Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This was a good game
I know, I know, the Bengals blew it...play calling...offense stunk...defense stunk...special teams stunk and whatever else stunk.

Anyway, the Bengals went conservative in the second half because of that thin air, the Offense was on the field so much in the first half, they wore themselves out, lol. They had to go conservative but in a game like this, with as much on the line as was on the line, you have to ask your players to step up, be big boys and dig deep to get this win.

After watching tonight, I think the Bengals can get that ever elusive first playoff win with McCarron. After that, let's hope Dalton is back and he can carry this team to the AFC Championship game and beyond.

I do believe if Dalton didn't get hurt against Pittsburgh, the Bengals would have won that game and I believe if Dalton was playing in this game, the Bengals would have won easily...without a doubt I believe that.

This is the Bengals year my fellow Bengals Fans...

WHO-DEY!!!
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:18 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I know, I know, the Bengals blew it...play calling...offense stunk...defense stunk...special teams stunk and whatever else stunk.

Anyway, the Bengals went conservative in the second half because of that thin air, the Offense was on the field so much in the first half, they wore themselves out, lol. They had to go conservative but in a game like this, with as much on the line as was on the line, you have to ask your players to step up, be big boys and dig deep to get this win.

After watching tonight, I think the Bengals can get that ever elusive first playoff win with McCarron. After that, let's hope Dalton is back and he can carry this team to the AFC Championship game and beyond.

I do believe if Dalton didn't get hurt against Pittsburgh, the Bengals would have won that game and I believe if Dalton was playing in this game, the Bengals would have won easily...without a doubt I believe that.

WHO-DEY!!!

I dub thee "Denny"
Reply/Quote
Defense really didn't stink. They made some clutch plays when it mattered most.

Offense looked great in the beginning. Receivers made some incredible catches that bailed out McCarron. But as time went on, you saw the inexperience and lack of intelligence in reading the defense in McCarron. Both during and before plays. McCarron did well against man. But once it was zone and he had to read the field, he struggled.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:31 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Defense really didn't stink. They made some clutch plays when it mattered most.

Offense looked great in the beginning. Receivers made some incredible catches that bailed out McCarron. But as time went on, you saw the inexperience and lack of intelligence in reading the defense in McCarron. Both during and before plays. McCarron did well against man. But once it was zone and he had to read the field, he struggled.

No doubt. What did he have; About 3 or 4 INTs not figuring out that zone?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:18 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I know, I know, the Bengals blew it...play calling...offense stunk...defense stunk...special teams stunk and whatever else stunk.

WHO-DEY!!!

I love ur chances with a rematch at Denver if we get by the Jets or Steelers. I thought the effort was there and I saw Dunlap and other step up. I have no idea why AJ quit on that deep route which cost him and the team a TD, but overall he also played great.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:31 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Defense really didn't stink. They made some clutch plays when it mattered most.

Yes they did. They got gassed by the altitude. They couldnt hold a 14 point lead against a team that hadnt scored a single point in the 2nd half so far this month.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:35 AM)Beaker Wrote: Yes they did. They got gassed by the altitude. They couldnt hold a 14 point lead against a team that hadnt scored a single point in the 2nd half so far this month.

I agree they got gassed by the altitude, and McCarron is still learning zone coverage, so that change in the second half slowed him down.  
Reply/Quote
Losing is a good game??? This is the problem with most Bengal fans....Do you think Pats fans say that??
Reply/Quote

WHO-DEY!!!

I agree this was a great game to watch....   Wish we could pull it off... Not posting to much tonight cause everything is going to turn into QB convo but Nice post.. REP!!  Good night!!
Reply/Quote
Consequences of playing a game in Denver late in the season with our best player having sickle cell anemia.

You can't play amazing in all 4 quarters. Holding a team to 17 points in regulation when you got 14 points in the first half of the game should be a win by any standard.

I'm not going to say I'm not upset about the game. Especially considering the way we lost.

But I didn't go into the game expecting us to win. I knew that we would most likely have to be Chargers fans next week if we want a week off in the playoffs.

You can't win every game. Especially with your green as hell back up QB playing.

Next week we should get Eifert back, and hopefully he stays healthy enough to play in the playoffs. I think he is such a factor. If he is in this game, we win pretty easy in my mind.

But it's okay. We are still at least the #3 seed, meaning we won't have to play New England in the second round if we do end up advancing. We'll play either the Steelers or Jets.
Reply/Quote

You really can't give it up can you?  

