Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This week OTAs
(06-04-2022, 06:49 PM)pally Wrote: Of course we could have a hidden gem on the offense all ready to be WR #4

Well Taylor did have that breakout game where he scored the 2 point conversion! He's on fire now...
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2022, 04:35 AM)Whatever Wrote: Neither Burrow or Higgins can be extended until next year, though.  They are also $15 mil under the cap and can only rollover $10 mil to next year.  

I'm not really sure why they would be looking at bringing in a DT.  4-3 teams typically keep 4-5 DT's on the roster.  They have Reader, Hill, Tupou, Carter, and Shelvin.  There's no real need at the position group, especially compared to WR.
https://salarycapinfo.com/2019/02/26/salary-cap-rollover-amounts/

They can roll over any unused cap money, Browns rolled over over 56 million one year
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2022, 11:04 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Gotta put away every penny for what he's going to cost due to some of these insane deals that were signed.

Make some cuts, trades, or restructure elsewhere then if concerned about every little penny.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-05-2022, 10:45 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Excellent point.  However, if they have the young guys from the draft active, you can bet almost every single one of them will play special teams.  So you may have one less WR on teams, but you might have a LB (ADG, Bailey) healthy, or a 4th safety like Anderson (special teams demon at Toledo), or even a new, more athletic LS that can help cover teams.

The point is, a weapon like Fuller can help add points without really compromising special teams.  

A new young athletic LS or LB isn't going to take over the speed gunner role that the WR, that Morgan/Thomas usually plays.  Taycen Anderson is a possibility.  Don't forget that the gunners are also the eligible receivers in case of a fake or a scramble so you want someone who can catch in that position

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(06-05-2022, 10:51 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Well Taylor did have that breakout game where he scored the 2 point conversion! He's on fire now...

Do something like that in the NFL Trent and we can talk lol

Ja'Marr just had the greatest rookie season of any WR ever...
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2022, 02:51 PM)pally Wrote: A new young athletic LS or LB isn't going to take over the speed gunner role that the WR, that Morgan/Thomas usually plays.  Taycen Anderson is a possibility.  Don't forget that the gunners are also the eligible receivers in case of a fake or a scramble so you want someone who can catch in that position

I truly think Tycen will be this guy. A Gunner for us early on while he grows at his Safety position behind Tre Flowers.

Both Anderson and Flowers are about the same size and are kind of similar players except Anderson is more talented and more 
athletically gifted. Was a nice pick to cushion the blow once Flowers leaves most likely after this season. Tycen can be the guy to
cover all these great TE's in the NFL now a days in a year or two.
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2022, 05:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I truly think Tycen will be this guy. A Gunner for us early on while he grows at his Safety position behind Tre Flowers.

Both Anderson and Flowers are about the same size and are kind of similar players except Anderson is more talented and more 
athletically gifted. Was a nice pick to cushion the blow once Flowers leaves most likely after this season. Tycen can be the guy to
cover all these great TE's in the NFL now a days in a year or two.

Stanley Morgan was 24th in the league with 11 special teams tackles.  Most Bengal fans recognize him as a key special teams player.

What most Bengal fans do not realize is that LB Clay Johnston, who only played a few games for the Bengals, also had 11 special teams tackles combined in his games with the Panthers and Bengals.

Tre Flowers had 10.
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2022, 05:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Do something like that in the NFL Trent and we can talk lol

Just for comparison here is Trent Taylors career stats vs Chase's first year stats

Taylor .......81 - 772 yds,...... 3 TD's..........4 year career
Chase........81 - 1,455yds.....13 TD's..........Rookie year only

Hope Taylor does step into this role and excel, but he is a no position to be whoofing at Ja’Marr just yet.

But like his confidence  

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2022, 05:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Do something like that in the NFL Trent and we can talk lol

(06-05-2022, 09:30 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Just for comparison here is Trent Taylors career stats vs Chase's first year stats

Hope Taylor does step into this role and excel, but he is a no position to be whoofing at Ja’Marr just yet.

