Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This team loves former 1st rounders
Another former 1st rounder that's still available and should come cheap is Greg Robinson.

When he was at Auburn, he was a road grading LT but lacked some in pass protection. Nearly everyone thought he'd become an elite franchise LT.
In four years, he's been a bad starting LT for the Rams and Lions, but the more I think about it....would he fit at RT?
He has incredible length and size just like Andre Smith did, and he can (or at least could) move people off the ball in the run game. His style of play I think would fit Pollack's scheme.

Maybe he could be a flier pick to compete with Bobby Hart for the backup RT spot?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
ochocincos Wrote:Another former 1st rounder that's still available and should come cheap is Greg Robinson.

When he was at Auburn, he was a road grading LT but lacked some in pass protection. Nearly everyone thought he'd become an elite franchise LT.
In four years, he's been a bad starting LT for the Rams and Lions, but the more I think about it....would he fit at RT?
He has incredible length and size just like Andre Smith did, and he can (or at least could) move people off the ball in the run game. His style of play I think would fit Pollack's scheme.

Maybe he could be a flier pick to compete with Bobby Hart for the backup RT spot?

He was waived so no comp pick issue, he had elite potential but has been horrible.  I'd like to see what Pollack can do with him.  We know they're going to give reps to guys that haven't performed their best (Hart, Ogbuehi and even Fisher) and in any event you'd have to think they're going to draft at least a mid-round tackle.  In their eyes they may not get the reps they need.  
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2018, 01:30 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Another former 1st rounder that's still available and should come cheap is Greg Robinson.

Sounds like a great move to me. Dude has talent and at RT that might just take away the bad some.

Atleast we could have a guy that is a road grader over there. From what i have heard of Hart he is not the answer.

I bet if we draft a RT Hart will be beat out by a rookie, that is how meh i am on the guy, but Pollack must of seen something in him.

(03-27-2018, 01:54 PM)phil413 Wrote: He was waived so no comp pick issue, he had elite potential but has been horrible.  I'd like to see what Pollack can do with him.  We know they're going to give reps to guys that haven't performed their best (Hart, Ogbuehi and even Fisher) and in any event you'd have to think they're going to draft at least a mid-round tackle.  In their eyes they may not get the reps they need.  

Agreed, would be nice to see what Pollack can do with these early round picks that have failed so far.

They have talent to work with otherwise they wouldn't of been early round picks.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 07:24 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Michael "I held out most of my rookie season" Crabtree?  

Look at it this way.  If Jon friggin Gruden doesn't want him on his team, why should we?  I see selfish, prima dona personality, the type of thing this offense doesn't need to deal with.

Pass

Why is "Jon friggin Gruden" worshipped on this board?  I don't get it.
[Image: sig2.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I'm still hoping Vaccaro is in the mix. Something is up with these safety's.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2018, 11:26 AM)WhoDeyLeisure Wrote: Why is "Jon friggin Gruden" worshipped on this board?  I don't get it.

I don't know exactly why.  However, if I had to guess, I'd say it's because he's so charismatic, seems so animated in his persona, and the fact he won a Superbowl and took another team to one.

You know, pretty much the antithesis of Marvin Lewis.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
jj22 Wrote:I'm still hoping Vaccaro is in the mix. Something is up with these safety's.

He hasn't had the production, I wonder if he's one of those guys that will have to wait until after the draft to get anyone interested.  https://whodatdish.com/2018/03/23/saints-whats-kenny-vaccaro/
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2018, 01:33 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I don't know exactly why.  However, if I had to guess, I'd say it's because he's so charismatic, seems so animated in his persona, and the fact he won a Superbowl and took another team to one.

You know, pretty much the antithesis of Marvin Lewis.

I like him, makes me laugh.

Still remember that Halloween CBS Football Sunday special where Chucky opened up and started talking about his twin. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2018, 05:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I like him, makes me laugh.

Still remember that Halloween CBS Football Sunday special where Chucky opened up and started talking about his twin. Hilarious

Oh yeah, that was some good stuff.  I used to imagine a Bucs/Steelers Superbowl, back at that time.  The camera likely wouldn't be able to stay off the coaches faces.  Jon Gruden = Chucky v.   Bill Cowher = Bitter Beer Face guy.   LOL

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2018, 05:37 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Oh yeah, that was some good stuff.  I used to imagine a Bucs/Steelers Superbowl, back at that time.  The camera likely wouldn't be able to stay off the coaches faces.  Jon Gruden = Chucky  v.   Bill Cowher = Bitter Beer Face guy.   LOL

lol

Of course i am rooting for Chucky vs the guy that doesn't know how to take care of his beer.

A little strangulation to get the circulation going ha ha Hilarious
Reply/Quote