AJ had a fine game.  He had one bobbled snap and that was his only mistake.  He made some damn good throws against the number 1 ranked defense.  

You are so blind.  You said earlier he should have audibled, yet he never had a chance.  The throws he had in the third quarter were designed throws to RBs and TEs.  Watch him and you'll see he never looked elsewhere.  Watch the receivers and you will see they were all running across the field to try and  clear the zones.  

When we started throwing to our WRs we moved the ball but Hue was more content running into a stacked box or running side to side.  

You blame the guy in his second NFL start for not audibling yet the guy got the play late every single time and had zero time to read the defense all game long.  

The blame can be put a lot of places but not on AJ.  Otherwise you need to rewatch the game.  

I blame Hue for his ridiculous play calling.  I think when Hewitt got hurt that really screwed Hues game plan and he was left scratching his head and that's why all the play calls came in late.  Also why AJ couldn't audible out of those obvious run sellouts.  
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:36 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I agree they got gassed by the altitude, and McCarron is still learning zone coverage, so that change in the second half slowed him down.  

Really. Zone had nothing to do with it. You need to quit listening to people on here. It's not like he was forcing throws or even off target. Hue had issues calling pass plays designed to go to our WRs. I mean how many throws did he throw to AJ in the second half? One AJ dropped and the other AJ gave up on early.

Hue continued to rush to a tune of 33 times even though it wasn't working. We moved the ball at will in the air and Hue refused to win this game on AJs arm. 3.3yds/carry is atrocious. AJ McCarron did not struggle against zone. He ran the plays sent to him by Hue which were not designed to go to our receivers very often.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 05:38 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: You really can't give it up can you?  

AJ had a fine game.  He had one bobbled snap and that was his only mistake.  He made some damn good throws against the number 1 ranked defense.  

You are so blind.  You said earlier he should have audibled, yet he never had a chance.  The throws he had in the third quarter were designed throws to RBs and TEs.  Watch him and you'll see he never looked elsewhere.  Watch the receivers and you will see they were all running across the field to try and  clear the zones.  

When we started throwing to our WRs we moved the ball but Hue was more content running into a stacked box or running side to side.  

You blame the guy in his second NFL start for not audibling yet the guy got the play late every single time and had zero time to read the defense all game long.  

The blame can be put a lot of places but not on AJ.  Otherwise you need to rewatch the game.  

I blame Hue for his ridiculous play calling.  I think when Hewitt got hurt that really screwed Hues game plan and he was left scratching his head and that's why all the play calls came in late.  Also why AJ couldn't audible out of those obvious run sellouts.  

McCarron had multiple mistakes. He really didn't make that many good throws. He looked like a backup. Someone who isn't going to turn the ball over. But also someone who isn't going to win you games.

He didn't get the play late every time. Numerous times he would leave the pocket when he should have stepped up and made a play. But he left the pocket and showed happy feet.

He needed to do presnap reads. He needed to read the defense. When it's one on one you see where your receiver is and give him a chance. Zone? McCarron couldn't tell where he should go with the ball.

Who should the blame be put on exactly? The run game put up over 100 yards on a team that allows 79 yards per game. The receivers made amazing tip toe sideline catches. The defense straight up wrecked havoc on that offensive line.

So where does the blame go? To Hue? Sorry he didn't trust a young QB to air it out against the best defense in the NFL who was showing all game he didn't know how to read zone defense DURING a play.

McCarron deserves blame. All of it? No. But the team put him in a position to win. And he didn't come through.

Hewitt was out whenever we went and scored our next TD and when we went to kick field goals. It limits your play calling, sure. But it doesn't decimate your offensive game plan to lose a fullback.

And he didn't get the play late every time. You saw people line up and they waited on snaps. McCarron didn't read the defense well. He waited to hike the ball numerous times.

Face it. McCarron is a solid backup and that's it.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 06:11 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: McCarron had multiple mistakes. He really didn't make that many good throws. He looked like a backup. Someone who isn't going to turn the ball over. But also someone who isn't going to win you games.

He didn't get the play late every time. Numerous times he would leave the pocket when he should have stepped up and made a play. But he left the pocket and showed happy feet.

He needed to do presnap reads. He needed to read the defense. When it's one on one you see where your receiver is and give him a chance. Zone? McCarron couldn't tell where he should go with the ball.

