Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This would be a great first 3 rounds
If we can get this I would be ecstatic! What's your thoughts.
https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2019/12/25/nfl-mock-draft-3-round-joe-burrow-bengals/
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It kind of assumes a lot that the 2 subsequent picks make it to those rounds. I do see Burrow picked first though unless Brown decides to go in some ridiculous direction to draft some complete unknown with nearly zero talent in the first round...Nahhhh! He'd never do something to upset us bengals faithful would he?  Ninja
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Quote:He'd never do something to upset us bengals faithful would he? 
This and other questions shall remain on Bengal fans minds well beyond draft day.. I suspect most already know the answers, but that's another story for another day.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Great no defense that's what we need.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I would actually be ecstatic with these first 3 picks. I see becton going in 2 though.

If the bengals signed 1 good free agent lb and a decent cb for depth they could use the rest of the draft filling out other needs and depth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Interesting. I turned on auto-simulation for all picks on TheDraftNetwork.com and got:

1 Joe Burrow QB
2 Laviska Shenault Jr. WR
3 Josh Jones OT
4 Lloyd Crushenberry G
5 Chazz Surratt LB
6 Alex Highsmith EDGE
7 Clyde Edwards RB

As someone else said, it doesn't help our defense much. On the other hand, this is supposed to be a good draft for offensive line and picking high in the 3rd and 4th could help Joe's career here (not to mention Laviska who is basically a 1st rounder WR to add to our WR corps). I kind of hate the 6th and 7th picks but that's probably irrelevant anyways.

Reply/Quote
With so many needs, it doesn’t make sense to get a WR in 2nd. Would rather see Burrow, OT and then BPA at linebacker position.

2nd round OT, with Jonah, decreases likelihood that Burrow is ruined by being sacked 200 times his rookie year. So to me, it’s necessary due to investment at QB position. We can’t go another year with Hart as a starting tackle. (Let him be 3rd Tackle-serviceable backup.)
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2019, 10:53 PM)TrenchWarfare Wrote: With so many needs, it doesn’t make sense to get a WR in 2nd. Would rather see Burrow, OT and then BPA at linebacker position.

2nd round OT, with Jonah, decreases likelihood that Burrow is ruined by being sacked 200 times his rookie year. So to me, it’s necessary due to investment at QB position. We can’t go another year with Hart as a starting tackle. (Let him be 3rd Tackle-serviceable backup.)

You never reach for need.  That's what gets you some of the busts we've seen in the past.

All three of those guys would be great picks.  The reality is that we need to actually utilize free agency to fill some holes with some starter caliber guys
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 02:13 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: You never reach for need.  That's what gets you some of the busts we've seen in the past.

All three of those guys would be great picks.  The reality is that we need to actually utilize free agency to fill some holes with some starter caliber guys

Concur that WR from CO would be upgrade and improvement but your assumption is that getting a tackle in the second round would be a reach. Perhaps a first round talented tackle would fall to the second, just as in the scenario a first round talent wide receiver fell to the second round. So, now that all things are equal, id draft a tackle over a WR if we go Burrow 1st.

Also, what “reaches” are you talking about. Ross and Price? Problem with drafting these two wasn’t a ‘reach,’ it’s that they were drafted at all. Also Ross wasn’t filling urgent depth chart need. Should be able to find players with their performance output as undrafted FAs.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2019, 08:59 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: Interesting. I turned on auto-simulation for all picks on TheDraftNetwork.com and got:

1 Joe Burrow QB
2 Laviska Shenault Jr. WR
3 Josh Jones OT
4 Lloyd Crushenberry G
5 Chazz Surratt LB
6 Alex Highsmith EDGE
7 Clyde Edwards RB

As someone else said, it doesn't help our defense much. On the other hand, this is supposed to be a good draft for offensive line and picking high in the 3rd and 4th could help Joe's career here (not to mention Laviska who is basically a 1st rounder WR to add to our WR corps). I kind of hate the 6th and 7th picks but that's probably irrelevant anyways.

Imo I hope we do much better than that at the linebacker position
Reply/Quote
Not a fan after round 1.

Shenault reminds me of that guy who the Packers drafted who had to be converted into a RB.  He seems more like a 4th round type of talent than an early 2nd rounder.  

Has there ever been a successful NFL tackle who was as large as Becton?  360 gives me pause.  Will he really be the first OT of all time to be that massive and to go on to have a great career?

I see a good QB and two wing and a prayer type of picks.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 01:27 AM)TrenchWarfare Wrote: Concur that WR from CO would be upgrade and improvement but your assumption is that getting a tackle in the second round would be a reach. Perhaps a first round talented tackle would fall to the second, just as in the scenario a first round talent wide receiver fell to the second round. So, now that all things are equal, id draft a tackle over a WR if we go Burrow 1st.

Also, what “reaches” are you talking about. Ross and Price? Problem with drafting these two wasn’t a ‘reach,’ it’s that they were drafted at all. Also Ross wasn’t filling urgent depth chart need. Should be able to find players with their performance output as undrafted FAs.

Ross filled a need - we needed a guy that could add some speed and stretch the field, but he was a huge reach.

Price filled a need, but many thought he was the consensus 3rd best center.  That's a reach.

I'm also talking in general terms.  You should always take the #1 player on your board (unless it's a QB and you already have one).  Unfortunately, it's hard to do that when you don't use free agency to fill holes on the roster.
Reply/Quote