Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This team needs to make SERIOUS changes to its coaching staff.
Full overhaul on each side of the ball.
OC - Zampese should NOT be OC. They should have looked outside the team for a new OC. I'm tired of them promoting from within.
QB coach
WR coach
Offensive Line coach
DB coach

Bill Lazor and Kevin Coyle both came from Miami. Nuff said.

And when it comes right down to it, HC. Marvin Lewis. Lewis has taken them as far as I think he can. Time for somebody that can get them to the next level.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 11:49 PM)GreenDragon Wrote: Full overhaul on each side of the ball.
OC - Zampese should NOT be OC. They should have looked outside the team for a new OC. I'm tired of them promoting from within.
QB coach
WR coach
Offensive Line coach
DB coach

And when it comes right down to it, HC. Marvin Lewis. Lewis has taken them as far as I think he can. Time for somebody that can get them to the next level.

With the manhandling both lines get on a weekly basis, I'd say a new strength coach is on the menu too. Do we have the only guy in the league that won't pump his guys full of HGH?
Reply/Quote
Should they miss the playoffs this year I don't see how anyone can justify keeping Lewis.  As far as assistants go, I don't see how anyone can defend Alexander at this point. The line is back to 2010 form despite spending multiple high draft picks to the cause. Guenther's D did not have a good game. The safeties don't seem to be doing their job of preventing the big play which does not help Coyle's case. 
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 12:06 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Should they miss the playoffs this year I don't see how anyone can justify keeping Lewis.  As far as assistants go, I don't see how anyone can defend Alexander at this point. The line is back to 2010 form despite spending multiple high draft picks to the cause. Guenther's D did not have a good game. The safeties don't seem to be doing their job of preventing the big play which does not help Coyle's case. 

Sadly I do think we'll miss the playoffs because we're getting beaten in the trenches regularly, especially O Line.  We do need a coaching overhaul. Do I think Mike Brown will allow that?  I doubt it.  I think we're picking in the teens in the draft next year.  Not bad enough for top 10, not good enough for bottom ten.

And we're watching the coach we let get away (Zimmer) absolutely crush it with the Vikings despite losing his starting QB and star RB.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 12:06 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Should they miss the playoffs this year I don't see how anyone can justify keeping Lewis.  As far as assistants go, I don't see how anyone can defend Alexander at this point. The line is back to 2010 form despite spending multiple high draft picks to the cause. Guenther's D did not have a good game. The safeties don't seem to be doing their job of preventing the big play which does not help Coyle's case. 

Hello, I'm Mike Brown. 
Reply/Quote
If they do fire Marvin it would be too cool if Mike Brown explained it like this.....

Reporter: So why did you decide to fire Marvin Lewis?

Brown: We needed to get better (giggle)
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 11:54 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: With the manhandling both lines get on a weekly basis, I'd say a new strength coach is on the menu too. Do we have the only guy in the league that won't pump his guys full of HGH?

Word. Strength and conditioning. Can we get Lance Armstrong?
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 01:43 PM)GreenDragon Wrote: Word. Strength and conditioning. Can we get Lance Armstrong?

Haha, right? Hey, it's not cheating if everyone's doing it.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 01:43 PM)GreenDragon Wrote: Word. Strength and conditioning. Can we get Lance Armstrong?

Barry Bonds just lost his job recently as the Marlins hitting coach, so he is probably looking for work.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 11:54 PM)Yojimbo Wrote:
With the manhandling both lines get on a weekly basis, I'd say a new strength coach is on the menu too.
Do we have the only guy in the league that won't pump his guys full of HGH?