But like his confidence  

Ok you guys have to realize he wasn't being serious, right?  His response HAD to be tongue in cheek.  He knows what he's done and what Chase did.  I thought it was a brilliant humorous response.  Too many here are taking him seriously.
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2022, 10:23 PM)Stewy Wrote: Ok you guys have to realize he wasn't being serious, right?  His response HAD to be tongue in cheek.  He knows what he's done and what Chase did.  I thought it was a brilliant humorous response.  Too many here are taking him seriously.

If people didn't catch on he was posting with humor it's a total whooooosh moment by them.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2022, 09:03 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: If people didn't catch on he was posting with humor it's a total whooooosh moment by them.  Hilarious

Well I saw nothing but serious responses, so I felt compelled to post something.
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2022, 10:25 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Thanks for the updates @Pally.

I'm not a fan of seeing Adeniji at RG, but I guess I get it with Cappa out.
Would have maybe preferred Volson being there instead, but Adeniji just might be better at this very early stage.
Or maybe they just want Volson focusing at LG right now.

The WR4 spot definitely doesn't get me excited.
We've seen Mike Thomas. He's been in the league 6 years and has never had more than 13 rec, 132 yards, and 1 TD in a season.
If he's the WR4, we need to really hope there are no WR injuries.
Stanley Morgan also really hasn't done anything on offense noteworthy.
I really hope they add a vet WR4 by training camp.

I don't expect Adeniniji to be there by the time things start mattering.  Am I remembering correctly that Michael Jordan was slotted in at starter early on last year?  I'm w/ you though; it would be great to see one or even both of the other two candidates to ascend.  

Agree on W4.  I think they would like Morgan to make a leap this year, but that's not something I would want to hang my hat on at this point.  Hoping some opportunities present themselves at the position before the season. 
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2022, 06:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Stanley Morgan was 24th in the league with 11 special teams tackles.  Most Bengal fans recognize him as a key special teams player.

What most Bengal fans do not realize is that LB Clay Johnston, who only played a few games for the Bengals, also had 11 special teams tackles combined in his games with the Panthers and Bengals.

Tre Flowers had 10.

Johnston could stay on if he tackles that well on ST's, wow.

(06-05-2022, 09:30 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Just for comparison here is Trent Taylors career stats vs Chase's first year stats

But like his confidence  

He was just joking of course. Thanks for the stats though. Chase had a crazy year and even had troubles with drops at times.

Can't imagine how good he can be if he cleans up the drops and works on his routes.

(06-05-2022, 10:23 PM)Stewy Wrote: Ok you guys have to realize he wasn't being serious, right?  His response HAD to be tongue in cheek.  He knows what he's done and what Chase did.  I thought it was a brilliant humorous response.  Too many here are taking him seriously.

(06-06-2022, 09:03 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: If people didn't catch on he was posting with humor it's a total whooooosh moment by them.  Hilarious

(06-06-2022, 09:54 AM)Stewy Wrote: Well I saw nothing but serious responses, so I felt compelled to post something.

Didn't mean to act like he was serious guys. It was funny by Trent. Smirk
Reply/Quote
Cam Taylor-Britt mic'd up. You've prolly already seen this but i love how he interacts. Like a burgeoning mini-Hilton. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2022, 01:29 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Cam Taylor-Britt mic'd up. You've prolly already seen this but i love how he interacts. Like a burgeoning mini-Hilton. 

Cool vid of CTB. Like seeing him in Leon's number, hopefully he can be as good for us. I think he can be.

Happy we traded up for him. Was a nice move.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2022, 04:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Cool vid of CTB. Like seeing him in Leon's number, hopefully he can be as good for us. I think he can be.

Happy we traded up for him. Was a nice move.

Love it ThumbsUp sounds like he's one of the guys already.
Reply/Quote