Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This was a good loss
This team got cocky. The media hyped them, the fans hyped them. They started to believe everything they heard.

This team obviously isn't as bad as they played on Sunday. They just didn't have the mentality, focus, and didn't take the Jets as serious as they took the Ravens when they played them. From the coaching staff down, the edge and mentality just wasn't there Sunday. It happens. Remember the Patriots "on to Cincinnati" moment?

Don't overreact at the loss. If they lose to the Browns, then we may have some issues. It's about how the team responds at this point. I fully expect them to come out and beat the living **** out of the Browns.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I would feel much better about the browns game this Sunday if Cleveland won. But they didn’t

And now they’re just as pissed as cincy

Going to be a dog fight. Gotta keep Myles Garret in check. Also Reiff has a big task trying to block Clowney
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 11:54 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: I would feel much better about the browns game this Sunday if Cleveland won. But they didn’t

Going to be a dog fight. Gotta keep Myles Garret in check. Also Reiff has a big task trying to block Clowney

The Browns aren't as good as everyone wants them to be. They have no explosiveness or weapons on offense. Yes, their defense could give us some trouble...but in no way should they score more than 20 points (pending our defense shows the hell up). 
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 11:54 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: I would feel much better about the browns game this Sunday if Cleveland won. But they didn’t

And their Left tackle has a big task trying to block Trey Hendrickson......
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 11:50 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: This team got cocky. The media hyped them, the fans hyped them. They started to believe everything they heard.

This team obviously isn't as bad as they played on Sunday. They just didn't have the mentality, focus, and didn't take the Jets as serious as they took the Ravens when they played them. From the coaching staff down, the edge and mentality just wasn't there Sunday. It happens. Remember the Patriots "on to Cincinnati" moment?

Don't overreact at the loss. If they lose to the Browns, then we may have some issues. It's about how the team responds at this point. I fully expect them to come out and beat the living **** out of the Browns.

Heres what bothered me.
And forgive me if I cant be crystal clear on this 
Thought but you might still be able to understand it

When Jamarr Chase is making big time plays and 
Making clutch catches, the offensive really
Seems to be in sync and flow

But I noticed Chase had a few drops and he wasnt
Making the big time catch vs the Jets,the offense
Seemed to lose its flow and energy.

Look at the Bears game. Chase really couldn't
Get on track. The offense sputtered for the most part
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 11:56 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: The Browns aren't as good as everyone wants them to be. They have no explosiveness or weapons on offense. Yes, their defense could give us some trouble...but in no way should they score more than 20 points (pending our defense shows the hell up). 

That’s your opinion. I think browns have a lot more in their offensive bag than they have been showing.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 12:01 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: That’s your opinion. I think browns have a lot more in their offensive bag than they have been showing.

Put up a whopping 10 points yesterday in that offensive juggernaut against the Stealers, who managed a whopping 15 points themselves....
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 12:04 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Put up a whopping 10 points yesterday....

Cool

They also put up 40+ when they faced the chargers
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 12:07 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Cool

They also put up 40+ when they faced the chargers

They put up 42, and gave up 47....
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 12:12 PM)Sled21 Wrote: They put up 42, and gave up 47....

But you just said their defense could give us some trouble...

You’re all over the place. The browns put up 42 against the chargers, but stink because they only put up 10 against a top 5 divisional foe defense.

Now their defense could give us trouble, even though they gave up 47 to the chargers who put up 6 against the Ravens.

Take it slow. I don’t want you to fry your brain out so soon
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 12:15 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: But you just said their defense could give us some trouble...

You’re all over the place. The browns put up 42 against the chargers, but stink because they only put up 10 against a top 5 divisional foe defense.

Now their defense could give us trouble, even though they gave up 47 to the chargers who put up 6 against the Ravens.

Take it slow. I don’t want you to fry your brain out so soon

I just don't think they are a great team. The game should be a win at home and I'm willing to bet the Bengals will be favored. 

Don't ever want to count your chickens before they hatch, but I'm just saying the Browns aren't a great team. 
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 12:01 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Heres what bothered me.
And forgive me if I cant be crystal clear on this 
Thought but you might still be able to understand it

When Jamarr Chase is making big time plays and 
Making clutch catches, the offensive really
Seems to be in sync and flow

But I noticed Chase had a few drops and he wasnt
Making the big time catch vs the Jets,the offense
Seemed to lose its flow and energy.

Look at the Bears game. Chase really couldn't
Get on track. The offense sputtered for the most part

The offense in general is still a concern with me. They are just too inconsistent. The offensive line play has been shaky all season too. I hate the fact that we seem to rely on one guy (Chase) on how far our offense goes at times. 
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 12:01 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: That’s your opinion. I think browns have a lot more in their offensive bag than they have been showing.

The Browns have a bunch of "names" on offense
That arent producing. ,Mayfield OBJ, Landry and Hooper. The Browns have no explosion on
Offense other than Nick Chubb.
Right now their offense is getting lambasted
For being conservative and predictable
Reply/Quote
No loss is a good loss. Why should we support this team when they give nothing in return? Support has to be EARNED and they did the reverse yesterday.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
So far, every loss we had we were blown out by a field goal.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 11:56 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: The Browns aren't as good as everyone wants them to be. They have no explosiveness or weapons on offense. Yes, their defense could give us some trouble...but in no way should they score more than 20 points (pending our defense shows the hell up). 

Neither should the Jets have done that.  I think the Bengals can and should win this week.  But they also should've destroyed NY yesterday and didn't.  And the Browns will step up given it's a division game.  I am hopeful for a win, but I'm not looking for a cakewalk.  If the Bengals put on a clinic this Sunday, I'm going to have even more questions about what happened yesterday. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 12:33 PM)Joelist Wrote: No loss is a good loss. Why should we support this team when they give nothing in return? Support has to be EARNED and they did the reverse yesterday.

They've given 5-3.

Stop.
Reply/Quote
Now I don't think this was a "good" loss (not sure any loss could truly be called "good", but perhaps some are less bad, e.g., the Packers loss). I believe this one was just plain a bad loss.

I don't take much stock in the long, drawn-out process that often describes the motion from losing to winning, or the idea that a team needs to "learn how to win". It is not at all uncommon for teams that suck to immediately cease sucking and go far. The Super Bowl 49ers of a couple years ago had been 4-12 the previous season. They didn't have to spend years "learning how to win". They just won.

I don't even care much about the Jets record. They're an NFL team, and any NFL team is capable of winning any NFL game. What bugs me considerably more is that they blew an 11 point lead with under 8:00 remaining. Quite simply: the defense can never have another game like that if this team wants a realistic chance to make the postseason. Likewise, Burrow cannot continue to throw interceptions every single week. He has been so good, and I love him at QB -- but that could have cost them in Baltimore and did cost them in NY.
Reply/Quote
If this is Burrow & Co. on an "off-day", then we really have nothing to worry about on that side of the ball.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote

if mayfield was 100% it probly be different but right now its holding them back it seems
Reply/Quote