Linemen can have all the strength in the world, but if you can't get into the opposition (with proper technique and/or effort), that strength can easily mean nothing.
Heck, Bodine was one of the strongest linemen ever but constantly gets pushed back. I haven't investigated enough to confirm, but it could be because the DL has longer arms and/or better technique to keep Bodine from getting his hands into his body.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 01:55 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Linemen can have all the strength in the world, but if you can't get into the opposition (with proper technique and/or effort), that strength can easily mean nothing.
Heck, Bodine was one of the strongest linemen ever but constantly gets pushed back. I haven't investigated enough to confirm, but it could be because the DL has longer arms and/or better technique to keep Bodine from getting his hands into his body.

Bodine is just terrible at the sport and I think his mother should be ashamed of herself for ever signing him up for organized fball back in the day.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 11:49 PM)GreenDragon Wrote: Full overhaul on each side of the ball.
QB coach
WR coach
Offensive Line coach
DB coach

No doubt. 14 seasons is enough to show what Marvin can or cannot do. It's time for him to go. If only the Ken Broos of the world and the rest of the suck up media would catch on. They offer nothing but unearned praise to Marvin. Weird.
Reply/Quote
We've missed the boat. It'll be a true gamble now. Could have had a smooth transition two times over. MB's fear of change has hurt as we watch Zimmer march to a championship.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 02:13 PM)jj22 Wrote: We've missed the boat. It'll be a true gamble now. Could have had a smooth transition two times over. MB's fear of change has hurt as we watch Zimmer march to a championship.

What would the gamble be? Not making the super bowl? Not losing to Pittsburgh for the hundredth time? Losing an 8th straight playoff game? 

If those things are okay with you then keep Marvin. Otherwise, fire his ass.
Reply/Quote
The master plan is unfolding as it should...Hue is completely destroying the Browns to a winless season, will get let go, Marvin is removed as HC, and Hue becomes the Bengals HC...just like it was planned... Ninja
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 02:28 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The master plan is unfolding as it should...Hue is completely destroying the Browns to a winless season, will get let go, Marvin is removed as HC, and Hue becomes the Bengals HC...just like it was planned... Ninja

Let's just hope Hue doesn't make our first 3 QBs get injured within a month like he made the Browns do, or something.  What is he doing, poisoning them or something? It would also be great if he could convince Mike Brown to trade any high draft picks for 10 nobodies like he's making the Browns do, too.

Basically, we know Hue is poisoning the players and hypnotizing the front office in Cleveland. Dudes like a super spy assassin dude.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 02:28 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The master plan is unfolding as it should...Hue is completely destroying the Browns to a winless season, will get let go, Marvin is removed as HC, and Hue becomes the Bengals HC...just like it was planned... Ninja

I am not 100% sure the Browns even want to win this season. They got rid of a lot of their players, let more go in FA, drafted like 12 people this year, have like 14 picks next year with probably the 1st overall pick, and saved a lot of cap space.

I really seems like they have been planning for 2017 all along.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 02:38 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I am not 100% sure the Browns even want to win this season. They got rid of a lot of their players, let more go in FA, drafted like 12 people this year, have like 14 picks next year with probably the 1st overall pick, and saved a lot of cap space.

Yeah, then be kicking the shit out of Mediocre Marv and His Merry Band of Tenured Bums collective asses by 2018. Whatever

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 02:17 PM)Antares Wrote: What would the gamble be? Not making the super bowl? Not losing to Pittsburgh for the hundredth time? Losing an 8th straight playoff game? 

If those things are okay with you then keep Marvin. Otherwise, fire his ass.

I'm just saying we don't have the replacements we had in prior years. Marvin still must go, but it won't be the smooth transition it could have been.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 02:38 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I am not 100% sure the Browns even want to win this season. They got rid of a lot of their players, let more go in FA, drafted like 12 people this year, have like 14 picks next year with probably the 1st overall pick, and saved a lot of cap space.

It's going to be a hoot seeing them trade the #1 pick in 2017 for 27 4th rounders.  Can a team be made of 53 rookies?  They'll have to sign some bloated FA for like 60 million per year to hit the cap floor.  Oooh, maybe Hue would sign Dalton or AJM to a 1 year $60 mil contract!
Reply/Quote