Who should the blame be put on exactly? The run game put up over 100 yards on a team that allows 79 yards per game. The receivers made amazing tip toe sideline catches. The defense straight up wrecked havoc on that offensive line.

So where does the blame go? To Hue? Sorry he didn't trust a young QB to air it out against the best defense in the NFL who was showing all game he didn't know how to read zone defense DURING a play.

McCarron deserves blame. All of it? No. But the team put him in a position to win. And he didn't come through.

Hewitt was out whenever we went and scored our next TD and when we went to kick field goals. It limits your play calling, sure. But it doesn't decimate your offensive game plan to lose a fullback.

And he didn't get the play late every time. You saw people line up and they waited on snaps. McCarron didn't read the defense well. He waited to hike the ball numerous times.

Face it. McCarron is a solid backup and that's it.
Dude you are straight up delusional.  Did you even watch the game?  

Almost every ball caught was uncontested because AJ threw the ball to a spot where either the receiver caught it or nobody caught it.  

You seem to be down on him on a play where Green gave up.  Guess what...if AJ had thrown to the corner Green still wouldn't have caught it because he gave up on the play.  

You really didn't watch this game if you honestly can sit there and criticize AJ for his pre-snap reads.  Seriously GTFO with this garbage.  He didn't have a pre-snap almost the whole game.  Started in the first half when all timeouts were blown with more than 10 minutes left in the second quarter or did you conveniently forget this.  Or how about when the Bengals coaching had to call a timeout as to not get a delay penalty in the second half.  You had to of seen all the snaps as the final second clicked off as AJ was clapping his hands to alert his line every single play.  

But even if you missed that, your biggest gripe was that a guy in his second NFL start had issues reading the defense pre-snap.  

You are delusional.  You say Hue changed play calling in the second half because AJ couldn't read zone?    Really?  AJ didn't struggle in the first half and Hue changed play calling the first drive of the third quarter. So when was this imaginary period of time where AJ struggled in zone and then Hue went run heavy?  I bet it was probably somewhere around all that imaginary time that AJ had before snaps to read the defense and call audibles.  

This team that is full of big contract vets gave up back to back drives and to want to say they gave AJ a chance to win and he didn't.  The dude made on mistake on the last play of the game.  It's not like he got himself hurt throwing a screen pass to a defensive lineman on the goal line.  

***** hilarious your gripe is with a QB in his second start that put a ball in a very catchable spot for a TD if our WR doesn't stop running.  Damn you McCarron you should have known Green was going to stop running.  You suck at zone.  
Reply/Quote
Not just losing, how we lost is even more depressing.

The whole second half was a disaster.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:33 AM)bfine32 Wrote: No doubt. What did he have; About 3 or 4 INTs not figuring out that zone?

Lmbo, he may not have thrown picks but sure as hell didn't complete a lot of passes and had a couple key over throws...
"The Power of life and death is in the tongue"
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 09:05 AM)CincyProduct Wrote: Lmbo, he may not have thrown picks but sure as hell didn't complete a lot of passes and had a couple key over throws...

Are you joking? I oonly remember one bad overthrow and it was to Gio and the play would not have amounted to much. He had a 64% completion percentage. Green dropped one in his hands and can be easily seen quitting on a route that was an easy touchdown. That's two more. Kroft dropped one in his hands. That would have brought his percentage to 71%. He played well enough. Made the key mistake at end, bUT still played a good game against a great defense. 
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:37 AM)88Bengals Wrote: Losing is a good game??? This is the problem with most Bengal fans....Do you think Pats fans say that??

I'd say our backup quarterback taking the leagues #1 defense into overtime and losing by a field goal a pretty good game.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 09:56 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I'd say our backup quarterback taking the leagues #1 defense into overtime and losing by a field goal a pretty good game.

Thank you
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 09:51 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Are you joking? I oonly remember one bad overthrow and it was to Gio and the play would not have amounted to much. He had a 64% completion percentage. Green dropped one in his hands and can be easily seen quitting on a route that was an easy touchdown. That's two more. Kroft dropped one in his hands. That would have brought his percentage to 71%. He played well enough. Made the key mistake at end, bUT still played a good game against a great defense. 

Then your counter is broken. And I think he played well and had to adjust to what he was seeing the second  half. That third quarter was rough for him. But I was impressed, just because I responded to bfines response does not mean I did not like mccarons performance. Our offense just needed a little more but he had issues reading what he saw. Don't worry he will get better.
"The Power of life and death is in the tongue"
Reply/Quote