Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This team isnt going 8-2
To finish the season and make the playoffs. I made a thread least week optimistic about our chances, but 8-2 seems like an absolute stretch seeing as how we have played all year. We are cooked.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I think you are right.

We might go 9-7 and win the division because Dalton is playing at a very high level and AFC North is having a bad year.  We cannot afford to lose any of the 5 remaining division games.

7-9 or 6-10 are likely far more likely.

If the Browns beat us next Sunday - and I think this is a distinct possibility - the season is over.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 10:13 AM)bengals67 Wrote: I think you are right.

We might go 9-7 and win the division because Dalton is playing at a very high level and AFC North is having a bad year.  We cannot afford to lose any of the 5 remaining division games.

7-9 or 6-10 are likely far more likely.

If the Browns beat us next Sunday - and I think this is a distinct possibility - the season is over.

Absolutely. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
The optimist in me wishes they could pull it off, but the realist in me is saying this is a .500 team at best. There are more holes on this team than swiss cheese, and the second half of the schedule isn't nearly is as easy as some people are saying.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 10:08 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: To finish the season and make the playoffs. I made a thread least week optimistic about our chances, but 8-2 seems like an absolute stretch seeing as how we have played all year. We are cooked.

Yes we are, were going to not only go 8-2 but win the Super Bowl. If you don't think that then maybe you shouldn't be a Bengals fan. Leave...Leave us alone you fake phony fan. We don't need fans like you. Leavvvvvvvvvvvvve

*Thought I would beat the homers to the punch*  LOL LOL LOL

In all seriousness, I see us going 5-5 at BEST, ending the season at 7-9 in best realistic case scenario.

Reply/Quote
Unless they go undefeated in the division the rest of the way, I don't see this team making the playoffs. A wild card spot feels out of reach.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
I was thinking about that this morning on my way to work. It's a long shot. Like literally the longest shot of all time.

Reply/Quote
We've got to get to 4-4. The next 2 games are absolutely critical. They are must wins. If we lose either one of them and start 3-5...the chances of making the playoffs are remote.
Reply/Quote
6-10

Not a very good team this year.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
As I was discussing at a gathering yesterday during the game.....we will deadcat bounce our way out of a top 10 draft pick.  That will be it.  7-9, 8-8.  I gotta say, I was much more pleased with the effort and fire yesterday, than the laying down and playing dead in Dallas the week before.  We are bad at situational football, questionable playcalling, got better by subtraction on the o line yesterday, no adjustments, undisciplined at the most inopportune times......hallmarks of bad coaching.  It's frustrating to say the least.  With real coaching, I think this team could be in the hunt.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
We win out from here out.
Reply/Quote
Not happening with this current coaching staff the goal line blunder was laughable. Gio over hill , shot gun formation on 3rd down followed by a fade to the corner end zone , we paid a fullback this offseason because he was supposedly the best in the league only to replace him with a d-lineman down at the goal line who missed all 3 blocks. Down 11 points with 5 mins left were huddling up and we run on 1st and 2nd down get sacked on 3rd down then punt , ridiculous. Same thing in Dallas last week running the ball down 28-0 attempting a fg from over 50 yards down three touchdowns. Burfict apparently hasn't learned his lesson from last year after hitting Bennet low , Marvin has no control over this team.
Reply/Quote
This is silly. We lost to some of the best teams in the league. Yeah, we probably won't make a run in the playoffs but we should still win in the playoffs. Look at who we lost to. @Steelers, Broncos, @Cowboys, and @Patriots. All of those teams are top teams in the NFL. We could have won most of those games too (other than the Cowboys they beat the shit out of us) if the refs actually called the game fair. The rest of our schedule is a cake walk, especially if Big Ben isn't back when we play the Steelers again. We could easily go 8-2 to finish the year.

We aren't as good as what we were last year, but we are every bit as good as we were in 2014, 2012, or 2011.
Reply/Quote
No, this team is not going to win eight more games this year. If it happens, I will gladly apologize, but I really feel anyone who believes this is slightly delusional.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 01:01 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: This is silly. We lost to some of the best teams in the league. Yeah, we probably won't make a run in the playoffs but we should still win in the playoffs. Look at who we lost to. @Steelers, Broncos, @Cowboys, and @Patriots. All of those teams are top teams in the NFL. We could have won most of those games too (other than the Cowboys they beat the shit out of us) if the refs actually called the game fair. The rest of our schedule is a cake walk, especially if Big Ben isn't back when we play the Steelers again. We could easily go 8-2 to finish the year.

We aren't as good as what we were last year, but we are every bit as good as we were in 2014, 2012, or 2011.

The difference in these games was more than a call here or there from the refs.

-The Bengals offensive line has been pretty bad.
-The Bengals can't run the ball.

Those are 2 really bad issues to have. I could name more.

And to use losing to 4 playoff teams as evidence that we could win a playoff game...when we had opportunities in each of the past 5 years...Some years playing a 6 seed that backed into the playoffs...
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 01:30 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The difference in these games was more than a call here or there from the refs.

-The Bengals offensive line has been pretty bad.
-The Bengals can't run the ball.

Those are 2 really bad issues to have. I could name more.

And to use losing to 4 playoff teams as evidence that we could win a playoff game...when we had opportunities in each of the past 5 years...Some years playing a 6 seed that backed into the playoffs...

I never said I thought we could win a playoff game. I just said I think we could go 8-2 because the teams we are playing aren't anywhere near as good as who we played our first 6 games. We could easily still make the playoffs, but like I said in my above post I don't think we will do anything when we get there.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 01:32 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I never said I thought we could win a playoff game. I just said I think we could go 8-2 because the teams we are playing aren't anywhere near as good as who we played our first 6 games. We could easily still make the playoffs, but like I said in my above post I don't think we will do anything when we get there.

I just don't see an 8-2 finish in this team.

I think it will be more like 6-4 or 5-5.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 11:22 AM)Wyche Wrote: As I was discussing at a gathering yesterday during the game.....we will deadcat bounce our way out of a top 10 draft pick.  That will be it.  7-9, 8-8.  I gotta say, I was much more pleased with the effort and fire yesterday, than the laying down and playing dead in Dallas the week before.  We are bad at situational football, questionable playcalling, got better by subtraction on the o line yesterday, no adjustments, undisciplined at the most inopportune times......hallmarks of bad coaching.  It's frustrating to say the least.  With real coaching, I think this team could be in the hunt.

Pulled that one out of the moth balls. Wink

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
So who are the TV announcers assigned to the shitty teams...
Reply/Quote
Even if the Bengals do make the playoffs this year, they clearly are not as good as they were last year and will not make it to the Super Bowl. They've lost to teams they "should" have lost to, indicating they are not a top team.

Related note: I don't think anyone expected the Cowboys to be as good as they have been, especially with Romo and Dez out for multiple games.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote