Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This team is fun
(10-01-2021, 02:06 PM)motoarch Wrote: I haven't been generating Taylor hate post on here.  I have zero history of that.  You've cherry picked one sentence and framed it as if its indicative to a pattern and its not.  Read further down my post and it's clear the door is open for me to change my mind.  When Taylor can put together enough evidence for us to think the team is winning because of him and not in-spite of him I'll be the first to change my tune.

Until then its play on the field and the players that will get all the credit.

Weird shit post man.  Did I someone kick your dog this morning?

You were talking about changing the culture. He's the guy that brought in the players.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 03:23 PM)motoarch Wrote: Bringing in players isn't how you change a culture.  It's an administrative task and it's run by a committee and to be honest none of us truly know who has the most influence in that regard as it relates to this organization.

Certainly you can destroy a team culture by choosing the wrong players or build a quality one by bringing the right ones in but picking to bring in Burrow wasn't someone kind of genius move to make a culture correction.  It was most obvious draft decision anyone could have possible expected.  

A culture is a reflection of its members and how they perceive themselves and the respect they have for their leadership.  If a single member of that team stands out and is able to garner the respect of the others his values will be reflected among the group.  If that leader is the coach then so much the better but in this case I feel that its Burrow.  And I feel Burrow has at the least put his trust in Zac and the rest have followed, he sets the tone not Taylor.  If Burrow doesn't do that Zac loses the team.

Burrow has not really had a misstep since he arrived.  He says and does all the right things.  He carries himself with confidence but isn't arrogant, he dosen't ever quit even when a loss is inevitable.  Thats how you earn respect and influence the culture of a locker room.  Other players see that and want it too.

When Zac shows us some more I'll change my tune but after stringing 2 wins together Im not going to just do a 360 on him.

Fans are so quick to over course correct at the flip of a switch.  I swear if we lose to GB everyone will act like the sky is falling all the sudden and jump at the opportunity throw anyone they can under the but.  The overreactions are priceless.  Im not going just decided after what Ive seen over the last 2 season that all the sudden he figured it out and everything's different and he's got the locker room totally invested in a winning culture because of him.  They're invested because Burrows invested.  Burrows invested because he's smart and more emotionally and mentally mature than most kids his age and wants to win.

I could be 100% wrong but man why did you pic this fight and is it worth it? 

I didn't pick an fight, you said the players, specifically Burrow get all the credit for changing the credit and Taylor gets none of it. My point is if Taylor is the reason those players are here, then it's a ridiculous argument.
Reply/Quote
I knew they would come back and win that, Burrow is built different
Reply/Quote
Bengals have moved up to the #4 overall graded team on PFF...for anyone that believes in that stuff.  Cool

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote