense would be fine with even an average o-line. 3 more sacks and probably a half dozen near sacks tonight. People wonder why so many short passes. There's really not enough time to sit back, scan and hit intermediate long throws. 

This offense has produced without AJ in the past, but not when Ogbuehi and Bodine are getting rag dolled.

Guys aren't seperating downfield.  Sometimes, the ball is coming out quick due to pressure, but sometimes it's getting checked down because guys aren't getting open.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 02:56 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I think the offense would be fine with even an average o-line. 3 more sacks and probably a half dozen near sacks tonight. People wonder why so many short passes. There's really not enough time to sit back, scan and hit intermediate long throws. 

Agreed.  We can't pin a loss this ugly on any one person or single play.

Our guy missed one long field goal (and their kicker missed a PAT)... it happens. I'm not going to rag on him for one miss, nor would I on Dalton for the interception, or anyone for a missed tackle/coverage, or a fumble.  It still seems like we upgraded significantly with him.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 03:11 AM)Whatever Wrote: Guys aren't seperating downfield.  Sometimes, the ball is coming out quick due to pressure, but sometimes it's getting checked down because guys aren't getting open.

Fair enough. As with most losing seasons, there's a lot of blame to go around, and that held true tonight...but I can't help but feel piss poor blocking is making the offense look a lot worse than it really is. You're right about lack of speed and separation though. I also wonder if Zamp just isn't coming up with anything creative to get these guys some space. Even slow receivers can be schemed open.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 02:56 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I think the offense would be fine with even an average o-line. 3 more sacks and probably a half dozen near sacks tonight. People wonder why so many short passes. There's really not enough time to sit back, scan and hit intermediate long throws. 

I know he gave up 2 sacks but i thought he looked a bit better vs a high quality pass rusher.definitily looked better than at RT
(12-25-2016, 03:13 AM)BoBengal Wrote: Agreed.  We can't pin a loss this ugly on any one person or single play.

Our guy missed one long field goal (and their kicker missed a PAT)... it happens. I'm not going to rag on him for one miss, nor would I on Dalton for the interception, or anyone for a missed tackle/coverage, or a fumble.  It still seems like we upgraded significantly with him.
Well technically hunt got ANOTHER block. Think thats 4 or5 on season.
Reply/Quote
A tackle or 2.
Reply/Quote
The guy from Notre Dame looks bad ass. MIKE MCGLICHEY. looks like future pro bowler. He looks that good. N Nelson the left guard for the Irish is also a first rounder.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 01:46 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: The problem in Cincy is more than a kicker.  It's a mindset.  I'm glad Marvin's been able to pull this franchise out of the grave it saw in the 90's but he plays too conservatively with leads and when he does take risks they are are compounded with stupid decision after stupid decision.  I can't help but think every time we're are driving to get the go ahead score all I am thinking about is we are going to screw this up.  We play super conservative in field goal range.  Why have we lost so many games off of missed field goals...2 reasons:

Our offense doesn't know how to play with a short field.  This is due to an inexperienced play caller.  

Once again, as has often been the case for most of '16, the Bengals appeared to be the better team, but ultimately found a way to lose the game.

GO STRIPES!!!
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 03:24 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Fair enough. As with most losing seasons, there's a lot of blame to go around, and that held true tonight...but I can't help but feel piss poor blocking is making the offense look a lot worse than it really is. You're right about lack of speed and separation though. I also wonder if Zamp just isn't coming up with anything creative to get these guys some space. Even slow receivers can be schemed open.

This is absolutely true. The schemes are the reason that receivers not named Green or Eifert have a difficult time getting separation. Those two are so uniquely talented that they would make even a bad plan look good. Cincy's passing offense has been exposed without them, but it's not because guys like Boyd and LaFell aren't good. They're just not Green (in Boyd's case, not yet.)
GO STRIPES!!!
Reply/Quote
seriously wish they would have picked up a young kicker trying to prove himself and kill kicks through the uprights instead of make them through ...

what was that young guys name/ Hocker? jesus let a young man who wants to play pro ball as a kicker kick for the bengals, not a guy that looks like me who just ate a cheeseburger with 4 patties
Reply/Quote
Bengals need to draft 1 K, 1 RT, 1 C, 2 Athletic LB, 2 S who can tackle, 1 DE, 1 fast WR who can get separation, and 1 TE who can stay healthy.

Do they have 9 draft picks? They need to hit jackpot on them all if they do.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 05:34 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Bengals need to draft 1 K, 1 RT, 1 C, 2 Athletic LB, 2 S who can tackle, 1 DE, 1 fast WR who can get separation, and 1 TE who can stay healthy.

Do they have 9 draft picks? They need to hit jackpot on them all if they do.

Im giving safetys amother year due to williams habing to learn a new position. Lb wise hoping for beckwith and mcmillan. 
Reply/Quote

Agreed. The team is mentally weak!

The kicker will miss an extra point. Remember when we needed a win in Denver to make the playoffs...and they botched the snap on the extra point?

Dalton will turn it over at a bad time.

There will be a costly fumble...ie Hill last year when they just had to run out the clock.

The defense will implode with penalties.

Or, the defense will be stopping them the entire game, then we take the lead and they give up a 3 play scoring drive like last night.

The team finds a way to lose. It's mental weakness...and it's been here since Marvin has.
Reply/Quote