Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This team better draft.....
(12-25-2016, 03:13 AM)BoBengal Wrote: Agreed.  We can't pin a loss this ugly on any one person or single play.

Our guy missed one long field goal (and their kicker missed a PAT)... it happens.  I'm not going to rag on him for one miss, nor would I on Dalton for the interception, or anyone for a missed tackle/coverage, or a fumble.  It still seems like we upgraded significantly with him.

43 yards is not a long field goal for an NFL kicker
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 02:06 AM)samhain Wrote: With all due respect, we're losing games for a lot more reasons than that.

Yes, but we tied one game and lost two others specifically because of the kickers.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 11:47 AM)bengalhoel Wrote: 43 yards is not a long field goal for an NFL kicker

I'm trying to keep an open mind on Bullock for now. They said during the game that he started running towards the ball before it was even snapped. Could just be a timing/repetition thing. Keep in mind he's barely played all year and he's on his 3rd team of the year. He has one more game left to make an impression. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 08:55 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm trying to keep an open mind on Bullock for now. They said during the game that he started running towards the ball before it was even snapped. Could just be a timing/repetition thing. Keep in mind he's barely played all year and he's on his 3rd team of the year. He has one more game left to make an impression. 

I saw that and was wondering if it was a penalty.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The Oline sucked out of the gate against the Jets. They didn't get much better. Andy got pounded more than any other season.

Bodine has to go. We need a new RT. C & RT have to be top priorities. I don't know who the top FA Centers are this year, but we should sign the best available. Otherwise, I think the kid out of Ohio State might be worth a first rounder, but not with the #10 (or earlier) pick in the draft. We might even look for a solid RT in FA as well. I think this team is still very close to being Super Bowl caliber. We can't wait to develop kids out of the draft. Unless there's a kid who can start immediately, I don't think it's worth our time. FA would be ideal to address the OLine. I know. I know. Mike Brown and spending money....

In the first round, we need a difference maker on the field. In Marvin's philosophy, that's just a given with any top 10 pick. The CB out of Michigan (the new Leon Hall) would not shock me, and I wouldn't be too mad. I'd rather have one of the top DEs or LBs, maybe even a WR or RB.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2016, 05:41 AM)Shady Wrote: The Oline sucked out of the gate against the Jets. They didn't get much better.  Andy got pounded more than any other season.

Bodine has to go. We need a new RT. C & RT have to be top priorities. I don't know who the top FA Centers are this year, but we should sign the best available. Otherwise, I think the kid out of Ohio State might be worth a first rounder, but not with the #10 (or earlier) pick in the draft. We might even look for a solid RT in FA as well. I think this team is still very close to being Super Bowl caliber. We can't wait to develop kids out of the draft. Unless there's a kid who can start immediately, I don't think it's worth our time. FA would be ideal to address the OLine. I know. I know. Mike Brown and spending money....

In the first round, we need a difference maker on the field. In Marvin's philosophy, that's just a given with any top 10 pick. The CB out of Michigan (the new Leon Hall) would not shock me, and I wouldn't be too mad. I'd rather have one of the top DEs or LBs, maybe even a WR or RB.

Yeah i love elflien but in the 15-20 range.i think we should draft him anyways bc before this year he was a 2 time all american at guard before he switched to center so if z leaves we have an elite guard. He will be better at center though. If they go corner i would rather have lattimore out of ohio state. Projected at number 8 right now and has tremendous upside. Also wouldnt mind mike williams out of clemson. Dude is a legit number 2. Man i am soooo excited to see that matchup saturday. It will determin who i want mike williams going up against marshawn lattimore. Only problem with lattimore is he will have to sit a year for sure b. This is his firat year. My questionis if hes number 8 right now with 1 year as starter, whats his ceiling?
Reply/Quote