Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This team is fun
I know it's the Jags, but I still seen something different about them tonight, even when they were down 14-0 I knew they weren't out of it and would win. This team is fun.
Reply/Quote
Haha yeah it’s a hell of a ride so far. I fear for my TV though long term. 1st half was so much of the stuff we’ve done so poorly with. Long drives, can’t get off the field on 3rd downs, give up 4ths, gouged on the ground, cut up by rookie QB’s and so on. But that stand on the goal line and then the ‘nut up or shut up’ attitude was great.
Reply/Quote
I'd rather they actually showed up for all 4 quarters but yes a win is a good thing.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hopefully Jessie Bates is ready vs Green Bay.... Brandon Wilson is not a good safety.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Don't look now, but the O-line is suddenly starting to keep Joey B upright and clean. I think Carman has taken the starting job away from Su'a-Fila and is on a nice rookie contract. Jax's D-line ain't chopped liver and he handled his guys just fine..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 01:14 AM)Synric Wrote: Hopefully Jessie Bates is ready vs Green Bay.... Brandon Wilson is not a good safety.

Speaking of Wilson, he is only on this team because of the way he returned kicks last year. Why isn't he doing it this year, or if he is, why is he not even being a factor?
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 01:10 AM)wanga Wrote: Haha yeah it’s a hell of a ride so far. I fear for my TV though long term. 1st half was so much of the stuff we’ve done so poorly with. Long drives, can’t get off the field on 3rd downs, give up 4ths, gouged on the ground, cut up by rookie QB’s and so on. But that stand on the goal line and then the ‘nut up or shut up’ attitude was great.

I couldn't chat on the Game Day thread last night but I still watched the game and throughout the first half, I could only just imagine how doom and gloom the GD thread became. Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Every NFL win is a good win. Jacksonville is not very good but they gave us their best last night. Trevor Lawrence is one hell of an athlete but Joe Burrow is one hell of a quarterback. That was the difference last night.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 01:10 AM)wanga Wrote: Haha yeah it’s a hell of a ride so far. I fear for my TV though long term. 1st half was so much of the stuff we’ve done so poorly with. Long drives, can’t get off the field on 3rd downs, give up 4ths, gouged on the ground, cut up by rookie QB’s and so on. But that stand on the goal line and then the ‘nut up or shut up’ attitude was great.

This D is something SPECIAL. Logan is a BEAST and game changer, give him a good, long contract now.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 01:12 AM)Joelist Wrote: I'd rather they actually showed up for all 4 quarters but yes a win is a good thing.

There is no doubt, the Bengals overall through 4 games have not been as good in half #1. But the good new is they have made adjustments and been very good in half #2. One of my knocks on ML was I did not feel he made great half time adjustments.

I think we have one of the youngest teams in the league. Last night we played without 2 studs, Higgins and Bates, but won. I loved this team never quit, stay calmed and figured out a way to win the game. All wins in the NFL are special. Coming back from 14 down at the half and winning was very special.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 09:59 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: There is no doubt, the Bengals overall through 4 games have not been as good in half #1. But the good new is they have made adjustments and been very good in half #2. One of my knocks on ML was I did not feel he made great half time adjustments.

I think we have one of the youngest teams in the league. Last night we played without 2 studs, Higgins and Bates, but won. I loved this team never quit, stay calmed and figured out a way to win the game. All wins in the NFL are special. Coming back from 14 down at the half and winning was very special.

3 studs..... we were down Awuzie as well.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 01:14 AM)Synric Wrote: Hopefully Jessie Bates is ready vs Green Bay.... Brandon Wilson is not a good safety.

No, he isn't.

(10-01-2021, 11:18 AM)Sled21 Wrote: 3 studs..... we were down Awuzie as well.

Beat me to it

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 01:06 AM)Trademark Wrote: I know it's the Jags, but I still seen something different about them tonight, even when they were down 14-0 I knew they weren't out of it and would win. This team is fun.

I don't know if "fun" is the best term to use. Sometimes they are, but sometimes they are downright frustrating.
I see peaks and valleys with them.
They were terrible the first half, but really good the second half.
I can see this team having those durations of frustration and also durations of really good play throughout the season.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Yes, this years' team is fun, but it was really difficult to watch the first half last night. The defense somehow stopping that fourth-and-one changed the whole game.

Now, when they came out after the second half and soared to a quick TD, I felt confident enough to go to bed thinking the Bengals could somehow win it probably. Well, yeah and in the same way Bengal teams have lost games the last five or six years. I agree with Joe Buck that the defense was tired from last week at Pittsburgh, but somehow held it together long enough and gave the offense a chance to come back.

Yes, the Bengals still might not be able to do anything or go anywhere, but I'm proud and happy to be a fan again.
Reply/Quote
How did anyone go to bed during that game????
Reply/Quote
Scoring out of half every game is actually really impressive. We have played better second half of every game this season for the most part has been a fascinating thing to watch. Half time adjustments aren't really a thing in the NFL at large scale, but slight changes here and there do occur and I think they have done a good job with little changes to the already established game plan.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 12:42 PM)Sled21 Wrote: How did anyone go to bed during that game????

I admittedly turned it off when Lawrence threw that deep ball that got them down to the 5-yard line.  Figured it was about to be 21-0 and I was dead on my feet yesterday.

I ***** hate moving. 
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
As soon as they got that 4th down stop, I knew they had a chance right there to come back. If JAX had kicked the field goal I think we would be kicking for OT. The early missed FG by Evan was huge for momentum—as was the 4th down stop.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 01:27 PM)motoarch Wrote: I hate to use the cliche and over used term culture but it sure is different with Burrow.

I wont credit Taylor for that its all Burrow.  He's a leader and he has the respect of the team in a way Dalton could never have.  I'm not trying to dump on Dalton; I liked him a lot but he didn't have what Burrow has.

He has a mental toughness, wants to win and doesn't fold when things aren't going his way.

Having some young guys around him that weren't part of the Lewis era is for the best.  I loved Gio and AJ, Atkins but it was time to start fresh.  The Bengals have some great new talent on D and we finally have really good LB that was desperately need.  We have one of the top safeties in the league and enough talent across the D line that we don't need one guy to care them by himself (Atkins).  Of course this team is stacked with talent on offense.

I'm not under some delusion that this is going to make a deep playoff run or even make it to the playoffs this season (I would be surprised if they did though) but the future looks bright.  This could be the best Bengals team we've seen in a long, long time.

Im not old on Taylor.  I hope he starts to make some better choices, we'll see.  And despite the success of the last 2 games on not sold on the O line either.  Fix those 2 things and this team is a contender with anyone in the league.

You just don't want to admit you may have been wrong about Taylor. Burrow, for all his command as a leader, did not draft almost nothing but Captains and leaders, and did not bring in major players from organizations with winning traditions to stock the locker room with that mentality. Taylor get a whole lot of credit for changing the culture around here.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 12:42 PM)Sled21 Wrote: How did anyone go to bed during that game????

Well, after halftime I was going to see how the first series went after that huge stand at the end of the first half. If it was "same ol'" 3-and-out, then I might have gotten some sleep. I'm at awake hour #33. I'm so pumped from that comeback.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote