Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
This team needs to tank
Yea let's tell Joe Mixon Tyler Boyd Carl Lawson William Jackson etc...that they are going to rank a season or two see how fast they jump ship.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 10:23 AM)HuDey Wrote: I’ve been saying this since we parted ways with Marvin but the idea is not well received around here. As for tanking, it goes against every fiber of my being but in the case of the Bengals, I don’t hate the idea.

Its professional sports. Its part of it. Look at what the Reds did. They started their rebuild a year too late and were behind. Now the organization is finally in a good spot, the cupboard is full, and fans are actually excited about winning. 

A lot of smart franchises have rebuilt over the course of the years and it has produced championships. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 10:30 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: 100%  

Any replacement of that rubber ring wearing hair pimper would be a win in my eyes.  

Would be nice to upgrade the O Line the next couple of years in anticipation of the great ones arrival. 

Could you imagine the excitement around here if we actually drafted Lawrence? You could even retain guys like Mixon, Boyd, Lawson while continuing to revamp the offensive line. It would be magical.  
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 10:40 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Could you imagine the excitement around here if we actually drafted Lawrence? You could even retain guys like Mixon, Boyd, Lawson while continuing to revamp the offensive line. It would be magical.  

If you tell guys like that to play bad enough to lose seasons you are taking money out of their pocket. They will jump ship in a heartbeat.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 10:40 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Could you imagine the excitement around here if we actually drafted Lawrence? You could even retain guys like Mixon, Boyd, Lawson while continuing to revamp the offensive line. It would be magical.  

sorry guys, fax machine broke.  couldnt get the selection in.  NEXT.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 10:38 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Its professional sports. Its part of it. Look at what the Reds did. They started their rebuild a year too late and were behind. Now the organization is finally in a good spot, the cupboard is full, and fans are actually excited about winning. 

A lot of smart franchises have rebuilt over the course of the years and it has produced championships. 

I NEVER advocate intentionally losing because it infects your culture.

That said, IF we could add another 2nd Round pick here and there in trades...it's something to consider.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 10:47 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I NEVER advocate intentionally losing because it infects your culture.

That said, IF we could add another 2nd Round pick here and there in trades...it's something to consider.

If you trade away guys like AJ, Geno, Dunlap, etc you wont have to lose on purpose. It will just happen. 
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 10:49 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: If you trade away guys like AJ, Geno, Dunlap, etc you wont have to lose on purpose. It will just happen. 

What good does arming the Bengals management with more picks do? Look how many picks the Browns wasted over the years before they hired Dorsey.

Trade Green and chances are the guys you bring in won't equal his production.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 10:51 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: What good does arming the Bengals management with more picks do? Look how many picks the Browns wasted over the years before they hired Dorsey.

Trade Green and chances are the guys you bring in won't equal his production.

Youre probably right. We will screw it up regardless based on what this organization has done over the years. 

DAMN IT ALL! 
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 10:23 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Im all in. 

I call bullshit. You say this now.  But once in the midst of it, you'll be screaming your guts out.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 10:35 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Aaron Rodgers has won a Super Bowl and has been an MVP twice. 

You either have an elite QB or you have an elite team around your QB. Im not confident that this organization can put together an elite roster after they just resigned Bobby Hart and Preston Brown. 

Thanks for proving my point.  If you watch Rodgers play you can see that he is still one of the most talented QBs in history.

But even with an elite QB the Packers have a losing record with him as a starter over the last two seasons because Rodgers doesn't have enough talent around him.
Reply/Quote
you dont tank when have still have players that can produce at a high level....Dalton Green Boyd Mixon Atkins WJ3.
and then you factor in young guys like Lawson Bates and Hubbard who have shown they can produce on Sundays.
oh BTW THE BENGALS HAD OF THE WORST COACHING STAFFS IN THE NFL LAST YEAR.
Reply/Quote
Instituting a 2 year tank for a guy whose representation could easily pull an Eli Manning-style power move seems like a bad idea.

And maybe we should see how Lawrence fares in his 2nd year of college football before we punt 2 seasons away.

Finally, this organization does not do anything correctly. Even if Lawrence continues to improve and announces he'd be happy to play for Cincinnati, these bozos will find a way to eke out a win December 30, 2020 @13-2 KC Chiefs team to go 3-13, jumping ahead of the tanking Jaguars for the 2nd worst record in the league.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 10:05 AM)fredtoast Wrote: They are all still here so the window has not closed.

There is absolutely no correlation between winning and signing big money free agents.  Just as many really bad team sign big money free agents as good teams.  In fact I will bet that some of the best teams sign fewer top ranked free agents than bad teams.

They are all still here and at the end up their prime, their prime years were wasted. Winning involves the right mixture of drafting and free agency and not just a total refusal to sign any highly valued free agents.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 10:05 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Pffftt…homers aren't mad at wasting the Prime of those guys. They see this team as loaded and a new coaching staff away from winning big.

Yep and they’re delusional.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 10:38 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Its professional sports. Its part of it. Look at what the Reds did. They started their rebuild a year too late and were behind. Now the organization is finally in a good spot, the cupboard is full, and fans are actually excited about winning. 

And it only took six years and there's no certainty it's even over.  Go ask the fans how much they have loved the ride.  Brilliant thinking...er...non-thinking. 

And then once The Chosen One is drafted, how many years will it take to become even competitive again?  Your head will explode halfway through the first year.   I realize this is just click bait nonsense, but the level of wrong in it is very high.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 11:03 AM)McC Wrote: I call bullshit. You say this now.  But once in the midst of it, you'll be screaming your guts out.

Ive lived it the past 3 years. Whats the difference? At least there is a objective in mind. 
Reply/Quote
I'd imagine no GM has ever had as many high draft picks as Mike Brown...what's another one going to do for us? Just a quick count, but the guy has had 14 top 10 draft picks as a GM. I wonder what the record is for one man to get?
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 11:34 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Ive lived it the past 3 years. Whats the difference? At least there is a objective in mind. 

If the objective is misery, then yes, because there would be YEARS of it.  Again, go ask Reds fans about all the fun.

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 11:36 AM)McC Wrote: If the objective is misery, then yes, because there would be YEARS of it.  Again, go ask Reds fans about all the fun.

I have to laugh bitterly that you think you need to go to a different message board to get a poll of miserable fans.
Reply/Quote